dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

Just now, mjb said:

I haven't seen ANY positives so far unfortunately.

I think within a few weeks Burrow and the offense will find a nice rhythm, that's assuming that AJ Green gets going. Opposing defenses will have to account for his threat and hopefully that provides more running room for Mixon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I love your positivity. I wish I shared it. Lol! That OL is just sooooo bad. Unless something changes with that unit, I don’t have much hope anytime soon...unless they give him a crease and he rips off 40 yards on a carry or something. 

Jumped off this train to get Drake. Not encouraged by the o-line, Taylor's infatuation with Gio & the upcoming schedule.  Good luck guys! 

For a "three down back" that gets benched for Gio in passing downs when the team will be down all season with a bad offensive line. I'd rather have David Johnson

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

Jumped off this train to get Drake. Not encouraged by the o-line, Taylor's infatuation with Gio & the upcoming schedule.  Good luck guys! 

How’d you swing that? I sent Mixon + Boyd to Jacobs owner.  Gonna send Mixon + WR (Boyd, Slayton, or Juedy) and see if I can grab a higher RB.  That’s my plan. 

4 minutes ago, No1Statistican said:

For a "three down back" that gets benched for Gio in passing downs when the team will be down all season with a bad offensive line. I'd rather have David Johnson

Was thinking of offering for DJ straight up as well.  SUCKS. 

I know Mixon is a beast. I wish he would beast.  I don’t want anyone else.  F***** OL 🤬

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

How’d you swing that? I sent Mixon + Boyd to Jacobs owner.  Gonna send Mixon + WR (Boyd, Slayton, or Juedy) and see if I can grab a higher RB.   

Had to make a package deal

Sent- Mixon/Andrews/MJones 

Received- Drake/Engram/JJones. 
If Julio gets over this hammy strain quick I’m in great shape

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Dont know why anyone would ever agree to that. If i could package mixon and andrews for either julio or drake alone id feel like i scammed the guy. Regardless though nows not the time to jump ship for mid/low tier rb2s and wr2s. If ppl will still offer you second round value, jump on it. But right now we have a rb whos getting volume in an offense that should improve, eventually he will have a decent game and then youll have an easier time selling. 

• Thanks 1

I finally got off this train

Sent Mixon and Henderson for CEH

i literally have all rookie RBs now and honestly I feel great about it 

CEH, Taylor, Akers, Robinson, Swift 

55 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

That’s a great deal. 
RB upgrade, WR upgrade.  Julio will be fine.  He’s always fine. TE position so deep too.  
👍👍👍👍

17 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Dont know why anyone would ever agree to that. If i could package mixon and andrews for either julio or drake alone id feel like i scammed the guy. Regardless though nows not the time to jump ship for mid/low tier rb2s and wr2s. If ppl will still offer you second round value, jump on it. But right now we have a rb whos getting volume in an offense that should improve, eventually he will have a decent game and then youll have an easier time selling. 

Come on now. Drake and Julio are just as iffy, if not more iffy than Mixon. There's no way you'd feel like you "scammed" a guy for flipping Mixon and Andrews into Julio or Drake.

Last year Mixon started off slow, and picked up it second half of the season. Fully within the realm of possibilities that starts happening again. Plus he's one stuffed goal line carry away from putting up 19 PPR points last week. This guy is great at ripping off chunk runs, and he will start doing that sooner or later. What's more concerning is his schedule.

6 minutes ago, dewaser said:

Come on now. Drake and Julio are just as iffy, if not more iffy than Mixon. There's no way you'd feel like you "scammed" a guy for flipping Mixon and Andrews into Julio or Drake.

Last year Mixon started off slow, and picked up it second half of the season. Fully within the realm of possibilities that starts happening again. Plus he's one stuffed goal line carry away from putting up 19 PPR points last week. This guy is great at ripping off chunk runs, and he will start doing that sooner or later. What's more concerning is his schedule.

As I mixon owner, i want to be optimistic and to an extent I am. But we cant get delusional here, drake and julio have a much more realistic path to success this season than mixon and I think youd find it hard to flip mixon for either of them in most leagues. Even if mixon gets that TD, hes not being used when the teams down and hes severely limited by his offensive line. These are massive concerns that cant be overlooked. I still say theres no use in trading him now because he can only go up from here but if someone offered drake or julio id jump on it. 

8 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

As I mixon owner, i want to be optimistic and to an extent I am. But we cant get delusional here, drake and julio have a much more realistic path to success this season than mixon and I think youd find it hard to flip mixon for either of them in most leagues. Even if mixon gets that TD, hes not being used when the teams down and hes severely limited by his offensive line. These are massive concerns that cant be overlooked. I still say theres no use in trading him now because he can only go up from here but if someone offered drake or julio id jump on it. 

