dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

The all time career fantasy bust season after season.  Never had him and rightfully so, i could never wrap my head around his constant high adp each year.  I know this adds nothing to the convo, but this is just my take

He was an RB1 last year, and RB4 overall after their bye. When it clicks with him, it clicks. The issue is getting to that point.

If he has a good game I'd sell him. His schedule is brutal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course this happens, dropped Gio this week too.  Really hope it is one of those precaution tags and he can play.

13 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

Not understanding your logic here. This happens every year. Player A is over hyped and his ADP rises crazy.. some pan out and some don’t. So far him and Drake are bust. Doesn’t mean where we took him weren’t worth the risk.. that’s why you play the game! 

You might not understand my logic and I understand hindsight is 20/20. But Mixon has years under his belt and has shown little to justify being a first round pick. He's playing in a crappy offense, behind a crappy offensive line, and with awful coaching. 

• Haha 3

Fred Johnson and Bobby Hart should not be starting for any NFL team. The OL coach is clueless and thinks they have talent on the roster. They need Filo back. 

They let Zeitler and Whitworth walk and it’s been downhill ever since. 

16 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

You might not understand my logic and I understand hindsight is 20/20. But Mixon has years under his belt and has shown little to justify being a first round pick. He's playing in a crappy offense, behind a crappy offensive line, and with awful coaching. 

Please peep his game logs from the end of last year. He was looking great. Then Burrow, the offensive line somehow got worse, coaching staff reverted to garbage. They paid him millions to apparently not contribute. 

All things were pointing up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Please peep his game logs from the end of last year. He was looking great. Then Burrow, the offensive line somehow got worse, coaching staff reverted to garbage. They paid him millions to apparently not contribute. 

All things were pointing up. 

I understand and am familiar with his log. He might even turn it around. But up over Chubb? Aaron Jones? I just think his preseason ranking was heavily inflated. I feel the same way about Drake.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

I understand and am familiar with his log. He might even turn it around. But up over Chubb? Aaron Jones? I just think his preseason ranking was heavily inflated. I feel the same way about Drake.

The reason I took Mixon over say Jones and Chubb is that they both share the backfield, and reports were mixon was gonna bellcow and ball for a coaching staff that learned from last year, and were going to showcase their strength & talent (Mixon) while Burrows gets comfy. 

Like was said, he was RB4 in the league after bye last season, and finished a clear RB1  

I’ll always choose a clear #1 over a split backfield.  If things don’t pan out - that’s  FFF 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Cleanface

3 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

The reason I took Mixon over say Jones and Chubb is that they both share the backfield, and reports were mixon was gonna bellcow and ball for a coaching staff that learned from last year, and were going to showcase their strength & talent (Mixon) while Burrows gets comfy. 

I’ll always choose a clear #1 over a split backfield.  If things don’t pan out - that’s  FFF 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's a matter of opinion and I get it, just don't agree. Even with Chubb sharing a backfield, he was solid. Aaron Jones was on fire at the end of the year. All good, clearly in the minority, moving on to the next.

3 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

It's a matter of opinion and I get it, just don't agree. Even with Chubb sharing a backfield, he was solid. Aaron Jones was on fire at the end of the year. All good, clearly in the minority, moving on to the next.

Chubb and Jones both had weeks last year where they lost you weeks. I had both of them. You never knew if you were going to get 4 points or 20 points. It’s was quite frustrating and it may not have happened yet this year but it’s coming. It’s not sustainable to share a backfield and produce points on a consistent basis. 

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

Chubb and Jones both had weeks last year where they lost you weeks. I had both of them. You never knew if you were going to get 4 points or 20 points. It’s was quite frustrating and it may not have happened yet this year but it’s coming. It’s not sustainable to share a backfield and produce points on a consistent basis

Jones was an absolute beast during the fantasy playoffs. Mixon probably lost his owners playoff spots going by that logic since we was so awful in the beginning.

Mixon fooled a lot of people. I thought he had easy top 5 potential based on end of last year and a new(hopefully better) QB. Hindsight is 20/20 but the season also ain’t over yet 

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Mixon fooled a lot of people. I thought he had easy top 5 potential based on end of last year and a new(hopefully better) QB. Hindsight is 20/20 but the season also ain’t over yet 

Agreed. This will be a year of attrition. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

Jones was an absolute beast during the fantasy playoffs. Mixon probably lost his owners playoff spots going by that logic since we was so awful in the beginning.

Chubb wasn’t a beast and almost lost me the championship. Jones had 5 games last year in standard scoring less than 5 points. That’s 33% of the season. I’m not here to argue about who was the better pick. Right now it’s obvious. But I personally stayed away from jones and Chubb for those reasons. You guys got to remember it’s a loooong season. It’s not over till it’s over. 

Edited by StevenSC400

31 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Chubb wasn’t a beast and almost lost me the championship. Jones had 5 games last year in standard scoring less than 5 points. That’s 33% of the season. I’m not here to argue about who was the better pick. Right now it’s obvious. But I personally stayed away from jones and Chubb for those reasons. You guys got to remember it’s a loooong season. It’s not over till it’s over. 

Can't argue there, it's easy to talk smack when the results have shown themselves. Good luck!

[The Mixon thread is now unlocked.  Have fun, fellas, but let's stay on topic with discussion of player performance and outlook.]

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Was tempted to sit Mixon, but this was his do or die week and he surprisenly came

through.

Edited by Flint55