Rotoworld.com Forums

56 minutes ago, ZappB said:

I had Mixon last year and the first half was certainly frustrating.  However, last year was basically a worst-case-scenario.  Like others touched on, Mixon likely doesn't have top-3 upside, and maybe not a great chance for top-5 upside, but you know he's going to get a lot of work.

I agree with this. IMO he's basically been more around his (healthy) floor the last couple years. The offense is in an upswing. There's still gonna be some growing pains but he should be the center of it this year, with Burrow as a rookie, and there's enough passing weapons to keep defenses honest.

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Atomicdogg97 said:

Who is Mixon's handcuff? Are people rostering whoever that is?

I would assume Gio Bernard, but they drafted Trayveon Williams who I loved at A&M.

That being said, I didn’t feel the need to roster a handcuff for Mixon, but it would seem Bernard would be the guy. 

15 hours ago, Atomicdogg97 said:

Who is Mixon's handcuff? Are people rostering whoever that is?

Gio now, may be Williams later. We don't know. But after the Mixon contract signing, there's probably a better way to use the roster spot than cuffing here. I dropped Gio to pick up a defense. Still need to drop someone for a kicker...so he was easily expendable for me, even ahead of another player who will need to be cut within the next week.

44 minutes ago, aapox said:

Gio now, may be Williams later. We don't know. But after the Mixon contract signing, there's probably a better way to use the roster spot than cuffing here. I dropped Gio to pick up a defense. Still need to drop someone for a kicker...so he was easily expendable for me, even ahead of another player who will need to be cut within the next week.

I dropped Gio also. Waste of a bench spot now that Mixon is signed.

• Like 1

I missed him by one pick unfortunately in the 2nd round but I think he'll have a good year. I think he's got just as good a chance to break into the top 5 as any other RBs after the top tier, like CEH/Cook/Kamara/Henry/etc and typically comes much cheaper

37 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

Is Mixon more the guy he was 2nd half, or more the guy he was first half or 2019? Got him 9th overall to hold down my rbs as I went heavy wr after... Not sure how I feel about him (dislike him as a human for sure). 

I think if Zac Taylor wants to keep his job he'll use Mixon like the second half last year.  I know they just drafted their guy at #1 overall, but I can't imagine another 2-14 season would keep Taylor employed.  Any team would have taken Burrow #1.  He was one of the best QB prospects of this century.  So I'm sure any coach would be happy to accept the Bengals job if it became available.  Taylor, as well as Burrow, will have to lean on the play makers in the offense to have success and that includes Joe Mixon.

• Like 1

He is primed for a huge season as the cards are starting to fall correctly for the Bengals.

Burrow will make a big difference but having a healthy O-Line to start the season to go along with a healthy AJ Green will really make this offense go.  Add in Boyd/Ross and you have a competent offense.

One of the rare workhorse backs with unquestioned touches and top 5 talent. We'll see if this will all translate into results but arrow is certainly pointing up.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Ugly. Wasn't even in the game at the end. Plus no passing work. 

My guess is the fumble put him in the dog house. 

Burrow took so many sacks and was lost in the pocket. The O line did not help at all. I'm not convinced Chargers have good pass pressure outside of Bosa, but I could be wrong. 

Hopefully better days ahead. 

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He is an RB1, and more talented at catching the ball and route running than several teams best slot WR...I can not comprehend how poorly utilized he is by this staff.

Yea the line is awful too. That is the main reason I was anti mixon

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He is an RB1, and more talented at catching the ball and route running than several teams best slot WR...I can not comprehend how poorly utilized he is by this staff.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes outside the top 12.

Just now, Chippa said:

Yeah that looked to be the case today, and obv was last year too. That and playing 1/4 of your games against the mean PIT and BAL defenses makes life tough, but the coaching could make things a bunch easier on him by incorporating him creatively as a pass catcher.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah that looked to be the case today, and obv was last year too. That and playing 1/4 of your games against the mean PIT and BAL defenses makes life tough, but the coaching could make things a bunch easier on him by incorporating him creatively as a pass catcher.

The bengals have only had bad lines since 2016. Mike brown is content with Bobby Hart starting at RT year after year. Bobby Hart.

Bernard being on the field during the two minute offense was concerning.  Unless we see a big rebound against Cleveland and an uptick in the passing usage he's gonna be in the rb2 camp.  Cleveland sucks so all that should occur but we are dealing with the Bengals here.  

2 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

Bernard being on the field during the two minute offense was concerning.  Unless we see a big rebound against Cleveland and an uptick in the passing usage he's gonna be in the rb2 camp.  Cleveland sucks so all that should occur but we are dealing with the Bengals here.  

That was because they had zero timeouts and they weren’t going to run on any of those plays.

23 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I recall reading last year how they switched back to a previous scheme last year and he exploded afterwards.  I'm not sure what they are running this year.