bhawks489

Brandin Cooks 2020 Outlook

[...] His schedule for the next several weeks is decent with GB, @JAX, @CLE, NE, @DET. The Jags, Browns, Patriots, and Lions are currently top 13 teams for WR points against coming into week 6 and I would anticipate next weeks game against the Packers being a shootout. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

So are we expecting a 2 catch 15 yard game now that people are going to start him next week?

Just now, NBatum88 said:

So are we expecting a 2 catch 15 yard game now that people are going to start him next week?

That was supposed to be this week.  But it wasn't, so I'm rolling the dice again.

He has smashed these past two weeks. 

17 catches on 21 targets for 249 yards and two TD's. Keep him rolling and active in your lineup. Cooks has solidified high-end WR3 status and has blow up potential on the weekly. Just gotta deal with some duds here and there

I absolutely hate owning this guy this year.

He's been in my lineup every week except two.....and yes, it was the last 2 weeks.  

Fair warning to everybody....he'll be back in my lineup this week.

Prepare for another 2 for 13 stat line.

• Haha 1

He's got a VERY juicy matchup this week vs the cheese heads. Mr. Rodgers and company will be coming out slinging it to get that bad taste out of their mouth from their last game.

Jaire Alexander can shut guys down, I think he’ll be on Fuller though

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

He's been in my lineup every week except two.....and yes, it was the last 2 weeks.  

One thing I've learned with guys like him - you either have to play him every week as a WR3 or flex, or not play him at all.  Otherwise you'll be chasing points and kicking yourself.  Trust me, I've been there.  (your results may vary of course, and you might be better at guessing than I am)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I know you're just playing around but this energy blows -- get your bad vibes outta here! Cooks is on a tear, and while he won't sustain this pace he's absolutely going to remain fantasy viable. His floor should be pretty safe in a high scoring game against the Packers, and he has demonstrated his ceiling over the past couple of games. 

• Like 1

Anyone rolling him out this weekend?

The Houston vs Green Bay game has the highest over under of all the games this weekend.

The matchup isn’t the prettiest but he’s had back to back game with TD’s with 9 and 12 targets. 

Very tempted to flex but I’m not oblivious to his boom or bust nature

Edited by gmoneypm

4 hours ago, gmoneypm said:

Anyone rolling him out this weekend?

The Houston vs Green Bay game has the highest over under of all the games this weekend.

The matchup isn’t the prettiest but he’s had back to back game with TD’s with 9 and 12 targets. 

Very tempted to flex but I’m not oblivious to his boom or bust nature

I am i think the offense has really stepped it up the last couple weeks 

might be worth the risk 

If you aren't going to start him this week you may aswell drop him

6 hours ago, scheibler said:

If you aren't going to start him this week you may aswell drop him

I wish I had a way, but I just don’t. Great blowup spot on my bench. 

People have to learn to ride the waves. Look at someone like Mike Evans who has a few bust games a year, but you still keep him as your WR1/2. If Cooks is your WR3/Flex, I think you're in a good spot. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

Nah, he's my perfect Fuller handcuff

I'd rather start cooks then fuller this week due to alexander

51 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I'd rather start cooks then fuller this week due to alexander

Never.

Fuller > Cooks 

If healthy you plug him in & shoot for the stars ! 

The one WR where you never look at matchups, just injury reports 😂

Brandin does have a good matchup tho.

Word on the street is Houston is entertaining offers for Fuller/Cobb. I think if they ship off Cobb that could benefit Cooks with additional targets. Fuller though not so sure. I think that would lend the defense to focus to much on our Cookie.

11 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Word on the street is Houston is entertaining offers for Fuller/Cobb. I think if they ship off Cobb that could benefit Cooks with additional targets. Fuller though not so sure. I think that would lend the defense to focus to much on our Cookie.

Not sure I like it. He's best as a WR2 on an offense with a few weapons. Now defenses can just focus on him. I'm also a Watson owner, so I definitely don't like this. 

How are we feeling about him this Sunday at Jacksonville?

He already torched them for 8 catches 160 yards and a TD once this season.

Good chance he does it again against a Jacksonville defense that is worse than last time and playing with a backup rookie QB? Houston is also coming out of a bye. 

Just now, gmoneypm said:

How are we feeling about him this Sunday at Jacksonville?

He already torched them for 8 catches 160 yards and a TD once this season.

Good chance he does it again against a Jacksonville defense that is worse than last time and playing with a backup rookie QB? Houston is also coming out of a bye. 

Fire him up. No reason to bench him as your WR3 or flex. 

4 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Think he's had 9 targets in a few games in a row 

Yes sir. Four straight games with no fewer than than 9 targets. 

I was using Cooks as a bye week and injury filler but I don’t think I can bench him from the flex going forward. Watson will sling it every game so I think it gives him a decent floor with some reasonable upside. 

This forum loves to hate Brandin Cooks, has for 5 years.

Since Bill O'Brien was fired, Cooks has averaged: (Through 4 games)

9.75 targets, 6.75 catches, 93 yards, .75 TDs, and 20.55 Fantasy Points per game (1PPR)

That's a 16 game pace of 156 targets, 108 catches, 1488 yards, 12 TDs, and 328.8 Fantasy Points.
That is the 3rd best PPG average of qualifying WRs in 2020.
That would be the 2nd best WR in all of 2019, behind only Michael Thomas.

Obviously, the TDs are not sustainable, but for those who want to call this a fluke, or hate on Brandin Cooks... you've been dead wrong for 5 out of 6 years.  This guy has done it for the Saints, Patriots, Rams, and now the Texans.  At some point, you have to just bite the bullet, and realize he's a good football player.  1 down year in LA, while Kupp and Woods were breaking out, was the fluke.  The first 4 games of this year, HOU sucked.  Bill O'Brien was the clear cut change in this offense, that lead to the DIRECT turn around for Cooks.

So, either you can admit BOB held him back for 4 games in 2020 and 2019 was a fluke/combo of 2 breakout WRs, or you can say that the last 4 weeks of 2020, and the entire seasons of 2018, 2017, 2016, and 2015 were all flukes.

Your choice, but I know what side of the fence I'm on.

4 teams, 4 QBs, and 5 rock solid seasons on the real field and the fantasy field.
His 7th year in the league, he just turned 27 two months ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2