Rotoworld.com Forums

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

1 hour ago, chargahs said:

Mixon finished the game why are we panicking 

Panicking?

He sprained his ankle, got an MRI Monday, it's Wednesday afternoon and we still haven't heard a single update on him, and the Benglas just protected their practice squad RB for the first time all season...

It's not panicking, it's called due diligence.

• Like 4

Didn't Mixon just have a ding and basically didn't practice all week, then played, and went nuts?

Feel like we've seen this movie before and it was all good. Seems like he may be one of those guys who can not practice but then play.

5 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Didn't Mixon just have a ding and basically didn't practice all week, then played, and went nuts?

Feel like we've seen this movie before and it was all good. Seems like he may be one of those guys who can not practice but then play.

The week vs the Jags.  He practiced in full all week and then got downgraded Saturday.  He balled out and then went to the hospital after.  Who knows, maybe he likes being super dramatic lol.

9 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

Wednesday is usually first day of scheduled practice... no need to panic probably just a day of rest would be much worse if he practiced today and then went no practice.  

9 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

It's wednesday...I suppose picking up Gio is a good move but why do Joe Mixon owners react x1000 to everything that happens with him lol

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Skipping Wednesday practice for a vet is pretty much a given.

It's not the skipping of practice that concerns me - vets getting Wednesday practice is very common.

But the fact that there is zero report/update of his apparent foot injury could go either way.  Apparently had an MRI on Monday and still no results.

From years of playing this game, you prepare for the worst and just be glad when it's not serious.

Edited by ludawg23
  • Like 4
15 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

But the fact that there is zero report/update of his apparent foot injury could go either way.  Apparently had an MRI on Monday and still no results.

From years of playing this game, you prepare for the worst and just be glad when it's not serious.

He did go back into the game with Adrenalin flowing, but the next day I’m sure he had some soreness. Wednesdays off for players at his position isn’t uncommon. But it’s kinda strange that they haven’t commented on the MRI yet. Makes me wonder if they didn’t like the 1st diagnosis & going for a 2nd opinion? Not a Mixon owner (anymore) so just offering my $0.02 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

The exact quote from Zac Taylor was “No update yet, but I’ll get you that update when I’m 100% sure of what’s going on”

That makes me a bit more nervous. Seems like it could be a second opinion situation. 

Edited by Proto24
  • Like 1

It could be nothing but there are several things that are little concerning to me. First the Bengals protect a rb on their practice squad which could be nothing on it's own but that coupled with the fact that today Zac Taylor says Mixon is not expected to practice today and still hasn't giving any indication on what exactly the injury is has me concerned.

If I was a Mixon owner I would grab gio ASAP just in case.

Edited by panthersfan75
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

The exact quote from Zac Taylor was “No update yet, but I’ll get you that update when I’m 100% sure of what’s going on”

That makes me a bit more nervous. Seems like it could be a second opinion situation. 

Since Mixon finished the game, starting to think it’s something small enough to be misdiagnosed so they’re double-checking. Maybe they’re trying to see if it’s something that can’t get worse by playing, then it’s a pain tolerance issue? 

16 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Since Mixon finished the game, starting to think it’s something small enough to be misdiagnosed so they’re double-checking. Maybe they’re trying to see if it’s something that can’t get worse by playing, then it’s a pain tolerance issue? 

The fact that he finished the game makes me think that it likely isn't anything more than a mild sprain but we'll see what news comes out in the coming days.