dontclapGonorrhea

Devin Singletary 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, FrankGoresLeftHand said:

moss grows in wet places

Well see you just jinxed yourself with this one so Singletary is going to flop for all of us now.

3 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

What are we doing with this backfield? 

bills offense looked good- surprisingly the passing game but it’s the jets and I’ll reserve judgment until next week.

that being said he needs a Zack moss injury and josh Allen to stop taking GL to reach his ceiling. Basically a low end flex play with moss there now- moss got the red zone TD too.

i hate it for fantasy and honestly would try to move him 

In games Buffalo projects to be ahead, sit him. Don't think about it next week. This competition really evened out as the off season went on. Moss didn't show a lot of running chops, but he's a rookie. Singletary still shows a lot of juice with the ball in his hands. The thing is, I don't think the staff wants to use him if not needed. They also dramatically shifted the offense to just let Josh run the whole show.

I'd look at him as a matchup RB2 tbh, like Hunt in Cleveland.

16 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

bills offense looked good- surprisingly the passing game but it’s the jets and I’ll reserve judgment until next week.

that being said he needs a Zack moss injury and josh Allen to stop taking GL to reach his ceiling. Basically a low end flex play with moss there now- moss got the red zone TD too.

i hate it for fantasy and honestly would try to move him 

I just don't think you are getting anything back for him right now. I'll be really interested in seeing how the next couple games look. This was a weird game...or maybe Allen is just Lamar Jackson now. I didn't watch the game. 

Just now, mulhollandvelvet said:

I just don't think you are getting anything back for him right now. I'll be really interested in seeing how the next couple games look. This was a weird game...or maybe Allen is just Lamar Jackson now. I didn't watch the game. 

He is Lamar Jackson, minus some accuracy and plus a lot more fumbles.

18 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

He is Lamar Jackson, minus some accuracy and plus a lot more fumbles.

Josh Allen is the modern day John Elway.

I feel like a few things are working in his favor this week:

1) Moss is dinged up. He might play but his touches might be limited which gives more opportunities to Singletary

2) You gotta think at some point the opponents are gonna key in on the #1 passing offense in the league, opening things up for Singletary.

3) Bills have 6 passing tds and 1 rushing td by Allen. At some point, Singletary will punch one in. Why not this week.

My take as a Bills fan- Moss has looked less decisive & a little slower than expected, while Singletary seems to have gotten even quicker this year. Would not surprise me to see Singletary get closer to a 70% share. Moss will still be the GL guy.

I’m throwing John Brown in over Singletary in my flex this week. Until I see something from him that tells me otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Michael Bluth said:

So we finally get to start him this week?

If Moss is out, yeah. If not, no.

He's the definition of safe. He has a floor of carries and recs every week no matter game script or flow. He just also happens to have a severely capped ceiling. A guy you want to have on your bench but hope you never have to start. 

53 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

How much of a bump are y'all giving Singletary with this news?

Tempted to flex him tbh but not even sure if it's worth the risk at this point. If there's any week for him to show it this should make it this week, but still feeling burned last two weeks... (I have Goedert in over him atm)

1 minute ago, Ergogh said:

Tempted to flex him tbh but not even sure if it's worth the risk at this point. If there's any week for him to show it this should make it this week, but still feeling burned last two weeks... (I have Goedert in over him atm)

I have lots of shares of both and the only way I'd play them is if one is out. That means Singletary is going in this week.

Right now I have him over Joshua Kelley, but I can't decide.  They are ranked next to each other as of this morning on a couple of sites, but I'll be keeping up with this until gametime to try and make the best decision.

1 hour ago, munygon2 said:

How much of a bump are y'all giving Singletary with this news?

This news is leading me to flex him this weekend.  Other options were Mike Davis and Gibson.  

Feels like he could get you 70 rushing yards, 30 receiving yards and hopefully a score if Allen isn't feeling too greedy.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

I have lots of shares of both and the only way I'd play them is if one is out. That means Singletary is going in this week.

That's kinda my thinking. I guess you could think of him a bye week cover, but outside that, if you don't start him this week why do you have him at all?

does this news rise him above a guy like Montgomery? 

6 minutes ago, midlip said:

does this news rise him above a guy like Montgomery? 

not yet, the hype train doesn't depart until Saturday

What would Singletary owners accept in a trade? What would people be willing to give for Singletary? I might try to shop him around after this weekend if he has a decent showing