Rotoworld.com Forums

19 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

Not talking fantasy. I was watching last night. 👀

Objectively, the offense moves with Mixon and it does not with Bernard. Feels like wading through molasses when Gio's in.

Mixon catches 80% of his targets with 8.2 YPC (9.5 YAC/R) while Gio catches 72% of his targets with 6.5-7 YPC (6.5 YAC/R). Mixon is targeted behind the line (on avg 1 yard behind the line) and makes much more happen. Gio is targeted right at the line and makes far less happen.

Now, that said, I did some digging on pass blocking, and Bernard is highly ranked while Mixon is average. I was wrong on that, but felt like Bernard was missing some big blocks yesterday, so maybe that skewed my perception.

EDIT: Found the following... His only value is as a pass blocker... Let's all get over the idea that Gio is better pass catcher, at the very least...

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/giovani-bernard-future-cincinnati-bengals

Mixon is a solid RB. Solid. However, Gio is better at pass pro and he's better at catching the ball out of the backfield. Gio is a solid compliment. For all of the stats that you presented, lets not forget that Mixon, for his career, has a ypc barely above 4.0. He is a good back that doesn't fumble. He is not Zeke, Kamara, C-Mac, etc.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

Just now, griffin727 said:

I was clearly exaggerating, but Burrow (he is an offensive player), Mixon, Green, and Boyd are better offensive players. Higgins will be in short order. Ross is still more likely to be a game changer for the Bengals then Bernard, even if he is a complete bust at this point.

said not to include him but ok that still makes Gio 4th best player on offense. Higgins isnt even close right now to being one of the best guys on offense. Maybe next season.

Ross? Dont even mention him. You dont watch enough cincy games. The dude is a gigantic joke

gio is a top 5 skill position player on the offense,  and you're gonna use him. 

Get Gio out in space, and he can make things happen. I'm sorry you drafted mixon

Just now, Chippa said:

said not to include him but ok that still makes Gio 4th best player on offense. Higgins isnt even close right now to being one of the best guys on offense. Maybe next season.

Ross? Dont even mention him. You dont watch enough cincy games. The dude is a gigantic joke

Get Gio out in space, and he can make things happen. I'm sorry you drafted mixon

Saying "top 5" doesn't mean anything... he's a distant 5th to those 4... due to lack of talent, Peyton Barber is a "top 5" offensive skill position player for WFT... doesn't mean he's worth a damn... 

2 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

This is the same **** we saw last year. He was drafted early in the hope that the coaching staff would have learned how to better use him. Guess it didn't pay off.

Not much they can do with an offensive line that is that bad. Not good when your goal line touches are going for -5

1 minute ago, TheDude4bides said:

Saying "top 5" doesn't mean anything... he's a distant 5th to those 4... due to lack of talent, Peyton Barber is a "top 5" offensive skill position player for WFT... doesn't mean he's worth a damn... 

not including burrow Gio is 4th best weapon on the offense. And no he's not a distant 4th because Green isnt the same Green from 2013. Gio has his value. I'm really sorry you thought Mixon was gonna ball

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Bernard was terrible last year. He's still a useful player to have on an NFL roster, but he can't hold Mixon's jock strap at this point in his career. Last night Mixon only played 46 snaps with Bernard at 42. That's simply unacceptable coaching.

Bernard was terrible last year. He's still a useful player to have on an NFL roster, but he can't hold Mixon's jock strap at this point in his career. Last night Mixon only played 46 snaps with Bernard at 42. That's simply unacceptable coaching.

Yea, the whole offense was terrible. I already said that Gio needs a good line because he doesnt break tackles at the line of scrimmage.

Cincy is using him correctly. Give him around 5 or 6 targets a game, and use him in passing situations. 

Mixon is the guy who gets all the carries and goaline work, with 2 or 3 catches sprinkled in

8 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Yea, the whole offense was terrible. I already said that Gio needs a good line because he doesnt break tackles at the line of scrimmage.

Cincy is using him correctly. Give him around 5 or 6 targets a game, and use him in passing situations. 

Mixon is the guy who gets all the carries and goaline work, with 2 or 3 catches sprinkled in

Bernard can get his sprinkle of targets a game, Mixon simply needs to be on the field. Otherwise, what the hell is the point of paying the dude 40 million dollars? For quick reference by the way, Mixon was at a 75.3 PFF rating last year, Bernard 51.8.

