Sign in to follow this  
Brye

2nd Morton trade? 1st one got vetoed (yahoo pro league)

Ok so the 1st Morton trade got vetoed in my yahoo pro league , it was

My Lance Lynn and Carrasco for his Charlie Morton

Two of the owners kept saying me and the other owner were the same person because of that trade which is bs , a few other owners said the trade was not veto able but these other 2 guys kept posting messages on the league board making lies up and protested the trade, then some how yahoo vetoed the trade.  One of those owners said he emailed yahoo complaining it was an unfair trade.  

2nd trade accepted today 

My Lance Lynn, Carlos Carrasco, Starlin Castro for his Morton, Tony Watson, Sandy Alcantara 

will this one get vetoed too? We did it a 3 for 3 so it’s not like a 3 for 1 ?

You really need to just find a better league. There is no reason to waste your time in a league with clowns that will go that far to get a trade vetoed.

I am not familiar with Yahoo Pro Leagues but from my understanding a 3rd party (yahoo) oversees trades etc to make sure there is fairness in the league. 

I am not saying you did but I was curious in your original post why you began asking do you think this trade will get vetoed.   To me that threw up red flags.   

I guess when I make trades I don’t assume that they could get vetoed.  

Once again I don’t know how often trades in Yahoo Pro Leagues get vetoed and I am not saying you have two teams in the league.  

Btw I was okay with the first trade and didn’t see problems with it. 

5 minutes ago, Welcome To My House said:

I am not familiar with Yahoo Pro Leagues but from my understanding a 3rd party (yahoo) oversees trades etc to make sure there is fairness in the league. 

I am not saying you did but I was curious in your original post why you began asking do you think this trade will get vetoed.   To me that threw up red flags.   

I guess when I make trades I don’t assume that they could get vetoed.  

Once again I don’t know how often trades in Yahoo Pro Leagues get vetoed and I am not saying you have two teams in the league.  

Btw I was okay with the first trade and didn’t see problems with it. 

This is why I asked if it would get vetoed

This one is a little suspicious. That is an awful trade and the fact that Brian has zero league history is incredibly suspect. Did you get booted off of Yahoo and have to create another account?

that's a bullshit trade

you have more then one team in here.

This dude Rohan then brought up my last trade and seems to have a vendetta against me because I traded my Yordan Alvarez and Spencer Howard for his Strasburg and Mancini saying that trade shoulda been vetoed

he gave you strasburg his number 1 pitcher and mancini for Alvarez, aN OUTFIELDER position he doesnt need and a pitcher that might be good. EXPLAIN that trade.

So yeah I’m dealing with these two owners running their mouths over trades I think are pretty fair and definitely not vetoable and they telling the owners to protest them , I would never cheat , it would take all the fun out of anything that’s competitive

1 minute ago, Crankbait said:

Get outta that shatshow

Wish I could bro but it’s a yahoo pro league , it’s cost be $250 buy in and I can’t even do what I love doing in fantasy making trades. One of my most favorite things to do , I lose some and win some but it’s fun , they taking the fun out of it for me, and I was hoping yahoo stood by their word saying they make the final call if it’s a fair trade or not and obviously they dropping the ball .

Then once the trade was vetoed the dude said he was gonna contact yahoo trying to get the Strasburg for Alvarez trade voided and it already went thought this dude is a nut job for real, trying to say Strasburg for Alvarez was clear collusion 

that Strasburg trade should be cancelled also. I'm going to try and get that trade voided. Since the season hasn't start maybe we could make that happen

Tell him to get bent...he sounds like a whiny beach lol...I'm in a hockey league like that...drives me friggin crazy...I've had trades I win and trades I lose...I'm like you trading is fun...lots of jealous managers out there that ruin it...hope you end up kicking some butt and beating those clowns

2 minutes ago, Crankbait said:

Tell him to get bent...he sounds like a whiny beach lol...I'm in a hockey league like that...drives me friggin crazy...I've had trades I win and trades I lose...I'm like you trading is fun...lots of jealous managers out there that ruin it...hope you end up kicking some butt and beating those clowns

Haha right on brotha , thanks man !! I’ll try that’s for sure 

• Like 1

He is just trying to bully you man...Just ignore him and try to win the league: that's the best revenge...I think both trades are fair

You should report them to Yahoo for harassment. Make a post about it, post a link to this thread even. None of those trades are vetoable. Strasburg and Alvarez are going for around the same price so I‘m not sure how that is unfair. 

Posted (edited)

id say majority of iffy trades go through even though last year i had a couple trades get vetoed in ypro 250 that were very fair and made no sense and it was right at the deadline at it cost me $$$

this was vetoed

gallen and keston

giolito and wheeler

WTF ha

bregman and marco

kershaw and corbin

Edited by colepenhagen

3 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

id say majority of iffy trades go through even though last year i had a couple trades get vetoed in ypro 250 that were very fair and made no sense and it was right at the deadline at it cost me $$$

this was vetoed

gallen and keston

giolito and wheeler

WTF ha

bregman and marco

kershaw and corbin

Wow that’s crazy, what’s sucks more is these 2 owners are doing it on purpose but yeah that’s bad man

57 minutes ago, Brye said:

Wow that’s crazy, what’s sucks more is these 2 owners are doing it on purpose but yeah that’s bad man

its not that bad i could see paying 10 for carrasco and 5 ish for lynn and if someone liked both a couple bucks more. dont see how anyone can/will pay over 20 for morton.

