Rotoworld.com Forums

Just now, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Im not happy with mixon but at least we saw glimpses of passing work finally. Gio looked pretty bad too and missed a key block resulting in a fumble. If this team is going to be successful, mixon is gonna be a big part of it. Mixons first 3 games are also all against tough defensive lines. He fell to me in the middle of the second and i couldnt pass him up but im really wishing i passed on him and bought low after week 3. I really believe he will start returning rb1 value at some point in the season its now just a matter of keeping our teams afloat until that point. No use trading him now, might as well stay optimistic. 

Again with this gio lie lol

Bobby Hart the awful right tackle got beat

Gio wasnt responsible for burrow getting strip sacked

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

He was a top 10 RB picked? He has to be an RB1...

I hate when people say this kind of bullshit. Were you even around before the season started??

Exactly. We all fell victim to the ADP rising because of the hype. He is your RB1 unless he fell in the 2nd somehow.

i still believe in Mixon he just looks 100x better then Gio and talent will rise. This staff just needs to see that as well and put him in better positions.

4 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Gio looked pretty bad too and missed a key block resulting in a fumble. 

This is a load of hooey. Gio stepped up into the interior to block a blitzing LB who was free. The RT got beat by Garrett, and it wasn't Gio's fault. Gio did his job. 

• Like 1

Seemed very clear watching the game that Mixon was far more dynamic in all phases. He was consistently ripping 5 years gains (mixed with getting hit well behind the line more than a few times, hence his low YPC). I understand calling Gio a good pass catcher when the alternative is Hill, but Mixon has incredible hands and is a beast in space. I also think Mixon is better in pass pro, I simply don't see any aspect of the game of football wherein Gio rates better.

The biggest issue is that Gio gets the 2 min drills, which doesn't make sense and yet means Mixon won't see the field in the second half of most games. It's not as if he's a better pass catcher or blocker, so maybe Mixon is just not in good enough shape to run the hurry up offense? Sure doesn't seem to be the case, I'm really out on a limb here trying to figure out why. The offense with Burrow and Mixon seemed near effortless while gliding down the field. Burrow+Gio led to a constant 4th and short scenario.

2 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Exactly. We all fell victim to the ADP rising because of the hype. He is your RB1 unless he fell in the 2nd somehow.

i still believe in Mixon he just looks 100x better then Gio and talent will rise. This staff just needs to see that as well and put him in better positions.

How about the third?

1 minute ago, TheDude4bides said:

It's not as if he's a better pass catcher or blocker,

But he is. Stop thinking in fantasy, and think in terms of real life.

i know this is a fantaay forum, but you cant just say that gio isnt a better pass catcher or blocker than mixon when it isnt true. At all

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Im not happy with mixon but at least we saw glimpses of passing work finally. Gio looked pretty bad too and missed a key block resulting in a fumble. If this team is going to be successful, mixon is gonna be a big part of it. Mixons first 3 games are also all against tough defensive lines. He fell to me in the middle of the second and i couldnt pass him up but im really wishing i passed on him and bought low after week 3. I really believe he will start returning rb1 value at some point in the season its now just a matter of keeping our teams afloat until that point. No use trading him now, might as well stay optimistic. 

He also got 20 touches. He will return to form be an RB 1 by seasons end.

Mixon doesnt get signed to that contract just to be used the way he has been so far. Weve already seen massive progression from his first game to his second. If theres someone in your league that likes mixon enough to give you a solid trade then go for it but the offers you get will likely be pretty insulting. Lets keep things in perspective, hes getting volume, burrow will undoubtably get more comfortable and this offense will improve, and these have not been easy matchups. He didnt even have all that bad of a game, he certainly didnt lose your week and these games are likely his floor. 

The real thing to complain about is how much they seem to love Bernard in the hurry up and on most 3rd downs. Mixon isn't Brandon Jacobs, if you are paying a guy 40 million he should be on the field in those moments.

Edited by griffin727
  • Like 1

Look at Mixon’s game log from last season. He did most of his damage in the second half and didn’t even break 100 yds rushing until week 9. Sure it’s frustrating that he hasn’t gone off yet but he’s still an RB1 based on his volume. The good games will come but there will be some rough ones along the way. Not much else we can do at this point.

