dontclapGonorrhea

Devin Singletary 2020 Outlook

What are the thoughts on Singletary in a 0.5 PPR league?  Where would you take him?  I ended up taking him in the early 5th as bench depth.

5 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

That is a very bold take and a bit delusional.  Hunt is 5'11" 216 lbs and built like a feature back while Singletary is only 5'7" 200 lbs.  Both have good ability but Singletary isn't built to take an every-down pounding and will likely be in a committee with the rookie Zack Moss this season. 

When the entire world has a take that Singletary will get low calorie touches, lack of goal line, maybe even lack of receptions (and I mean the entire world, and every fantasy "expert"), I think we should all draft him. He's being drafted at his floor right now. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

When the entire world has a take that Singletary will get low calorie touches, lack of goal line, maybe even lack of receptions (and I mean the entire world, and every fantasy "expert"), I think we should all draft him. He's being drafted at his floor right now. 

I'm in - he's talented.  And maybe Josh Allen runs in fewer TD's in the RZ or goal-to-go.  To preserve his health, he should try to run less.  He's a bit reckless.  Let Devin take a quick drop-off in for a score.

Singletary is an excellent running back and should have a solid year, no doubt about that, but I am avoiding him at his current ADP. Here is why:

- limited TD upside with Josh Allen and Zack Moss in the mix. Allen is still going to get a lot of rushing TDs, he's quite good at running it in when he's in the red zone. Sounds like Zack Moss could be more of a short yardage back due to his size.

- Singletary could lose receiving work to Moss, Singletary had quite a few drops last year so not super reliable when receiving. Moss is actually a decent receiver too.

- I see people always say the Bills are a run first offense but Josh Allen is slinging the ball quite a bit. They should really run the ball more often but I think we will see more passing this year, they will want to get Diggs involved.

- doesn't have home run ability, he is super shifty and can miss tackles but his top end speed is poor. He will have lots of chunk runs but probably no big 70 yard TDs or anything crazy.

-Zack Moss, the Bills have been so good at drafting recently that I can almost promise this guy will be quite good, they were quite high on him at the draft and nearly traded up to secure him. 

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Singletary is an excellent running back and should have a solid year, no doubt about that, but I am avoiding him at his current ADP. Here is why:

- limited TD upside with Josh Allen and Zack Moss in the mix. Allen is still going to get a lot of rushing TDs, he's quite good at running it in when he's in the red zone. Sounds like Zack Moss could be more of a short yardage back due to his size.

- Singletary could lose receiving work to Moss, Singletary had quite a few drops last year so not super reliable when receiving. Moss is actually a decent receiver too.

- I see people always say the Bills are a run first offense but Josh Allen is slinging the ball quite a bit. They should really run the ball more often but I think we will see more passing this year, they will want to get Diggs involved.

- doesn't have home run ability, he is super shifty and can miss tackles but his top end speed is poor. He will have lots of chunk runs but probably no big 70 yard TDs or anything crazy.

-Zack Moss, the Bills have been so good at drafting recently that I can almost promise this guy will be quite good, they were quite high on him at the draft and nearly traded up to secure him. 

The bad practice for Singeltary plus the hype train out of control for Zack Moss (rotoworld isn't helping but they love to pump their own bias). 

Feeling like my keeper of Singletary will prove to be a waste if he's wally pipped...we'll see though. Kept him for 9th round price so that was whatever. His current ADP is going to fall in the next week or two due to training camp news being overblown. 

• Like 1

• The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia reports Devin Singletary has been having "fumbling issues" in Bills camp. 

Buscaglia has charted Singletary with only two coughups, but they have occurred in "only seven padded practices and not a whole lot of team drills and rushing attempts." Coach Sean McDermott stressed ball security when talking about Singletary on Monday. Singletary had the league's worst fumbling percentage as a rookie. The report comes as rookie Zack Moss continues to generate hype. These are small sample sizes, while Moss needs to do more than just look good in practice, but there is no question that Singletary is a wild card in the RB2/3 range. 

SOURCE: The Athletic
    Aug 27, 2020, 4:46 PM ET

•  

More negative news about Singletary.  I've made sure to take Zack Moss later in recent drafts that I've done as I think he has a chance to take over as the main guy later in the season.  

@sjm76 We were told about those fumbles in earlier camp reports, that writer is just regurgitating old news. Nothing to see here.  

51 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

@sjm76 We were told about those fumbles in earlier camp reports, that writer is just regurgitating old news. Nothing to see here.  

The fact that Singletary is still having fumbling problems after having the worst fumble percentage as a rookie isn't good, though.

• Like 1

I'm not necessarily doubting the writer's repeated Moss is amazing and Singletary meh takes per se but boy do they seem extreme on a certain level.  Singletary proved himself last year.  And Moss is an unproven rookie. Singletary may be a timeshare back but by the 6th/7th round where he clearly will fall who isn't?