Edited by griffin727
  • Like 2
On 9/14/2020 at 4:12 PM, KennyWoo said:

This guy has one thing going for him: volume.  It's like the "Old Country Buffet" - the food isn't very good, but there's a lot of it. 

Buckle up for a lot of 21 carries for 72 yards type of lines.  My bet is he ends up around RB12 for the season if he stays healthy but he's never an inspiring pick and ends up on very few championship rosters.

To everyone freaking out today, this post from a week ago is evergreen.  The guy gets a lot of volume and that gives him a floor. You just won't be jazzed about owning him very often. 

• Like 1

Bernard can get his sprinkle of targets a game, Mixon simply needs to be on the field. Otherwise, what the hell is the point of paying the dude 40 million dollars? For quick reference by the way, Mixon was at a 75.4 PFF rating last year, Bernard 51.8.

quit referencing last year lol holy crap. That whole offense was anemic. Mixon wasnt good throughout his first 10 or so games.

and Gio is one of the top 15 highest paid backs in the league. So they are going to use him

1 hour ago, Travis Burten said:

He was a top 10 RB picked? He has to be an RB1...

I hate when people say this kind of bullshit. Were you even around before the season started??

Not everyone plays in 10 team snake league drafts. There's keepers, dynasties, auctions, etc. Go take a lap and cool down.

27 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I don't know how people can call Mixon bust of the year when there is Sanders, Michael Thomas, and James Conner. Mixon will be fine. 

Woof. Is comparing him to injured players the best we have to say about the guy these days?

Conner was a 3rd or 4th round pick in most leagues. The investment isn't close to the same. Still he needs only 15 points this week to match Mixon's season total, and (if he's healthy) he gets to play the Bengals twice more this season (week 10 and 15). To me, they're in the same "bust" tier.

I would deal Mixon for Sanders in a heartbeat. Same goes for MT if I have any RB depth on my squad at all.

Edited by MrCantaloupe
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Mixon yards before contact per attempt:

2018: 2.7

2019: 1.8

2020: 2.6

Mixon yards after contact per attempt:

2018: 2.3

2019: 2.3

2020: 0.7

the 2020 numbers are definitely skewed (we only have had 2 games!)

5 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I have him in a keeper league. I drafted him as a rookie. 

I start him every week hoping for TD's and coaches to come around. 

It's frustrating, but I'll never be the guy that benches him for Train McGoo that's thread has 40 pages and everyone's creating memes while their guy isn't doing much but they are dripping with hope. 

I start him and hope. It's frustrating the beginning of the year. Bengals Coaches are morons and it seems they are very stubborn. But they're professionals and they must realize when he's in the game and used in space they are exceptional on offense in comparison to when Gio is there or they're running him into brick walls up the gut. 

End of the day though, he had 20 touches, he had a goal line plunge from the 1 that he screwed up and it was close to a great night.  He's gotta learn not to bounce out those goal line runs and Zac Taylor needs to learn his OL gets no push at the goal line and he's gotta get more creative. 

I don't play keepers, was a 1st rnd pick and cant wait till 2nd half of season for my 1st rounder to produce.. i drafted him rookie yr as well hes unconsistant tp the max. On another team he'd probably thrive but hes on rge Bengals. It's early and i'm not giving up completely just dissapointing blowing my first rnd pick. 

Edited by NInsko
  • Like 1

What’s ashame is that I’m about to offer my 1st rd pick for a 8th rd pick. This is terrible. Can’t believe I fell for this hype, never again.

Mixon 1.9(9th overall)

for 

Dobbins 8.11(95th overall)

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

What’s ashame is that I’m about to offer my 1st rd pick for a 8th rd pick. This is terrible.

Mixon 1.9(9th overall)

for 

Dobbins 8.11(95th overall)

That's neither advisable nor wise IMHO, but good luck to you.

1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I don't know how people can call Mixon bust of the year when there is Sanders, Michael Thomas, and James Conner. Mixon will be fine. 

Sanders hasn’t even played yet.... this list is hilarious.

Just so you can feel better about Mixon.

Wow.

None of them are bust of the year, including Joe.

It’s been 1 freakin week, chill out. 

• Like 3