dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, NInsko said:

That's great and all but that was last year and the expectation was that momentum would carry overvto this yr. Did you sit him tonight? knowing that it's the first half of the season? I should have 

I have him in a keeper league. I drafted him as a rookie. 

I start him every week hoping for TD's and coaches to come around. 

It's frustrating, but I'll never be the guy that benches him for Train McGoo that's thread has 40 pages and everyone's creating memes while their guy isn't doing much but they are dripping with hope. 

I start him and hope. It's frustrating the beginning of the year. Bengals Coaches are morons and it seems they are very stubborn. But they're professionals and they must realize when he's in the game and used in space they are exceptional on offense in comparison to when Gio is there or they're running him into brick walls up the gut. 

End of the day though, he had 20 touches, he had a goal line plunge from the 1 that he screwed up and it was close to a great night.  He's gotta learn not to bounce out those goal line runs and Zac Taylor needs to learn his OL gets no push at the goal line and he's gotta get more creative. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I dont get paying a guy 40 mil to not use him

It's truly insane.. Like wtf are they thinking?? They love Gio. Give Mixon the ball and let him make plays.. 

7 hours ago, Chippa said:

I watch the team. It’s more a fact of losing teams just play different towards the end of the season where nothing matters. Teams just play different. Sometimes there is a different level of effort come week 12 and the 2 teams that are facing off have 4 wins

I like to think coaches want to keep coaching salaries and learn when they're morons. 

This is the Bungals though, so who knows. 

7 hours ago, HOF12 said:

Actually I’ve owned him plenty of years. 
mans every year it’s been the same. By the time he starts going off is when you miss out on the playoffs. Why? Cus you started him thinking this is the week and it would never come. 🥴

I mean, I've won a title with him in my 11 year 14 man league. 

The first half is tough, but if you stay competitive he becomes the engine that drove me down the stretch. 

Not gonna say it's easy, but it's not impossible. 

Don't draft him in multiple leagues though lol. It can definitely be frustrating. 

I bet we'll hear some "squeaky wheel" stuff from Zac Taylor this week saying how we need to do a better job of getting Mixon in space. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I mean, I've won a title with him in my 11 year 14 man league. 

The first half is tough, but if you stay competitive he becomes the engine that drove me down the stretch. 

Not gonna say it's easy, but it's not impossible. 

Don't draft him in multiple leagues though lol. It can definitely be frustrating. 

I bet we'll hear some "squeaky wheel" stuff from Zac Taylor this week saying how we need to do a better job of getting Mixon in space. 

Ugh i really hope that Zac Taylor come out and says this. I drafted Mixon in 2 out of 3 leagues YIKES

With how fickle and easily disenchanted people are in fantasy, I don't get how Mixon manages to trick so many people every year. His late-season exploits have been fools' gold. Don't get me wrong, with the state of the NFL RB, you're almost obligated to make him a starter in your pre-draft rankings. I'm just glad I've never really been forced into drafting him. He's not a total bust, but he's not the surefire RB1 that the masses seem to want to make him out to be.

Bad playcalling, bad offensive line, bad gamescripts, bad coaching, rookie QB and no garbage time production.

WTF was I thinking?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I have him in a keeper league. I drafted him as a rookie. 

I start him every week hoping for TD's and coaches to come around. 

It's frustrating, but I'll never be the guy that benches him for Train McGoo that's thread has 40 pages and everyone's creating memes while their guy isn't doing much but they are dripping with hope. 

I start him and hope. It's frustrating the beginning of the year. Bengals Coaches are morons and it seems they are very stubborn. But they're professionals and they must realize when he's in the game and used in space they are exceptional on offense in comparison to when Gio is there or they're running him into brick walls up the gut. 

End of the day though, he had 20 touches, he had a goal line plunge from the 1 that he screwed up and it was close to a great night.  He's gotta learn not to bounce out those goal line runs and Zac Taylor needs to learn his OL gets no push at the goal line and he's gotta get more creative. 

I can't imagine any sane person watching that all 22 and thinking to still play Gio on passing downs. If they unleash Mixon in the passing game like they did in the first half, he will deliver 1st round value.  It's a matter of when now, bc talent usually wins out in the NFL. 

