Rotoworld.com Forums

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

3 hours ago, griffin727 said:

1350/450/10     FOSHO

I've got him closer to 1400/400/10... I just don't see them all of a sudden upping his targets so dramatically... some, yes... have to admit, i'm putting a lot of hopes on Burrow...

I don't get the infatuation with Mixon...

2018 - 221 pts, RB9, 16gp
2019 - 207pts, RB13, 16gp

He's ranked ahead of guys like Drake, Sanders, Ekeler, Conner, Jacobs, Chubb...all guys I'd bet have a either a similar or better years than Mixon. He's RB8 in Yahoo, but he should be more like RB14. 

3 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

He's ranked ahead of guys like Drake, Sanders, Ekeler, Conner, Jacobs, Chubb...all guys I'd bet have a either a similar or better years than Mixon. He's RB8 in Yahoo, but he should be more like RB14. 

That one year he led the AFC in rushing. 🤣🙄

But on a serious note, he was looking very good late last year after the Bengals adjusted to his strengths. With their bad O-line they made the adjustment and he did well. They should be better this year and I think that's why he's hyped so much now.

He's also got an amazing right hook. I'd show you, but I don't know if that's against the rules or not. 🤕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Arguably a better O-Line than those years, Better QB now, and id argue more weapons if AJ Green can stay on the field, those 2 seasons he finished at worst RB13 as you pointed out, so with all those improvements you think he will be worse to say "should be RB14" ? wouldnt that be his floor? (unless you think this years RB pool will be deep i suppose)

Also played 16 games both those seasons, Safety is why he being drafted ahead of those other RB's on occasion, even though yes some of them could be considered to have more upside

People like safe picks that early, i would easily take him over Chubb + Ekeler, Jacobs id take him over as well, Drake and Sanders is where you shoot for upside and unknown where Mixon you know you got a RB1 with minimal health/workload concerns

Just now, sportsfreak2744 said:

Is the o-line that bad? I seem to remember avoiding him for that reason last year

Yes. They have a second year first round LT returning who missed all of his rookie year last season with a knee injury. He’s an unknown commodity right now. The bengals havent exactly hit it out the park with their o-line picks from the last 5 years. Other than him, the line looks the same as last season

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Travis Burten said:

Well for one thing, you got his games played wrong ... for whatever that's worth. And it's not about last season, but projecting what he does this year. 

2018- Games Played: 14     Games Started: 13 

2019- Games Played: 16     Games Started: 15

13 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Yes. They have a second year first round LT returning who missed all of his rookie year last season with a knee injury. He’s an unknown commodity right now. The bengals havent exactly hit it out the park with their o-line picks from the last 5 years. Other than him, the line looks the same as last season

Big thing is scheme change half way through the season ignited joe mixon and really improved the overall run blocking. Plus their first round pick coming back. It’s not all as bad as it sounds. 

Edited by Ryansm11
Grammar
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

Big thing is scheme change half way through the season ignited joe mixon and really improved the overall run blocking. Plus There first round pick coming back. It’s not all as bad as it sounds. 

Not a big fan of the “latter half of the season he performed better” argument

they were 0-11 at one point, and opposing teams dont exactly bring their A game. 

I know this is a stance that people like to deny, but I feel it’s true, and always been true with awful teams and their opponents come late in the season.

2 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

I have no problem ranking Mixon ahead of those guys at this moment.

Drake - 26 year old who has never been a workhorse

Sanders - injured and it seems the entire Philly offense is banged up.

Ekeler - QB downgrade in terms of checkdowns

Conner- injury prone and unsure of Ben's health

Jacobs - doesnt catch passes

Chubb - Ceiling limited by Kareem Hunt

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Big thing is scheme change half way through the season ignited joe mixon and really improved the overall run blocking. Plus their first round pick coming back. It’s not all as bad as it sounds. 

I think people downplayed his week 1 injury too.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/08/joe-mixon-ankle-injury-bengals-seahawks-week-1/

On 9/1/2020 at 3:23 PM, SkinsChargersFan said:

So with this news, where do you think he fits into the top 20 picks?

He's gone by the 2nd round at the latest. Most likely will get picked before the end of the 1st tho

8 minutes ago, Evincar said:

All these guys have question marks .. including Joe himself. Rookie QB / O-line play / migraines lol , etc . Outside the top 3/4 it's all the same really 

9 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I was down on him last year but i agree he can easily be ranked ahead of those guys

I had Mixon last year and the first half was certainly frustrating.  However, last year was basically a worst-case-scenario.  Like others touched on, Mixon likely doesn't have top-3 upside, and maybe not a great chance for top-5 upside, but you know he's going to get a lot of work.

• Like 1