dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I’m hoping someone will bite on a trade for name value. Maybe I could get a Mostert type? 

Nobody’s doing that man, run first offense vs Cincinnati’s league worst D, pass first. Can’t hurt to try though.

If he ended up in the end zone when Bernard got stopped at the 1, I wouldn’t be too concerned but here we are... the o-line is below average which doesn’t bode well going forward. I bought into Mixon due to the o-line “improvements” and burrow coming on board. 

• Like 1

The drive where he got out in space and caught passes they moved the ball easily. Then went back to Burrow looking downfield every play and Bernard in there. Never established a running game. O-line, play calling, personnel selection is trash. Would try to trade but nobody including the Bengals fan in my league would take him. Complete disappointment. 

61 passes by Burrow

Would rage drop him to waivers if I could right now.

• Like 3

Just now, NInsko said:

I can't believe i fell for the Mixon meme. 

Same. I also can't believe his ADP made it into the 1st round when his line is garbage, his coach is still new, and he plays the Ravens and Steelers twice.

• Like 1

Just now, Leopard said:

If he ended up in the end zone when Bernard got stopped at the 1, I wouldn’t be too concerned but here we are... the o-line is below average which doesn’t bode well going forward. I bought into Mixon due to the o-line “improvements” and burrow coming on board. 

This. That play on the goal line was sad. 

Yup, I’m shook. No idea what to do with him tho, I’m always against selling low but damn.

Not even sure what the market would be for him right now....I’m just sad 

• Like 1

This looks like the Bengals are setting up Bernard for a mid season trade

• Haha 1

Just now, c_dilip said:

This looks like the Bengals are setting up Bernard for a mid season trade

Nobody wants that gio contract

• Like 1

I just don’t understand how the organization extends Mixon and then doesn’t fully use him.

oh hey we just gave you a big contract but let’s trot out Giovani Bernard in our most crucial plays.

• Like 2

Relax. Bengals done this each year last 2 years. 

They effortlessly drive down field with Mixon running and catching passes and score. 

Then they go hurry up and the offense stalls because Gio blows. 

Then about 8 weeks in they abandon Gio and Mixon goes electric down the stretch. 

You just need the rest of your team to sustain your playoff run until coaches realize what they realize every year... 

Wow, our offense moves so much better with Mixon in the game instead of Gio. 

• Like 2

The only drive they threw Mixon passes and got him in space they drove down the field in 2.5 minutes and scored a TD. 

Hopefully these coaches watch tape and realize the error of their ways. 

4 targets / 4 receptions / 40 yards

7 targets / 5 receptions / 22 yards

One of those lines belongs to a playmaker. The other to a guy impeding a playmaker. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

He was projected 15 and got 12.6. Oh well. Not like he got 5. 

But watching that shitshow was so frustrating. Feel bad for Bengals fans.

Edited by Hank Thunderbolt

8 minutes ago, NinerLifer said:

Yup, I’m shook. No idea what to do with him tho, I’m always against selling low but damn.

Not even sure what the market would be for him right now....I’m just sad 

Benchola.. i lucked out with Jonathan Taylor and have Drake Carson and Snell.. feel like a fool for drafting Mixon. I had my choice of any WR

3 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

He was projected 15 and got 12.6. Oh well. Not like he got 5. 

True...that was last week. Lol. 

Mixon is such a good RB, this team is just going to waste away his prime years.

Just now, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

The only drive they threw Mixon passes and got him in space they drove down the field in 2.5 minutes and scored a TD. 

Hopefully these coaches watch tape and realize the error of their ways. 

That’s really the only big hope right now. He looked great on that drive once they got him in open space but I don’t think he saw a single target after.  The run game is vanilla and the line sucks, so give him a chance with screens, wheel routes, dump offs, anything!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank Thunderbolt said:

But watching that shitshow was so frustrating. Feel bad for Bengals fans.

Eh, at least burrow looks really good even with the line being bad

Just now, NinerLifer said:

That’s really the only big hope right now. He looked great on that drive once they got him in open space but I don’t think he saw a single target after.  The run game is vanilla and the line sucks, so give him a chance with screens, wheel routes, dump offs, anything!!

They will. They've done this the last 2 years. It's very frustrating, but you gotta believe they won't keep making the same mistakes 3 years in a row. 

• Like 1

Can’t believe I took this guy with my 9th pick and passed on Cook, Chubb, Adams, Hopkins, Julio, etc. I figured with Burrow and Green coming back Mixon would be in a better situation, but man was I wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had him last year. By the time he built his trade value back up, my season was virtually over. I thought Zac Taylor was supposed to be an offensive mastermind and would find innovative ways to get him the ball. But they insist on running him up the gut on obvious run plays, then Gio's in for passing downs. No screens, few sweeps and hardly no dumpoffs. I know the O-line has issues but the way he's being used is maddening.

• Like 3