bhawks489

Brandin Cooks 2020 Outlook

I’ve never been a fan of him & reluctantly took him in the 8th. Should’ve gone with my original impression. DROP

I want to drop.thisnguy so bad

2 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I’ve never been a fan of him & reluctantly took him in the 8th. Should’ve gone with my original impression. DROP

Yeah same here. I thought he was in a good spot. No excuse to have a 0 catch day vs the Vikings 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, gsiegel said:

Decided to fire him up as my 3.

Just have a good feeling about him vs the Vikes sieve secondary. Texans have to pull out a win somehow.

This definitely did NOT age well.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, affliction said:

Yeah same here. I thought he was in a good spot. No excuse to have a 0 catch day vs the Vikings 

Me too, think first time I had this dude in my team ever and most likely last time. Can't drop him yet but will ride the pine til I can figure out 2 more reliable wr

Edited by Rozr1

Jeez, that was hard to watch.  Guess he needs to play with Brady or Brees for some good production

Hehe, I’m actually glad he dropped this egg on us. Makes the decision to drop such an easy one. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

This definitely did NOT age well.

[...]

Serious ouch. [...] 

As varock stated, makes the decision much easier.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Posted (edited)

So the consensus is a clear drop? I did read he ran a route on 39 of 40 dropbacks. Is he worth holding since Fuller will most likely end up missing time? [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

37 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

So the consensus is a clear drop? I did read he ran a route on 39 of 40 dropbacks. Is he worth holding since Fuller will most likely end up missing time? [...]

There is that. Currently he has no value except as a "hold and see". I just can't figure what the Texans have going forward that will create chances for Cooks.

Anyone seeing these games? Why zero catches with 39/40 routes? Where do the targets go if Fuller's out?

The only hope for this guy is that the Texans have been awful when he’s not involved. Now is there a direct correlation...probably not but hey if they change some stuff up on offense, the sky is the only place he can go!

WR is deep this year for what you are getting from Cooks. Don't let the weeks pass by hoping for something to change. The Texans are a dumpster fire. Just look at David Johnson's production. It is ridiculous the talent they have but nothing to show for it. Fuller, Cooks, DJ...

Losing Nuk hurt but it really shouldn't hurt this bad. BOB probably just needs to go.

11 hours ago, varock said:

Hehe, I’m actually glad he dropped this egg on us. Makes the decision to drop such an easy one. 

Yeah, I may even have dropped him during the game.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

This was me.  I took him in the 8th round of a 14 teamer and thought he was a steal.  Sure looking like I was wrong at this point.

I really want to drop him but the Texans are really devoid of talent at WR.  And we know Fuller is just an injury waiting to happen.  Cooks really is a guy that SHOULD be doing more and is probably that guy that people will drop and then he'll drop a 100 yard, 2 TD game or something.

I really don't think it's lack of talent by Cooks as he's been a productive player in many different situations.  It's just the Texans not scheming for him and Watson not caring to throwing him the ball.

I don't know what I'll do with him but he surely won't be in my lineup until he gives me a reason to put him there.

Edited by tts42572

8 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

This was me.  I took him in the 8th round of a 14 teamer and thought he was a steal.  Sure looking like I was wrong at this point.

I really want to drop him but the Texans are really devoid of talent at WR.  And we know Fuller is just an injury waiting to happen.  Cooks really is a guy that SHOULD be doing more and is probably that guy that people will drop and then he'll drop a 100 yard, 2 TD game or something.

I really don't think it's lack of talent by Cooks as he's been a productive player in many different situations.  It's just the Texans not scheming for him and Watson not caring to throwing him the ball.

I don't know what I'll do with him but he surely won't be in my lineup until he gives me a reason to put him there.

By then it will be too late.  You'll have missed his one good game and the following week it'll be the same nonsense.  Better off dropping.

• Like 1

Geeez...wanted to drop him but now Bill O’Brien has finally been FIRED. I don’t know if I wanna hold now...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Geeez...wanted to drop him but now Bill O’Brien has finally been FIRED. I don’t know if I wanna hold now...

Hopefully this provides a spark. 

Watson is too good for the offense to suck like last Sunday. 

..... then again Romeo Crennel is taking over. 

Edited by FreakFries

Eh BoB or no BoB this man played the majority of snaps and put up a fat 0. Two other unremarkable weeks. Think Cooks is just cooked. He might boom every now and then, but never safe enough to put even into flex.