bhawks489

Brandin Cooks 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

Geeez...wanted to drop him but now Bill O’Brien has finally been FIRED. I don’t know if I wanna hold now...

Hold it .. don't fold it.

Give the chum another week or two, before dropping it like it's hot.

No harm in that. Unless you need the roster spot of course. 

Let's see first if the coaching staff has any significant impact. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Hold it .. don't fold it.

Give the chum another week or two, before dropping it like it's hot.

No harm in that. Unless you need the roster spot of course. 

Let's see first if the coaching staff has any significant impact. 

Yep I was considering dropping him myself, gotta hold now see how it plays out for another 2 weeks...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Cooks is still a bench hold for now, but that bagel was really painful last week. Dude is/was an athletic freak, and won the dang award for top wideout in the country his final year in college. 1730 receiving yards in one season -- in the Pac-12 not some Division II school. Dude just turned 27! If it's the concussions that's so freaking sad cause he was a BALLER. 

Can the coaching change spark the offense and get Cook's more involved? Possibly. It's enough hope for me to hold on another week or two...

Edited by Jetdog16
  • Like 2

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

Cooks is still a bench hold for now, but that bagel was really painful last week. Dude is/was an athletic freak, and won the dang award for top wideout in the country his final year in college. 1730 receiving yards in one season -- in the Pac-12 not some Division II school. Dude just turned 27! If it's the concussions that's so freaking sad cause this dude was a BALLER. 

Can the coaching change spark the offense and get Cook's more involved? Possibly. It's enough hope for me to hold on another week or two...

Nfl Football GIF - Nfl Football Texans GIFs

Romeo Crennel was the DC, coaching change doesn't change the offense, think they kept their OC.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Nfl Football GIF - Nfl Football Texans GIFs

Romeo Crennel was the DC, coaching change doesn't change the offense, think they kept their OC.

Billy O'Stooge hung a dark cloud over my man Brandin that's my only excuse / hope 🤷‍♂️

34 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Drop..so obvious. 

Maybe in 10 team leagues or standard scoring. I would rather have Cooks than Damiere Byrd, Darnell Mooney or Zach Pascall -- cause that's all that's available at my friendly local neighborhood waiver wire. Before anybody brings up Cooks' 0, his highest scoring output on the season (14.5) is higher than any of the guys I listed. There truly is upside here and this Texans offense literally can't play any worse, Deshaun Watson is too good. Cooks is an end of the bench hold. If he can't get it done swap him out for one of the legions of similar WR4/5's out there. No biggie. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Cooks is still a bench hold for now, but that bagel was really painful last week. Dude is/was an athletic freak, and won the dang award for top wideout in the country his final year in college. 1730 receiving yards in one season -- in the Pac-12 not some Division II school. Dude just turned 27! If it's the concussions that's so freaking sad cause he was a BALLER. 

dynasty/keeper league hold for another few weeks - I still think he is hurt and hasnt had a chance to get chemistry with Watson......Im gambling he has a break out game in the next few wks....

On 10/7/2020 at 4:09 AM, Jetdog16 said:

Maybe in 10 team leagues or standard scoring. I would rather have Cooks than Damiere Byrd, Darnell Mooney or Zach Pascall -- cause that's all that's available at my friendly local neighborhood waiver wire. Before anybody brings up Cooks' 0, his highest scoring output on the season (14.5) is higher than any of the guys I listed. There truly is upside here and this Texans offense literally can't play any worse, Deshaun Watson is too good. Cooks is an end of the bench hold. If he can't get it done swap him out for one of the legions of similar WR4/5's out there. No biggie. 

Pascal is a solid play this week, bet he outscores cooks. 

30 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Pascal is a solid play this week, bet he outscores cooks. 

Let's see him reach 12+ points this week. At least Cook's has done that 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/9/2020 at 4:30 PM, Jetdog16 said:

Let's see him reach 12+ points this week. At least Cook's has done that 🤷‍♂️

lol of course everyone benched him this week

Edited by ilikepieman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ilikepieman said:

lol of course everyone benched him this week

I'll take it over rage dropping! Hopefully we get the Brandin Cooks of old going forward. He's always been boom or bust production wise, maybe he just needed a few weeks to get healthy and on the same page with Watson. Plus you can't discount the impact of Billy O'Stooge being gone.

• Haha 1

Everyone will be chasing those points week and he will go 2/35

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Everyone will be chasing those points week and he will go 2/35

I’m not so sure he’ll fall back down to that. Today was the first day the Texans looked like they had any identity, and it was also the first day cooks got involved, perhaps desean saw that when you throw to cooks, good things happen.

He’s definitely a match-up dependent start, but for those of us who drafted him and still held on it was nice to see he’s still capable of this performance with this team.

• Like 1

He's finally healthy too - he's a speed guy who just doesnt play as well when he's hurt.......this performance should at least ensure him a prominent role in the offense.....not expecting him to keep up that pace but definitely WR#3 with upside as he develops more chemistry with Watson.  

Play him at your own risk, he does this every year with every top qb he's played with, boom or bust, matchups don't matter either, you never know when he's going to blow up

-Prior to last season, he had 4 consecutive seasons of over 1,082 and got at least 114 targets each of those years

-He's got a high level QB in an uptempo offense that is pretty pass heavy, especially with Johnson looking inconsistent

-They fired BOB (!!) and he goes out and has his best game of the year

I'm not saying he's for sure a stud or anything like that, but maybe with BOB gone, he will recapture his prior form.

Just like Cook has been his entire career, he's going to be boom or bust for the most part.

He's the type of player than can win you certain weeks if he's your WR2/flex. Be prepared for duds as well.

16 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

-Prior to last season, he had 4 consecutive seasons of over 1,082 and got at least 114 targets each of those years

-He's got a high level QB in an uptempo offense that is pretty pass heavy, especially with Johnson looking inconsistent

-They fired BOB (!!) and he goes out and has his best game of the year

I'm not saying he's for sure a stud or anything like that, but maybe with BOB gone, he will recapture his prior form.

Isn't he also the only player to do it with 3 different teams?

Classic fantasy football, player goes off after 90% of owners drop him

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NBatum88 said:

Classic fantasy football, player goes off after 90% of owners drop him

Dropping him was always going to be a massive mistake and that's not hindsight talking. He was getting 90 percent of the snaps and running tons of routes. Started off the year banged up and it was tough to adjust quickly to a new team with Covid. There was never going to be a scenario where Cooks remained healthy and on the waiver wire all season. He's 27, two years removed from 1000 yards and getting lots of playing time with one of the best QB's in the league. 

I think that Cooks is worth spending a high waiver priority on in PPR leagues.  He should be a wr3 at the least for the rest of the season as long as he stays healthy and will likely alternate having bigger weeks with Will Fuller.  He will likely have more 2 catch for 30 yard-type games but I think at the least he should be a good bye week filler.

I see him & Stills alternating good weeks.

With Fuller being the most consistent of the 3.  (when healthy)