For some reason reading these reports makes me think of frozen orange juice stock manipulation and a sh*t eating grin on Dan Akroyd's face.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Magoo said:

For some reason reading these reports makes me think of frozen orange juice stock manipulation and a sh*t eating grin on Dan Akroyd's face.

A plus reference.   

Two camp fumbles is not going to keep Singletary on the shelf, but he damn sure needs to be secure once the season starts.  Moss has some momentum it seems, it might be very little, but if he gets a larger share early in the season he might just be talented enough to hang onto it.   

• Like 1

I agree, the fumbles are a worry for sure. But I feel the writer on those articles may be Zach Moss father in law or something the way he's pushing Moss. Like I stated before just he seems to be regurgitating old news. I saw somewhere online they created a nick-name for Devin Singletary after this news broke. It was Devin SingleCARRY & Devin FUMBLEtary lmao not gonna lie it made me chuckle. Anyways, I have faith in Singletarys production last year but I urge that he tighten up QUICK or this writer "speaking it into existence" is going to come true.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

I agree, the fumbles are a worry for sure. But I feel the writer on those articles may be Zach Moss father in law or something the way he's pushing Moss. Like I stated before just he seems to be regurgitating old news. I saw somewhere online they created a nick-name for Devin Singletary after this news broke. It was Devin SingleCARRY & Devin FUMBLEtary lmao not gonna lie it made me chuckle. Anyways, I have faith in Singletarys production last year but I urge that he tighten up QUICK or this writer "speaking it into existence" is going to come true.  

To be fair, he’s not alone in the Moss praising right now. Many have noted how well he has looked in various aspects of the game. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

To be fair, he’s not alone in the Moss praising right now. Many have noted how well he has looked in various aspects of the game. 

Yea, I've seen that too. Maybe I'm just in denial? lol

Moss no doubt will have a role to begin but I think people are over hyping it so much right now. Some people act like Singletary is just a bum. Lets not forget, Singletary was good second half of the season when he got the reins.

My hope is Singletary starts the season fast cause if he doesn't it'll spell trouble cause Moss will be nipping at his ankles.

Edited by jeremyt7

Posted (edited)

Moss' stature is definitely moreso that of a *feature back* than Singletary but I don't think that necessarily means that he's going to be the automatic guy on 1st or second.  Buffalo is creative with their RB usage so instead of this *who is going to be the lead guy* it's probably safer to view this backfield as a red flag volume wise for either guy (and more for Moss unless he explodes). 

Singletary had the 5th highest yards per carry.  And will continue to get room in space because of Allen.

I've mostly seen him go in the 6th recently.  I feel like the groupthink fade is based on a faulty premise that he's going in the late 4th which is not accurate in recent drafts.

Edited by Magoo

29 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Moss is now ranked higher than Singletary in Yahoo, did not see that coming. I'd rather have Singletary at their current prices.

Got him for $18 in an auction. In comparison, Bell went for $17 lol no one wanted him at all- can't blame them. To also compare, I got Gordon for $16 and Carson for $33 (this auction was all over the place..)

Think he can greatly outperform it, especially if he's upped in the passing game. 

As much as I like Singletary, all of these blurbs are incredibly discouraging. Unless the beat writers have a hard-on for Moss and are trying to pump the breaks on Singletary, I'm really not getting it.

Starting to regret paying $19 out of $200 for an auction of him, when Moss went for $4. 

Although I do think he's a good start Week 1 against the Jets...that Jets offense is going to have immense trouble moving the ball and the Bills project the run the ball a lot that game. 

1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I feel like the hate has gone a little too far here. If you can get him as your RB3 that's money. 

Not if he keeps fumbling and loses his starting job to Moss.  Then he would become more of a fantasy rb4.  He would basically flip flop with Moss.

Edited by sjm76

Busiglia has made the same argument about fumbling issues based on the same total of fumbles (2) that hasn't changed in two weeks. I wish I could get paid for regurgitating the same facts and arguments in new articles over and over again.

Edited by Magoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2020 at 12:00 PM, mulhollandvelvet said:

I feel like the hate has gone a little too far here. If you can get him as your RB3 that's money. 

Agreed. It’s like his promising rookie season never happened and frank gore is still there. Oh and he was second only to Kyle allen with 34 fumbles /sarcasm 

On 9/3/2020 at 10:21 AM, Magoo said:

Busiglia has made the same argument about fumbling issues based on the same total of fumbles (2) that hasn't changed in two weeks. I wish I could get paid for regurgitating the same facts and arguments in new articles over and over again.

Exactly, the dude keeps reporting about the same fumbles that happned 3/4 weeks ago making it seem like Devin is fumbling every practice lol. I stopped reading about any blurbs from that Beluciaga douche bag.