dontclapGonorrhea

Devin Singletary 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

It took an injury for him to barely squeak out 10 fantasy points. 

How is 16 points barely squeaking out 10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

Actual skill as a football player?  Sure, the kid is very good.  For fantasy?  He's still a borderline flex guy at best.  And this is coming from someone who actively targeted him this year and want him on all my teams.

Yes, real life. Not for fantasy. If he got 20+ touches a game he'd be in the same conversation as guys like Kamara and Elliott.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, furbz420 said:

How is 16 points barely squeaking out 10?

Most leagues aren't full PPR, sir.  In .5 he had 14, and in standard he had 12.  And again, those are still just decent flex numbers, with his main competition sitting out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Most leagues aren't full PPR, sir.  In .5 he had 14, and in standard he had 12.  And again, those are still just decent flex numbers, with his main competition sitting out.

 

And those are barely flex numbers to you? That's all yardage and catches, no scores. Good enough for rb18 last week in my league's scoring.

 

And yes, my comment was predicated on Moss being out/being phased out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is too quiet. He was a knee short from a huge game last weekend and he’s got the a Raiders this weekend who’ve been gashed 3 weeks straight. Should be a monster day with no Moss. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Putting fantasy aside for a second it was a joy to watch that game from a rushing perspective. Henderson and Singletary both display incredible balance and shiftiness. I agree that if given a full work load Singletary would be a legit RB1. Will that ever happen in a Josh Allen offense? I doubt it but with his efficiency he's a good FLEX who can win you a week if he finds the endzone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Zack Moss (toe) returned to practice Wednesday.

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moss stinks. Now that the absurd rookie hype honeymoon period is over hopefully the Jills give Devin more work 

Edited by Mattmac0912
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 4:19 PM, Mattmac0912 said:

Moss stinks. Now that the absurd rookie hype honeymoon period is over hopefully the Jills give Devin more work 

Why does he stink? Because he's hurt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude looks so spry out there, always evading the first tackler. Hopefully he will phase out moss by playing this well while moss is out.

24 opportunities to touch the ball and this offense moves the ball and scores a lot. I think those labeling him as "barely a flex" need to reconsider.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Why does he stink? Because he's hurt?

 

Because he hasn't looked great. I mean, too early to say he stinks of course, but I wasn't too hurt when I dropped him in both my leagues. Moss hasn't really made us fear that Singletary's days are numbered, which was what we were thinking about pre-season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s everyone’s feelings about this guy going forward? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 5:41 PM, furbz420 said:

Dude looks so spry out there, always evading the first tackler. Hopefully he will phase out moss by playing this well while moss is out.

24 opportunities to touch the ball and this offense moves the ball and scores a lot. I think those labeling him as "barely a flex" need to reconsider.


This 

He’s so much fun to watch.  Impossible escapes from tacklers who have him dead to rights.   The numbers are coming.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, Blats said:

What’s everyone’s feelings about this guy going forward? 

 

Wouldn't want him as my RB1 or 2 in a shallow league, but a good Flex. We're going to be watching Moss very, very closely all season. Going to be interesting to see the Bills against better teams, but when you play the Dolphins and Jets twice a season you can't be too unhappy.

My main feeling right now is stress about whether he plays this week tbh. Not looking too far ahead!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

 

Wouldn't want him as my RB1 or 2 in a shallow league, but a good Flex. We're going to be watching Moss very, very closely all season. Going to be interesting to see the Bills against better teams, but when you play the Dolphins and Jets twice a season you can't be too unhappy.

My main feeling right now is stress about whether he plays this week tbh. Not looking too far ahead!

I agree. Currently, he's the 19th highest scoring RB in PPR. If your in a 10 team league I could see not starting him based on matchups but in 12 team league or bigger he's a must start at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 12:37 PM, Blats said:

What’s everyone’s feelings about this guy going forward? 

He has been riding my bench all season. I've been rolling with Cook, JT and Sanders all season. I was able to pick up Mike Davis off waivers, so I'll be benching Sanders for Davis this week. Unless there's an injury or bye week need, I can't imagine playing Singletary over any of my normal rotation.

This is in my standard league not mentioned in my signature...

Edited by Gootz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whole backfield to himself. Not impressed. Outperformed by TJ Mother******* Yeldon. Makes me think Moss could end up 1A if he can get on the field.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Whole backfield to himself. Not impressed. Outperformed by TJ Mother******* Yeldon. Makes me think Moss could end up 1A if he can get on the field.

 

Honestly don't know if Moss is any better. He's proven nothing but not be available when the team needs him the most against a tough opponent. His toe injury either must be more debilitating then the team is letting on, or he's doing some stupid crap.

I didn't watch this whole game. thought Singletary had a few positive plays in the second half, but wtf- were there no holes open? Can anyone succeed under today's conditions?

I'm ready to just throw yesterday out and flex him vs the Chiefs probably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Whole backfield to himself. Not impressed. Outperformed by TJ Mother******* Yeldon. Makes me think Moss could end up 1A if he can get on the field.


The scariest part is that we are entering bye weeks, and this dude might be the only option for people. Me. We are...F....ed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Honestly don't know if Moss is any better. He's proven nothing but not be available when the team needs him the most against a tough opponent. His toe injury either must be more debilitating then the team is letting on, or he's doing some stupid crap.

I didn't watch this whole game. thought Singletary had a few positive plays in the second half, but wtf- were there no holes open? Can anyone succeed under today's conditions?

I'm ready to just throw yesterday out and flex him vs the Chiefs probably. 

Tenn had the 31st run D in the NFL allowing over 166 yards per game...11 caries for 25 yards..Outplayed by Yeldon? If I was Bell I would stay with a NY team..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Honestly don't know if Moss is any better. He's proven nothing but not be available when the team needs him the most against a tough opponent. His toe injury either must be more debilitating then the team is letting on, or he's doing some stupid crap.

I didn't watch this whole game. thought Singletary had a few positive plays in the second half, but wtf- were there no holes open? Can anyone succeed under today's conditions?

I'm ready to just throw yesterday out and flex him vs the Chiefs probably. 

Weird game for Buffalo.   They were just flat on offense.    Yeldon made a great catch in the EZ and had some garbage time runs.   It happens- wouldn’t worry here.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy has had the backfield to himself almost the whole year and here is what you have gotten:

 

2020  Games Rush  61 Yards 212 TD 1 Y/A 3.9 FantPt 42...RB 20 in PPR,  RB 31 in Standard.

That is without Moss or Potentially Bell in the Picture. If I had Singletary in a RB1 or RB2 slot, i would be very worried

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.