Sure, value is primarily subjective so if you think Drake or Julio are more valuable ROS than go ahead and make that deal. But let's keep in mind, it's week two, and this game is more of a marathon than a sprint. Can't tell you how many times I've burned myself panicking and thinking it's all doom and gloom with some of my players and trading them, only to have it backfire. Yes, the Bengals line sucks; yes, Mixon has a tough schedule; yes, the Bernard usage last game was annoying. Through all of this, Mixon has the talent, and the workload, to finish the season as a RB1 - and I think he will.

• Like 2

damn how far this guy's value has fallen.

was offered tyreek hill and cooper kupp for mixon. now i can't even flip this guy in a 2 (mixon & chark) for 1 to the same owner. 

i still believe in him. his schedule however is super brutal. hopefully he can turn it around during stretch run/playoffs if his schedule gets easier. hoping the offense gels after playing few games together due to no preseason. hard for the o-line to get better but at least the organization has to realize not only do they have to protect mixon, they REALLY have to protect their future in burrow. and that's the only brightside i see. other than that, they really need to make him a 3 down back and make bernard a change of pace/mixon a breather back. wtf.

did mixon miss any training camp? and do you think that may play into why he's not gettings as many 3 downs as last year?

Edited by brosephd

2 hours ago, dewaser said:

Last sentence = the point (one of them)

Maybe some of us can’t wait 5/6 weeks for him to hit his stride.  Maybe we did that last year, and drafted him this year thinking that BS was behind him/The Bengals Staff.  Maybe we’d like to get some value out of him now in case he underperforms for the next two weeks as well, which will then mean he will have 0 value next month. 

Id love to keep him but there are plenty of red flags already, and waiting until mid-Oct for him to show up could be too late 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Cleanface

8 hours ago, dewaser said:

Best D last year couldn't keep him down. Not THAT scared by the schedule. Rookie QB is finding his footing, and looks very solid thus far. Once defenses start respecting the pass game, things will open up. I'm optimistic given Burrow's 4 tosses to him in the early going. That wasn't garbage time targeting. His arrow is battered at the moment, but it's pointing back UP.

I don't dislike the Mixon+Boyd for Jacobs trade at all. Jacobs looks like he'll be catching passes this year, which means the sky is the limit. Only thing I'd be scared of there is injury, but he's shown he is willing to play through some pretty serious pain, so who knows. Might attempt that myself. That doesn't necessarily feel like too much of a sell low.

Mixon didn’t even hit 100 yds rushing until week 9 of last season. He then went on to tear it up in the second half. The touches and volume are there and will continue to be, if thr Bengals are smart they should increase his touches.

If you wanted him to be a steady top 5 option then hate to say it but you played yourself. You should have had the opportunity to get him and another solid RB like Chubb, Drake, Jones, Conner etc if you went RB heavy early. In the mean time there’s nothing else you can do besides be patient. Great buy low opportunity too.

Edited by mikepferrara

48 minutes ago, Maxta_p said:

Just traded Fournette for him. Im pretty stoked

Don't you feel bad ripping off your 9 year old brother in a trade like this? 🤐

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, KingUles said:

Don't you feel bad ripping off your 9 year old brother in a trade like this? 🤐

Is it tho 🤔 mixon value is pretty low rn and outlook doesn’t look too good. Fournette outlooks looks a lot better now 

42 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Is it tho 🤔 mixon value is pretty low rn and outlook doesn’t look too good. Fournette outlooks looks a lot better now 

That is the bias problem here. You can say all day long you wont trade him for player x or z but if you want out of this CIN offense with Mixon, you need to deal with the offers you're getting and I can tell you, the value for him is pretty low on non-Mixon owners.

1 minute ago, dorwell said:

That is the bias problem here. You can say all day long you wont trade him for player x or z but if you want out of this CIN offense with Mixon, you need to deal with the offers you're getting and I can tell you, the value for him is pretty low on non-Mixon owners.

You probably shouldn't be trading a distressed asset anyways. The best play here is patience IMO.

17 minutes ago, smeeze said:

You probably shouldn't be trading a distressed asset anyways. The best play here is patience IMO.

I had patience last year with this guy. Did absolutely nothing for me until I was out of contention and no one would trade for him.

Just traded him for Lockett hopefully he turns it around for you guys now that he's not on my team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

See above. Having patience is on option but looking at last season you can be pretty much behind, when your first runner is performing way below average. If you want go for a different direction, his value is currently pretty low. 

24 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

3rd Grade Teacher's League.

not even, there are plenty of disgruntled mixon owners that are looking to bail on him. Make an offer in your league if you don't already have him.

He's due for a TD today. Burrow can't possibly throw 60+ times again r-right?

• Like 1