Sign in to follow this  
Brye

2nd Morton trade? 1st one got vetoed (yahoo pro league)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

morton has never gone over 20 any anything i have done including real draft he went $18 (not one projection system has him as a $20 player)

theres no point in reaching as there are very similar sp in that tier so they rarely go over 20. i got bieber and clevinger for 25-26 so you can see why no one pays 20 for morton.

(corbin nola grineke glasnow giolito yu all went sub $20) castillo $21

 

Well Idk what to say about that. He went for over $20 in most of mine. Bieber never went for $26 in any of my leagues either, always $28+ and usually $29-31. On Yahoo if you look at how much a player usually goes for they even have Bieber at exactly that. 
 

Morton had 16 wins and a 3.05 ERA last year, supported by a 2.81 FIP. The guy was a legit ace. He’s projected by Steamer to be the 11’th best SP this season, they have him tied with Flaherty in fWAR. Flaherty goes for over $30. He’s projected for 10’th in wins and 7’th in ERA among SP’s.
 

This guy is definitely worth $20+. He was also significantly better than all of those guys last year: Darvish (3.98 ERA, 4.18 FIP), Nola (3.87 ERA 4.03 FIP), Giolito (3.41 ERA 3.43 FIP), Corbin (3.25 ERA, 3.49 FIP) and Glasnow barely pitched last year. Not sure how they can be classified on the same level as Morton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Well Idk what to say about that. He went for over $20 in most of mine. Bieber never went for $26 in any of my leagues either, always $28+ and usually $29-31. On Yahoo if you look at how much a player usually goes for they even have Bieber at exactly that. 
 

Morton had 16 wins and a 3.05 ERA last year, supported by a 2.81 FIP. The guy was a legit ace. He’s projected by Steamer to be the 11’th best SP this season, they have him tied with Flaherty in fWAR. Flaherty goes for over $30. He’s projected for 10’th in wins and 7’th in ERA among SP’s.
 

This guy is definitely worth $20+. He was also significantly better than all of those guys last year: Darvish (3.98 ERA, 4.18 FIP), Nola (3.87 ERA 4.03 FIP), Giolito (3.41 ERA 3.43 FIP), Corbin (3.25 ERA, 3.49 FIP) and Glasnow barely pitched last year. Not sure how they can be classified on the same level as Morton. 

putting wayyyyyyyy 2 much value in last years stats like usual but ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

putting wayyyyyyyy 2 much value in last years stats like usual but ok

I just told you his projections. He’s projected to be a  top10 SP according to every respected metric. Nothing in his profile except age suggests that it was a fluke or that he’s headed for a decline. 
 

Out of top 10 SP: Cole and DeGrom go for over $40. Scherzer/Buehler/Flaherty go for over $30. Bieber and Strasburg go for close to $30. Why is it wrong for Morton to go for over $20? That’s how much he goes for on Yahoo and in my experience a bit more than that. I’m talking about 12 team pro leagues so maybe we play in different leagues as his value drops in dynasties and I play in redrafts.

 

 

Edited by Thenewwildone8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

I just told you his projections. He’s projected to be a  top10 SP according to every respected metric. Nothing in his profile except age suggests that it was a fluke or that he’s headed for a decline. 
 

Out of top 10 SP: Cole and DeGrom go for over $40. Scherzer/Buehler/Flaherty go for over $30. Bieber and Strasburg go for close to $30. Why is it wrong for Morton to go for over $20? That’s how much he goes for on Yahoo and in my experience a bit more than that. I’m talking about 12 team pro leagues so maybe we play in different leagues as his value drops in dynasties and I play in redrafts.

 

 

theres nothing to suggest he is any safer/better than all sp go in the  40-75 overall range. if thats the case there is no need to spend more than 20. if you truly like morton then sure spend over 20. i wouldnt.

 

i only do ypro leagues as well. maybe my league just devalued all the 2nd tier aces which included clevinger/bieber

 

either way carrasco and lynn should not have been vetoed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

theres nothing to suggest he is any safer/better than all sp go in the  40-75 overall range. if thats the case there is no need to spend more than 20. if you truly like morton then sure spend over 20. i wouldnt.

 

i only do ypro leagues as well. maybe my league just devalued all the 2nd tier aces which included clevinger/bieber

 

either way carrasco and lynn should not have been vetoed.

I agree on the trade not being vetoed. 

 

Bieber is very undervalued as he outperformed both Buehler and Flaherty in 2019 and doesn’t look any worse going forward. I’m still surprised he’s so cheap. 
 

As far as Morton he literally outperformed them by a significant margin already and is projected to do the same this year, so I’d say there’s every reason to suggest that. Either way this is getting off-topic so I‘lol end it here. 
 

The op should just complain about owners harassing him.

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.