dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

Mixon is the one glaring whole on my roster now, which is ironic because he was my 1st round pick. The big issue is that you can't get any value in a trade and he stuill gets 17-20 touches a week. You don't find that often. I think we just sit on it. What RB's would you straight up try and get? Kareem Hunt range?

1 minute ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Mixon is the one glaring whole on my roster now, which is ironic because he was my 1st round pick. The big issue is that you can't get any value in a trade and he stuill gets 17-20 touches a week. You don't find that often. I think we just sit on it. What RB's would you straight up try and get? Kareem Hunt range?

Im trying to see if I can do a 1:1 trade for guys like Kenyan Drake.

3 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Im trying to see if I can do a 1:1 trade for guys like Kenyan Drake.

If they are a smart owner, they wouldn't do that 

With exception for a lone touchdown reception, he was way worse than this last year through 3 games.  It's certainly possible that the Bengals never improve and he's stuck in the toilet all year, but it's also possible he's the type of guy who just turns it on in the second half.  Guess we'll see.

10 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

With exception for a lone touchdown reception, he was way worse than this last year through 3 games.  It's certainly possible that the Bengals never improve and he's stuck in the toilet all year, but it's also possible he's the type of guy who just turns it on in the second half.  Guess we'll see.

Unfortunately it's not a matter of him turning it on. It's his low college tier offensive line we need to worry about. 

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Unfortunately it's not a matter of him turning it on. It's his low college tier offensive line we need to worry about. 

Yeah they were terrible last year too.

At least Burrow gives them some semblance of a passing threat at some point, unlike Ryan Finley.  I'm just saying, it's been worse for Joe.

Unfortunately, I don't see them moving away from Zac Taylor this season so we're stuck with him.

They are thinking they have this shiny new toy in Burrow so they are fine with going into shotgun and letting him sling it but it's clearly not working.  0-2-1 and you can see the frustration the entire offense has.  You would think something will change and you go back to basics aka leaning on Mixon more.

I'm not optimistic but I'm not also going to sell low either.  I can't get worse to be honest (unless injury) so I'm holding hoping for better days.

Watch his runs, it looks to me that Cincy is telegraphing half of them and Burrow just can’t make the D pay for it or change around his snap counts to keep the D on their heels. Almost every single run there’s LBs and DBs already coming toward the LOS with their momentum going forward and Burrow snaps it as they’re moving, resulting in an easy blowup at or behind the LOS. Seems like something that can be fixed, but man, things are not looking good if teams know they can just overwhelm this line at the point of attack.

The one bright spot is that he got 75% of snap share and Philly is always strong against the run. Hopefully that trend continues, JAX can be run on. 

Edited by Olliemets

6 hours ago, mikepferrara said:

We can pour the blame on Mixon all day long, but the play calls for him have been absolutely garbage by Cincinnati. They’re really not giving him a chance to do anything between the tackles because they’re just giving him stupid toss plays and outside runs. We say the o-line is bad but at the start of that Cleveland game last week he was picking up nice chunk yards up the middle on the ground until a holding call that called back a run of 14 yards or so. Ever since that play it’s like they refuse to try and run north to south. Which I find weird cause he is supposed to be one of the best backs after contact. 

i think it’s the opposite. I think they don’t run to the outside or toss nearly enough. 80% of their runs are shotgun draws that NEVER work

• Like 1

Yea the run plays are telegraphed. It's a ******** mess. I'd just sit him until (hopefully) things come around and he's a play again. I want to be angry at myself, but honestly it's hard to fault anyone that it is worse this year than the previous two. New QB, just got contract, offense with more weapons to move the ball.... it should be better. Even the offensive line, they did get back that tackle that was out last year.  

2 hours ago, affliction said:

A lot of people have James Robinson who was a free add depending on when you drafted. Jrob is a no question play over Mixon. A lot of people also went heavy running back so have at least 3 quality backs so they can bench him and throw a wideout in the flex. Some are in keepers and can trade picks so may have abnormal depth. Many variations are out there where Mixon can be benched until signs of life. 

Yeah JRob is one example of a breakout player, and I agree. But how many of those are out there. 

