dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

I think he will be fine in standard as the TDs will come but the lack of passing work should be very concerning in PPR. Certainly not what you want to see out of your first pick.

3rd pick

Usage is a problem.  Maybe Bernard should be mixed in for an entire series when he spells Mixon - just as Mixon should stay in for all 3-4 downs when he's on the field.  Sounds simple from an outsider's POV.  Unless they have absolutely no faith in Bernard between the tackles, which doesn't seem true.  Get a grip, Taylor!

Just now, jpark211 said:

How are we feeling about him in a short week against Browns D line?

Honestly, gotta roll him out no matter what right? I'm like most as he was my 1st round pick (back of the draft). 

• Like 4

This guy has one thing going for him: volume.  It's like the "Old Country Buffet" - the food isn't very good, but there's a lot of it. 

Buckle up for a lot of 21 carries for 72 yards type of lines.  My bet is he ends up around RB12 for the season if he stays healthy but he's never an inspiring pick and ends up on very few championship rosters.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

This guy has one thing going for him: volume.  It's like the "Old Country Buffet" - the food isn't very good, but there's a lot of it. 

Buckle up for a lot of 21 carries for 72 yards type of lines.  My bet is he ends up around RB12 for the season if he stays healthy but he's never an inspiring pick and ends up on very few championship rosters.

I can see the thought process here but he finished #11 last year in standard scoring. Not sure the numbers with PPR but that basically seems like his floor. So it should only get better. If he can finish around 8-9 then you basically got even value from where he is being drafted.

• Like 1

Don’t know about anyone else but I was prepared for a rough 1st week v LAC DEF. 

Not worried. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I’m holding tight for now. LA defense is pretty good, like mentioned above Burrow was already making plays. The more he does this the more it should open up the run game for Mix. 

7 hours ago, Cleanface said:

Don’t know about anyone else but I was prepared for a rough 1st week v LAC DEF. 

Not worried. 

I had my expectations at 11 points for the game. I thought he would have been targeted more, but the Chargers defense is extremely stout even without James. He has the Browns Thursday night, so if he has the same amount of touchdowns I don't see why 15 points isn't attainable for him. Week 4 is when I get concerned, but luckily the league I am in allows for future trades of picks, so people are always dealing. 

they need to get mixon more in open space. will be concerned if he puts up a dud this week. wasn't he way more involved in the passing game last year?

He torched Cleveland last season in both games, expecting big things on TNF. Another dud would put me on the concerned path. 

• Like 1

Bengals starting RG on IR for at least 3 weeks. The already bad line gets worse

8 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Its not so much about how bad the Oline is. Its bad, but the concern is the involvement in the play. We watch him to catch more balls in the backfield. Borrow running is costing mixon his value there if a QB first extinct isnt to give it to the best guy on the team

33 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Right side is weak anyway FWIW

Good thing is we will see early this week if our first or early second round draft pick lives up to the expectations. If not we can prepare to slide the boom or bust players from the bench into the starting roster.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Good thing is we will see early this week if our first or early second round draft pick lives up to the expectations. If not we can prepare to slide the boom or bust players from the bench into the starting roster.

Chargers DE is legit. Mixon will rock tonight on short week 19-120-1 

• Like 3

Still have high hopes for him but if they don’t start using him in the passing game this year he will be a DND without any major ol improvements. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, affliction said:

Still have high hopes for him but if they don’t start using him in the passing game this year he will be a DND without any major ol improvements. 

Chargers have a pretty good defense. But if he doesn't shred the Browns tonight I will be very concerned. Then again, the Ravens RBs couldn't run well on them so I don't know. I agree, he's got to be involved in the passing game. Best players need to be involved; AJ, Boyd, and Mixon.

16 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Chargers have a pretty good defense. But if he doesn't shred the Browns tonight I will be very concerned. Then again, the Ravens RBs couldn't run well on them so I don't know. I agree, he's got to be involved in the passing game. Best players need to be involved; AJ, Boyd, and Mixon.

Yeh I don’t know what to expect tonight but my gut tells me low scoring trash game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Isn’t Cleveland thought to be decent against the run game this year? Thought I remembered hearing that, but I could be thinking of another team. 

as owners, we just need to pray for more passing work. thought that's where i'd be getting a lot of value from him in ppr leagues.