Ill also say that this kind of start should have been within everyones range of outcomes after the exact thing happened last year. Mixon was a floor play this year, he stays healthy he should finish as a top 12 rb simply because there arent 12 other rbs who will have his consistent volume over the course of the season. Only reason youd trade him now is if you seriously messed up your draft and wont be able to go at least 2 and 3 over the next few weeks with subpar mixon play while this bengals team figures itself out. I owned both chubb and mixon last season and people were freaking out to start the season, but eventually teams get the ball in the hands of their best players

• Like 1

There is literally no reason to sell now. The only way his value decreases from this point is if he gets injured. Say he goes the next 3 weeks and doesnt top 11 ppr points, hes still going to be seeing high volume and thats enough for him to maintain his current value, which is incredibly low at the moment. Hes going to remain a “buy low” target until he stops seeing volume which wont happen without injury. Hold 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, dorwell said:

I don't care about Gaskin. He is an RB dart throw. 

So you traded Mixon and Boyd for Gordon? Hm...I can't get behind that. I'd say I hope it works out for you, but I can't because I own Mixon and Boyd in one league, lol. Tbh, if the Gordon owner came to me offering him for Mix and Boyd, I wouldn't be able to hit the "reject" button quickly enough. And I say that as someone who was very disgusted by what I saw from the Cincy OL. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Chippa said:

But he is. Stop thinking in fantasy, and think in terms of real life.

i know this is a fantaay forum, but you cant just say that gio isnt a better pass catcher or blocker than mixon when it isnt true. At all

Not talking fantasy. I was watching last night. 👀

Objectively, the offense moves with Mixon and it does not with Bernard. Feels like wading through molasses when Gio's in.

Mixon catches 80% of his targets with 8.2 YPC (9.5 YAC/R) while Gio catches 72% of his targets with 6.5-7 YPC (6.5 YAC/R). Mixon is targeted behind the line (on avg 1 yard behind the line) and makes much more happen. Gio is targeted right at the line and makes far less happen.

Now, that said, I did some digging on pass blocking, and Bernard is highly ranked while Mixon is average. I was wrong on that, but felt like Bernard was missing some big blocks yesterday, so maybe that skewed my perception.

EDIT: Found the following... His only value is as a pass blocker... Let's all get over the idea that Gio is better pass catcher, at the very least...

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/giovani-bernard-future-cincinnati-bengals

Edited by TheDude4bides
adding link
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, TheDude4bides said:

Mixon catches 80% of his targets with 8.2 YPC (9.5 YAC/R) while Gio catches 72% of his targets with 6.5-7 YPC (6.5 YAC/R). Mixon is targeted behind the line (on avg 1 yard behind the line) and makes much more happen. Gio is targeted right at the line and makes far less happen.

Route running also has some to do with it.

I know what you're thinking, "How hard is it to run a wheel route"?

there's more to it than that.

But yes, Mixon is the better runningback. Obviously. But Gio is no scrub at all. They're right in utilizing Gio. He's actually one of the better offensive players on that team. Boyd, Mixon, Green, Gio, Burrow.

3 minutes ago, Chippa said:

They're right in utilizing Gio. He's actually one of the better offensive players on that team.

🤪 you lost me with that comment

Edited by TheDude4bides
added back some of the original quote for proper context
  • Like 1
Just now, TheDude4bides said:

🤪 you lost me with that comment

??? Who is better than Gio other than

Boyd, Mixon, Green, Burrow.

You forget how good he was as a change of pace back from 2013-2016

Just now, griffin727 said:

Gio is like... the 6th best offensive player they have. Dude should only be rotated in here and there. That should be his role. The offense is way more dangerous when Mixon is on the field.

I'm gonna sound like a Gio fanboy but

Not counting the QB, Name 6 skill players on that offense better than Gio

Boyd, Green, Mixon....??? what, John Ross?? Tee Higgins?? I'm waiting..

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

??? Who is better than Gio other than

You forget how good he was as a change of pace back from 2013-2016

This is 2020. Eddie Lacy was a pretty good back in 2013 but I'm not sure that really matters today,

• Like 1
Just now, griffin727 said:

This is 2020. Eddie Lacy was a pretty good back in 2013 but I'm not sure that really matters today,

Just now, TheDude4bides said:

I remember he was great back then. That was 4-8 seasons ago... 

he's still good, he was just a victim of atrocious o-line play, and he would sometimes get injured from dalton throwing him checkdowns that the defense had snuffed out from the very beginning. Gio needs a good line. He wont break tackles at the line of scrimmage like Mixon does.

And @griffin727 you still havent answered my question ...

4 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I was clearly exaggerating, but Burrow (he is an offensive player), Mixon, Green, and Boyd are better offensive players. Higgins will be in short order. Ross is still more likely to be a game changer for the Bengals then Bernard, even if he is a complete bust at this point.