• Thanks 1

I think people who drafted in the 8-12 range are going to be in for a rough year this season, lots of players who fell into that range are struggling and/or injured already, Mixon definitely being a big part of that.

I'd be much more concerned in PPR over standard. He will easily surpass 1,200 rushing yards and hopefully he can fall in the end zone 8 times. If you nailed some of your other early and mid round picks, you should be fine. But Mixon doesn't look like a weekly stud, that's for sure.

Edited by ponchsox

I started with the 8th pick in a ten teamer and selected Mixon with the 12th pick. Kicking myself for passing on Devante Adams and Josh Jacobs.

• Like 1

Man, what a disappointment. I thought he was going to be really good in fantasy and was ready to draft him but he went one pick before I could pull the trigger. I ended up with DeAndre Hopkins. I should send that guy a thank you card

• Like 2

Trying to talk us off the ledge.. Burrow looks great, you have to imagine they get Mixon and him going at the same time at some point. 

You all should drop him. 

Edited by dsrich
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Trying to talk us off the ledge.. Burrow looks great, you have to imagine they get Mixon and him going at the same time at some point. 

I'll help.

He had 86 yards last night.  Extrapolated over 16 games, that's 1376 yards for the year.  That's not bad at all.

The big issue last night is that there was no TD.  If there's a TD, we're all happy.  Also, he looked bad and there's Gio.  But if last night was a bad game, then he should be ok.  He's not the type of player who has consistently great games ever week.  That's reserved for maybe 1-2 players in the league.  He's like everyone else...he will have some blowup games but mostly it will be middling output like last night.  He isn't CMC.

He will be fine.  Expectations here have to be moderated.  He's not going to go for 100 yards and a TD every week.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm going to try and buy low in the leagues I can. He is getting the volume that you want, and the same thing happened last year. He started off terribly, but the 2nd half, he was amazing. It wouldn't be a surprise if the same thing happens this year, as they have a rookie QB who hopefully will progress as games go on, and an oline that really can't get much worse, but has hopes of getting better as they continue to gel. 

Pretty risky, but if someone is willing to sell for .60 cents on the dollar, i'm in.

• Like 1

If he gets 20 touches a game eventually good things will happen. His floor is probably what this past two games have been. 70-80 total yards with no TD.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

If he gets 20 touches a game eventually good things will happen. His floor is probably what this past two games have been. 70-80 total yards with no TD.

You're exactly right and I've calmed down about Mixon. This is why you have a fantasy team and not just a first round pick. The other guys will hopefully pick up the slack until Mixon has a breakout game.

10 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Yeah, he is a very unsexy, but good RB2. If he is your RB1, well godspeed to you. 

8 hours ago, meverett85 said:

Is it possible the coaches know they will not be a playoff team this year and the goal is therefore to do everything they can to help Burrow develop as quickly as possible?

What better way than to have him chuck the ball around all game? And while you're at it, conserve the wear and tear on your stud RB.

Probably silly thinking....but forced to speculate at this point.

No offense intended, but that is silly thinking. When you have an OL as bad as Cincy's, having him throw the ball a ton is a recipe to give your franchise QB a significant injury. 

Ok I cooled off a little bit and looked at the positives. He still got 20 touches including 4 targets, and they even let him run a route over the middle. They've lost 2 games now due to not having a good run/pass balance. Taylor has showed last season that he is willing to change the run blocking scheme to help Mixon. So don't hit the panic button quite yet. We wouldn't even be complaining if he converted that goalline attempt.

26 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Yeah, he is a very unsexy, but good RB2. If he is your RB1, well godspeed to you. 

He was a top 10 RB picked? He has to be an RB1...

I hate when people say this kind of bullshit. Were you even around before the season started??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Im not happy with mixon but at least we saw glimpses of passing work finally. Gio looked pretty bad too and missed a key block resulting in a fumble. If this team is going to be successful, mixon is gonna be a big part of it. Mixons first 3 games are also all against tough defensive lines. He fell to me in the middle of the second and i couldnt pass him up but im really wishing i passed on him and bought low after week 3. I really believe he will start returning rb1 value at some point in the season its now just a matter of keeping our teams afloat until that point. No use trading him now, might as well stay optimistic.