Rotoworld.com Forums

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, aapox said:

ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS AND ITS STAGE 3 EVACUATION NOW GO GO GO GO GO GO

😆😝

Hahaha 😛

No but seriously, there’s nowhere to go but up.

The Bengals will figure this out eventually & Mixon’s numbers will improve drastically across the board.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

I may try to buy into MT and get off this train. Can't believe I fell for feature back Mix with Heisman Burrows exploding left right and centre with no preseason.

I was thinking this, as well, honestly. the MT owner asked me about Mixon before week 2... I still think he bounces back though like my guy @RunCMC said.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, n4sa said:

This guy is the ultimate buy low candidate. Anyone saying otherwise is a sucker.

No he's not. I don't own Mixon but if you told me before the season Mixon would get no 3rd down and 2 minute offense work, he would have been a 3rd or 4th rounder. 

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I don't know how people can call Mixon bust of the year when there is Sanders, Michael Thomas, and James Conner. Mixon will be fine. 

Because he's perfectly healthy and still sucks. Those guys are all hurt. They aren't in your lineup giving you a dismal performance

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

No he's not. I don't own Mixon but if you told me before the season Mixon would get no 3rd down and 2 minute offense work, he would have been a 3rd or 4th rounder. 

Like I said weeks ago, Gio isn’t going away.

Reminds me for some reason of the 2010 Rams. Steven Jackson was a 1st round fantasy pick. Sam Bradford gets drafted 1st overall in the NFL draft, comes in and throws 55 passes in a game one loss, including pretty much every play in the redzone. It was infuriating. Eventually Jackson still ended up like RB #14 so it wasn't a total disaster, but it was a constant cringe watching that offense.

Edited by griffin727
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, jpark211 said:

what a nightmare scenario... i guess hes going on the bench if he can't produce in the next two weeks (PHI and JAX)

realistically speaking, what do you guys think are his comps? mid-to-low tier RB2 such as David Johnson, Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley?

He’s a tier below them in my opinion.  

53 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

That is totally correct

I would have happily taken a guy like Jonathan Taylor over Mixon if I knew this was going to happen.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, chargahs said:

He’s fine. If he got into the end zone we wouldn’t be concerned. It’s going to take some time for the offense to get revved up with Burrow.

that being said if he blows up for 30 next week I’m selling high 😂

Yeah we would be.  Even if he got a TD it doesn't change how much of a struggle it is for him to get going because of the line.  Or how often Gio steps in in obvious passing situations.  The line issues could be offset by passing game work in games they're playing catch up, but we're seeing that the upside in that regard is completely capped.

I'm not optimistic things get much better because the line is that miserable, but I can't imagine the coaches don't try to get him more involved at some point.

As for this whole second half Mixon thing, someone explain to me why the hell there is a reset after the season and we have to go back to him being mediocre again from a fantasy perspective?  How do the coaches figure out how to properly utilize him just to have amnesia once the next season begins?  This makes no sense to me why this happens, and I am not hopeful that they keep up the pattern if they are incompetent enough to stop utilizing him again to begin with.

15 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Yeah we would be.  Even if he got a TD it doesn't change how much of a struggle it is for him to get going because of the line.  Or how often Gio steps in in obvious passing situations.  The line issues could be offset by passing game work in games they're playing catch up, but we're seeing that the upside in that regard is completely capped.

I'm not optimistic things get much better because the line is that miserable, but I can't imagine the coaches don't try to get him more involved at some point.

As for this whole second half Mixon thing, someone explain to me why the hell there is a reset after the season and we have to go back to him being mediocre again from a fantasy perspective?  How do the coaches figure out how to properly utilize him just to have amnesia once the next season begins?  This makes no sense to me why this happens, and I am not hopeful that they keep up the pattern if they are incompetent enough to stop utilizing him again to begin with.

IMO - Shiny new toy syndrome + bad manager syndrome.

1st, they got Burrow and Taylor wants to run this hyper passing offense now that he has someone talented enough to do it. 2nd, bad managers manage employees (players) based on their own style. Good managers manage employees (players) based on employee style. Last year, Taylor realized he needed Mixon to be the center of the offense. I mean, he had no real choice. This year, hopefully he realizes that at least for this year, but probably even next, Mixon should be the center of the offense. I'm not confident it will happen. Burrow looks really good, even if unpolished. I'm still confident in Mixon and this offense getting better and the O-Line at least becoming decent. It will not hold up against good D-Lines though. What I don't get is people presuming that Mixon will have a second half like he did last year. I'd love that, but here's no guarantee of that.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, young dude said:

I currently have 1 share of him. Trying to flip Evans in another league for him. I think the arrow points up.

Other than the "it can't get any worse" argument, what makes you think the arrow is pointing up?

In week 3, he gets the Eagles on the road, who gave up only 80 yards rushing on 36 carries in week 1 (2.22 ypc). The Eagles are favored by 7.5 points in this game. Gamescript is likely to be a problem for the Bengals, and Mixon's success is probably TD dependant, no?

After that, he gets the Jaguars. This one may actually be fine. It's probably a pick-em game, and Mixon may have a high volume opportunity if they can pull away early. 50/50 in my mind. Whoop-dee-doo. Even if he succeeds, guess what?

Week 5: Baltimore

Week 6: Indianapolis

Week 7: Cleveland (again)

Week 8: Tennessee

Week 9: Pittsburgh

Other than maybe week 4, at what point am I supposed to feel enthused to own and start this guy?

• Like 1
Just now, aapox said:

@MrCantaloupe you’re 100% right. Better sell or get on the second half rebound wagon. 

Sorry, it’s late and I stooped to ignorant inferencing of your/one’s situation. My b. The arrow points up because the offense is moving the ball. Ideally, as burrow settles in, the line gels, and hopefully AJG stays healthy defenses wont be able to press up as much and make stopping the run the first priority, as I believe it has been the first 2 games. He’s getting touches and opportunity and if they’re getting 300-400 yards of offense he’ll be a big part of it, especially if they wake up and use him in the passing game more.

I am not liable for this arrow. It was already pointing up and I’m just trying to clarify why, whether I really believe it or not. I am also not liable for a trash offensive line, a bad schedule, or unnecessarily heavy backup RB usage. 🙈

And this point i rather have players like David Johnson, chris carson, James Robinson etc 

If the schedule got easier i would be optimistic but this schedule is not RB friendly at all. 
best hope for a blow up game and try to sell fast. 

[...]

maybe we are overreacting since there wasn’t any pre season. Maybe these couple games are like their pre season. 

their TE just went down so maybe some targets start going his way as well. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I inherited a dynasty team with this guy on it. No one will touch him for a decent price.

I long for the days when people would trade me Henry for Mixon and laugh at me. Now I get laughed at for offering mixon and more for Henry.

🤷‍♂️

You don't have Henry on every team? #fakefan