Rotoworld.com Forums

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

Gio Bernard is a super solid 2nd back, a very good pass catching back and he's finished in the top 5 in pass pro multiple times in his career. He's a really good player and coming into Week 6 he had touched the ball 17 times. I absolutely can not understand the issues with Joe Mixon's usage. He just had 30 touches in back to back weeks. He had 315 touches last season. Honesty Gio Bernard deserves a lot more playing time then he gets. Joe Mixon's role and usage is very bankable.

10 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Gio Bernard is a super solid 2nd back, a very good pass catching back and he's finished in the top 5 in pass pro multiple times in his career. He's a really good player and coming into Week 6 he had touched the ball 17 times. I absolutely can not understand the issues with Joe Mixon's usage. He just had 30 touches in back to back weeks. He had 315 touches last season. Honesty Gio Bernard deserves a lot more playing time then he gets. Joe Mixon's role and usage is very bankable.

I disagree that Gio deserves a lot more playing time. When I see him with the ball, he doesn’t break tackles. He runs soft, and I’m not so sure he even deserves to be a primary backup in the NFL. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I disagree that Gio deserves a lot more playing time. When I see him with the ball, he doesn’t break tackles. He runs soft, and I’m not so sure he even deserves to be a primary backup in the NFL. 

Every time he's had to take over a lead role when Mixon has been injured he's been very good. He was decent when he was a lead back. He is a scat back though, not a guy who can necessarily handle the load. He's a very good COP back, not sure what you are seeing. It doesn't matter anyway though, because contrary to what Mixon owners believe he barely touches the ball lol.

• Like 1

This is pure speculation at this point but the Bengals protected RB Jacques Patrick which they have not done this season.  Worth noting, could be something or nothing.

Edited by ludawg23
36 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

This is pure speculation at this point but the Bengals protected RB Jacques Patrick which they have not done this season.  Worth noting, could be something or nothing.

Yup I was coming here to say this. Not a huge deal, but maybe not the best of signs. We shall see. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

This is pure speculation at this point but the Bengals protected RB Jacques Patrick who they have not done this season.  Worth noting, could be something or nothing.

Yep, this is all I could find from any Bengals beat on the situation:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I think everyone is aware that mixon hurt his foot and finished the game by now lol. 

Yes, the important bit is that the Bengals protected a practice squad RB... We're trying to read the tea leaves here because it appears the Bengals' beat writers (keeping in line with the rest of the organization) aren't doing their jobs very well

• Like 1

Best I can find is they did an MRI on Monday. Still waiting on results: 1318631160696766465?s=20https://twitter.com/notJDaigle/status/1318631160696766465?s=20

The Bengals have CLE and then TEN and then a bye. I'm hoping worst case scenario is he misses a couple weeks before the bye and heals up. I don't have the bench space to hold Gio at the moment without knowing more. 

1318631160696766465?s=20

Edited by Macgregor
  • Like 1