dontclapGonorrhea

Devin Singletary 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, Mackdaddy21 said:

Do you start him over Rams' Henderson?

With Malcolm Brown back (although we still don't know about the finger) I think I would. Depends upon what you want from him this week. If it's upside you're looking for, then I'd probably go Henderson, although the matchup isn't very enticing either. I'm rolling with Singletary at Flex just because I want solid points.

4 hours ago, Ergogh said:

What would Singletary owners accept in a trade? What would people be willing to give for Singletary? I might try to shop him around after this weekend if he has a decent showing

Same here and potentially to guys in my league who own Barkley and CMC or who are stacked at WR.  

His best game last year was 140 total yards and a touchdown.  That's his absolute ceiling, but I highly doubt he gets there against the Rams.  Starting him and hoping for a 100 total yards.

10 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

His best game last year was 140 total yards and a touchdown.  That's his absolute ceiling, but I highly doubt he gets there against the Rams.  Starting him and hoping for a 100 total yards.

His best rookie game is his ceiling in his sophomore campaign?

85e374c7711f9fb29b971557ad959caa--free-candy-the-sweet.jpg.cf (1).jpg

28 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

His best rookie game is his ceiling in his sophomore campaign?

I believe so.  He is welcome to prove me wrong, though.

Just a wild prediction but I bet he gets a TD vultured by the fullback Reggie Gilliam at the goal line. I do think he’s going to have a productive day though, the Bills hate TJ Yeldon so he will maybe have a couple of touches but that’s it.

Gotta be one of the best values on DK this week

• Like 1

I think it's about time to talk about Singletary in the top tier of running backs. I'm usually wary to sip the homer Kool Aid but he is just so efficient per touch and he is a ridiculous blend of vision and quickness.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 11:57 AM, shenaulty said:

take the 15+ carries 5+ targets and hope he scores

15/70 4/30/1

Literally spot on, just didn't get the TD.

10 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

I think it's about time to talk about Singletary in the top tier of running backs. I'm usually wary to sip the homer Kool Aid but he is just so efficient per touch and he is a ridiculous blend of vision and quickness.

I think it's about time Singletary started scoring some touchdowns first tbh.

I agree though, like what I see, just in FF terms he's fighting with Allen and others for the GL stuff.

19 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

He always stands out when I see him but for fantasy purposes he is going to split with moss and get no backfield work. He’s hard to trust really but the talent is there to be an rb1. 

Got downed at the 1 once, and Allen kept it at the goalline 3(!) times on option plays. Could have been a huge day. He pops every time he gets the ball. Moss is the opposite. Hopefully his workload continues to increase.

54 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Do we know if Zach Moss will be back? He usually caps Singletary's production 

Can't imagine he'll be back for a huge amount of work. There's just no need. I could see them having him on standby for Singletary just in case, and if the game is won they just don't need to risk Moss at all.

On 9/27/2020 at 9:59 PM, Br0kenB said:

Actual skill as a football player?  Sure, the kid is very good.  For fantasy?  He's still a borderline flex guy at best.  And this is coming from someone who actively targeted him this year and want him on all my teams.

16 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Also, it's Allen who tends to cap Singletary's production.

That goes without saying, but Moss was taking 40-50% of the carries before last week. Allen certainly caps his TD potential. 

6 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Actual skill as a football player?  Sure, the kid is very good.  For fantasy?  He's still a borderline flex guy at best.  And this is coming from someone who actively targeted him this year and want him on all my teams.

He has had 16, 13, and 18 opportunities (rushes + targets) in weeks 1-3 and plays for a high flying offense. To call him a borderline flex is a pretty heavy undersell IMO, especially if Moss is still hurt.

Singletary looked fantastic last game which is not surprising, he's extremely shifty and elusive. The TD's will come although still probably won't get a ton. I think he will hold off Moss and get the majority of the carries going forward. Moss caught a TD but hasn't exactly shined on any other play.

Just now, furbz420 said:

He has had 16, 13, and 18 opportunities (rushes + targets) in weeks 1-3 and plays for a high flying offense. To call him a borderline flex is a pretty heavy undersell IMO, especially if Moss is still hurt.

It took an injury for him to barely squeak out 10 fantasy points.  If that's not a borderline flex then idk what is.  Without Moss, yes, I'd bump him into RB2 territory, but that's only temporary and he's still not likely to get any TD unless he breaks a long one.

Love the kid, not the best situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

He isn’t lying. Borderline flex, especially with his usage in the red zone. His limited upside is why he’s a borderline flex. Barely RB2 with Moss out. 

• Like 1

Right, Allen is the goal line RB for the Bills. I don't see that changing. I use him as a flex in .5 PPR situationally. He's been serviceable, but as long as the offense operates as it is, I don't expect consistent RB2 numbers, especially if they keep giving Moss half of the carries.