dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Gaskin is way better than Mixon

Better utilized? Sure. Better RB? I can’t get behind that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Gaskin is way better than Mixon

Hot take! You mean situation wise or talent wise?

3 hours ago, sunz0r said:

You would think that everyone would learn. This guy has been producing these kind of numbers for a few straight seasons now. He’s either really underwhelming or injured. By now, he should be on everyone’s do not draft list.

I mean... 1400+ scrimm yards back to back years and the offense got a much better QB and two receivers. Probably slept too much on the OLine hence the 10,000 posts but still.. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get up to 1200+ this year even with this start. And 1400 wouldn't shock me considering last year and how much things change week to week in the NFL. Talent rises.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cleanface said:

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing. 

If he were on any other team where could bellcow and ball he would be top 3 drafted every year like Zeke.  Strength, power, catching, he’s got it all.  

Gaskins 🤣

All is Mixon owners are wondering why he isn’t performing like the end of last year.  That’s what we expected, in fact, that’s what was talked about BY CINCY in preseason.  Seems like the coaches have gone back to early season 2019 mentality.  Not using him for dump offs, not using him for short passes in space, and bringing in Gio B for 3rd downs, hurry up, etc. Not using him the way they were to end the season. It makes no sense.  NONE.  And they just paid him!  Paid him to sideline while Gio freaking Bernard gets good touches.  

Someone posted a vid comparing Gio runs to Mixon from the Browns game and it was hilariously night and day.  That drive that someone else mentioned where Mixon was catching, and plowing over guys, and getting chunks, was beautiful.  He was just mashing the D and taking over.  Resulted in a TD > and they never attempted another drive like that. That’s game, or since  👏 Makes 👏 No 👏 Sense 

Couldn’t have said it any better. It’s typical, a inept organization, paid this man to be their future and feature! Then in-game situations, they trot out Gio and pull the guy they just handed money too. Everybody on twitter and watching the game can see Mixon is light years ahead of Bernard. It really hurts my head.

Also Seeing Mixon get this extension before my drafts really gave me confidence to draft him whenever I could, but this is just crazy. I have my fair shares of Mixon so I am bias, but as a football fan it makes you wonder. 

• Like 4

It really is puzzling.  Especially when you have a bad OL and a rookie QB who is the future of your team.  You would think they would feature a star RB more to also take the pressure off Burrow.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kilo said:

It really is puzzling.  Especially when you have a bad OL and a rookie QB who is the future of your team.  You would think they would feature a star RB more to also take the pressure off Burrow.

Maybe someone will wake up this week and realize they probably shouldn't let Burrow get sacked 8 times and they'll work harder to #EstablishTheRun

• Like 2

I remember seeing a stat that said Mixon has one of the highest yards after contact in the league.

the problem is that the contact is being made behind the LOS because cincy didnt want to put any big money into the worst o-line in the league last year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, aapox said:

Maybe someone will wake up this week and realize they probably shouldn't let Burrow get sacked 8 times and they'll work harder to #EstablishTheRun

He’s gonna get killed and his career shortened.  Saw it with my Colts and Andrew Luck.  By the time they fixed it it was too late. Damage done. 

• Like 1

you have to assume the more they lose the more they let mixon loose right? anyway we can start pressuring the coaching staff via media or something lol.

• Like 1

He’s going to get better. Will he live up to where he was drafted? Probably not. He’s going to have some big games with stinkers mixed in.

I've watched every game Bengals game.  Worst Offensive line I have ever had to witness.  Every play within seconds someone is in the backfield.  The offensive line is so bad now Burrow is in shotgun basically from start to finish.  It can be 1st and goal from the one and even the coaches are even scared to run the ball.  Mixon isn't as efficient having to take handoffs in all these shotgun sets. On the Flip side, I may be in denial.   Mixon is still getting around 18 carries a game. Keep telling myself things are going to turn around.  The line will get better chemistry as time goes on.   Helllllooooo!  It's week 4.   It can't get any worse though.  That's the best part.  But I think we have hit Bottom as far as points per game go.  If I didn't own him.  He would be my #1 Buy low target.  When people panic. I buy...How the stock market works.  No different here. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Joe Mixon hasn’t done much to merit his high ADP this season, but the volume has been there. He’s off to a very familiar start, with only 27 points through three games again and no touchdowns in 2020. However, he’s had at least 19 touches in every game thus far, putting him on pace for 315 total. The touchdowns will come and he will continue to get stronger as the season goes; last season, he averaged 27 touches a game during the last four games, with 5 touchdowns in the last eight games. Owners won’t be willing to part with Mixon for just anything, but send an offer and try to find a middle ground. If you need an RB1 for the price of an RB2, then ok no further than Mixon.

This is something i found  while looking for positive Mixon news. Hope he's right.

Edited by NInsko
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I was going to replace him with JRob1inson, then he ended up replacing Saquon...now I am thinking of playing Henderson over Mixon this week.

Hendo is gona mash this week.... 

• Like 2

His lack of use in the passing game, is the most mystifying of Mixon's issues.  The only thing Gio has on JM, is that he's shorter.  I know that's not really a benefit, but was all I could come up with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Goatstain3 said:

His lack of use in the passing game, is the most mystifying of Mixon's issues.  The only thing Gio has on JM, is that he's shorter.  I know that's not really a benefit, but was all I could come up with.

Exactly, his lack of use in the passing game is the concern. We all know how bad Cincy's O-line is, but then not involving him in the passing game is mind-boggling. In PPR that's the frustration. He's not even getting that part of the offense, regardless of his lack of rushing yardage. Burrow is being hurried, yet Mixon is not getting the ball. It's just all kinds of weird.

• Like 2

Can't bench him this week but I'm further demoting him from the RB2 to the Flex spot to light a fire under his a** (even though the lack of production isn't his fault). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This just reminds me of the year mike McCarthy didn’t want to give Aaron jones the ball. 

#freejoemixon 

It’s sad they have invested so little into the O line and play calling is so trash 

It's almost like you have to sit him for the first 4-5 games of the season then start him when they realize "oh yeah, we have one of the top RBs in the league. We should use him"

• Like 1