There are a ton of private leagues out there with $200+ buy ins, why on earth would anyone play in these clown “yahoo pro leagues”??

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

There are a ton of private leagues out there with $200+ buy ins, why on earth would anyone play in these clown “yahoo pro leagues”??

🤣🤣🤣🤣

because all it takes is like 4 vetos in private leagues and everyone vetos if the anonymous veto is an option

at least with ypro they rarely veto deals. and i still believe that if enough people veto on ypro leagues it will get vetoed no matter what.

5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

because all it takes is like 4 vetos in private leagues and everyone vetos if the anonymous veto is an option

at least with ypro they rarely veto deals. and i still believe that if enough people veto on ypro leagues it will get vetoed no matter what.

If it is a well run and established league with guys who know their sh*t, vetos don’t happen because the deals are not even close to vetoable.. and like I said, it is a complete joke this guys deal was vetoed in this yahoo pro league..lolol

11 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

If it is a well run and established league with guys who know their sh*t, vetos don’t happen because the deals are not even close to vetoable.. and like I said, it is a complete joke this guys deal was vetoed in this yahoo pro league..lolol

thats not an option in most high stakes leagues and even if it is you arent going to find 10-20+ leagues like that

the return rate of high stakes leagues even well run isnt anything more the 65-75% and thats on the high end.

im fine with y pro they havent vetoed any of my deals yet made about 15-20 so far.

20 hours ago, Brye said:

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/draftanalysis?tab=AD&pos=SP&sort=DA_AP

Yahoo auction values have it

morton $18

lynn $9

Carassco $9

thats even as it gets almost like I don’t get how the main office at yahoo vetoed the 1st trade its bizarre, wonder if one of the owners works for the yahoo fantasy baseball department 

It's been my experience that the other owners will look at the owner that gives up the odd number of players, and take into consideration that they have an empty roster slot that needs to be filled after the trade goes through, which would, in theory, make it a 2-2 deal, and look at the potential replacement player from the wire, where there can be players at, or close to in value to the 2 players being traded away, or even higher players available, which would seem to make the deal going to owner A as: Morton, $18,+ replacement player 1 at, or near $9 in value.  In this case, for example, would you have added a SP from the wire? If yes, which SP's are on the wire? If, no, which bat  would you have added?  If you're using auction values, what would their price be? ..My point is, some savvy, or experienced owners take all of this into consideration when assessing odd number of player deals ...

People may not agree with this assessment approach, but it is one that takes place in high dollar money leagues, there's more to just face value in odd number player deals.( and no, if you're wondering, I'm not in your league), Just trying to give you some insight as to how, key word here, "some" owners approach and assess trades in high dollar leagues..I don't do redrafts though, but the approach is still one that is utilized in all type leagues.

Good luck dealing with them, sometimes you can't change stupid peoples' minds, instead, baffle them with an offer to them where they look like they win, but it benefits you in the short and long term, it may open things up for you with other owners...just one mans' opinion. 

22 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

its not that bad i could see paying 10 for carrasco and 5 ish for lynn and if someone liked both a couple bucks more. dont see how anyone can/will pay over 20 for morton.

Well Morton was a top 10 starter last year and is projected to be one this year on a contending team. Paying over 20 for him isn’t odd, and I’ve seen him go for that in every auction I’ve done except maybe one. I myself had to pay $22 to get him on the one team that I have him on. That said, I don’t think that the trade in this thread is unfair. Carrasco can easily end up being worth $16 and was worth over $20 for a few years now. If he’s healthy his value will rise.

19 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Well Morton was a top 10 starter last year and is projected to be one this year on a contending team. Paying over 20 for him isn’t odd, and I’ve seen him go for that in every auction I’ve done except maybe one. I myself had to pay $22 to get him on the one team that I have him on. That said, I don’t think that the trade in this thread is unfair. Carrasco can easily end up being worth $16 and was worth over $20 for a few years now. If he’s healthy his value will rise.

morton has never gone over 20 any anything i have done including real draft he went $18 (not one projection system has him as a $20 player)

theres no point in reaching as there are very similar sp in that tier so they rarely go over 20. i got bieber and clevinger for 25-26 so you can see why no one pays 20 for morton.

(corbin nola grineke glasnow giolito yu all went sub $20) castillo $21

35 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

morton has never gone over 20 any anything i have done including real draft he went $18 (not one projection system has him as a $20 player)

theres no point in reaching as there are very similar sp in that tier so they rarely go over 20. i got bieber and clevinger for 25-26 so you can see why no one pays 20 for morton.

(corbin nola grineke glasnow giolito yu all went sub $20) castillo $21

So far so good, the last trade got vetoed at 4:19 pm the day b4 the trade would have passed.  Does that mean this one will pass or yahoo has random veto trade times? 

Note: This trade will be reflected on the lineup for Monday, Apr 13. If you've set your lineup in advance for future dates, please note those changes will be reset to match your lineup for the day players are added.