I much rather always flex an RB, that's just me, especially in standard. 

But ehh I digress.

Mixon has a tough road to climb back to fantasy relevance, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

What is frustrating/promising is in game 2 there was a moment (I think the 2nd quarter) when Mixon was being heavily leaned on in the passing game.....the Bengals were marching down field. He kept running dig routes about 5-8 yards up field and then would break a tackle.

It seems like they have abandoned that strategy for some reason....or maybe the Defense is eliminating it???

Anyways, there is a sign of life if they just get back to the basics.

This is a perfect buy-low, isn’t it? Usage is still there and a precedent to turn it around in the back half. I’d argue he’s the biggest true buy-low in the game right now. It’s him or Drake, but Drake has the benefit of playing in a better offense and would just cost more by default. You could also make a case for guys coming off injury like Michael Thomas or Kittle, but chances are if owners are holding them through this, they’re gonna want to see them in action before unloading them for cheap. 

18 minutes ago, varock said:

This is a perfect buy-low, isn’t it? Usage is still there and a precedent to turn it around in the back half. I’d argue he’s the biggest true buy-low in the game right now. It’s him or Drake, but Drake has the benefit of playing in a better offense and would just cost more by default. You could also make a case for guys coming off injury like Michael Thomas or Kittle, but chances are if owners are holding them through this, they’re gonna want to see them in action before unloading them for cheap. 

He has a terrible rest of season schedule.  Who do you trade to get Joe Mixon?

Edited by ccimore

17 minutes ago, varock said:

Yes and no. His O-line isn't getting any better so I'd anticipate much of the same offense until that issue is fixed. Meaning Mixon will continue to be a terrible 1st or 2nd pick lol

This guys is now purely a matchup based flex and a bye week fill in 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, varock said:

As a Mixon owner, I can state that i'm definitely entertaining any and all offers but have yet to receive any after three weeks lol

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spd2base said:

Yes and no. His O-line isn't getting any better so I'd anticipate much of the same offense until that issue is fixed. Meaning Mixon will continue to be a terrible 1st or 2nd pick lol

Did his O-line improve last year during the back half? Genuinely curious because I didn’t own him anywhere. What was the catalyst in turning his season around? 

1 minute ago, varock said:

Did his O-line improve last year during the back half? Genuinely curious because I didn’t own him anywhere. What was the catalyst in turning his season around? 

I traded him away last year after week 8.  His turnaround was vengeance.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, varock said:

His entire career has been "low" so there is no "buy low". 

1 hour ago, c_dilip said:

I don't value him this poorly, but I do value him as a mid to low RB2 solely based on volume and is touchdown dependent at this point. He's been the pick I regret the most by far. His offensive line is garbage, he gets taken out on passing downs (which there will be a lot of because the Bengals defense is garbage), they have a rookie QB who had no preseason, and he plays in a division with tough run defenses (CLE, BAL, PIT.) 

Yes, he will have some big games but at this point I am just over watching him and this Bengals run game. I had to trade him away while people still think he's a low-end RB1/high-end RB2.

Edited by lbjames6

11 hours ago, c_dilip said:

Speaking of “matchup based flex”, I may give him one last shot in FLEX this wknd vs (#23) JAX.  Would start over McLaurin going up against #2 BAL. 

Might be the best chance he has (for a while) to right the ship. 

• Like 1

if the o-line can't get better, at least hoping they adapt work on something else. be creative with your plays, use mixon as a 3 down back that you pay him to be. get him in open space and let him create. smh. could only imagine our teams if we had someone who was able to have a safe floor of 10 at the price we got him at. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 10:54 AM, ccimore said:

He has a terrible rest of season schedule.  Who do you trade to get Joe Mixon?

Why do people keep saying his end of year schedule is terrible. The only games that scare me after the bye is Pitt week 10 and week 15. Week 11-14 are fine matchups and he plays the Texans week 16. 

Edited by StevenSC400

Dude plays Jacksonville next and even I am scared to put him in my lineup. I’m pretty sure he’s a DND until the Bengals fix the o-line. I seriously thought he’d be more involved in the passing game. He’s just wasting a roster spot now.