dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

24 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

It could be nothing but there are several things that are little concerning to me. First the Bengals protect a rb on their practice squad which could be nothing on it's own but that coupled with the fact that today Zac Taylor says Mixon is not expected to practice today and still hasn't giving any indication on what exactly the injury is has me concerned.

If I was a Mixon owner I would grab gio ASAP just in case.

This feels like Lisfranc to me - protecting back up rb + not giving information about the severity of the injury, but the fact that he finished the game suggests it isn't severe

18 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Since Mixon finished the game, starting to think it’s something small enough to be misdiagnosed so they’re double-checking. Maybe they’re trying to see if it’s something that can’t get worse by playing, then it’s a pain tolerance issue? 

Does anyone have the snap count for what returned + finished the game means? Only way this is a pain tolerance thing is if its something like plantar fasciitis 

16 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

ME all week:

Wednesday - Damn he might have turf toe

Thursday - FML, pretty sure it is lisfranc

Friday - Back at practice, we gucci

Most likely scenario

Someone made a good point, if it’s a serious injury he’d be inside rehabbing it. Not standing on the sideline watching practice. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Does anyone have the snap count for what returned + finished the game means? Only way this is a pain tolerance thing is if its something like plantar fasciitis 

I looked on the Week 6 Injury Thread & the time stamp of the tweet announcing he was Q to return should’ve been somewhere late 1st half. If I remember correctly he had about 9 carries at that point & he ended with 18

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

Someone made a good point, if it’s a serious injury he’d be inside rehabbing it. Not standing on the sideline watching practice. 

Also, if he was wearing a boot, sitting in a wheelchair or missing a foot the beat writer's probably would have mentioned it, as they mentioned he was wearing a hoodie.

I’m not positive, but if it was lisfranc I don’t believe he would be standing on it.

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

Also, if he was wearing a boot, sitting in a wheelchair or missing a foot the beat writer's probably would have mentioned it, as they mentioned he was wearing a hoodie.

I think the fact that he isn't wearing a boot is a good sign.  I'm thinking he's 50/50 to suit up for this week and that it's likely just a sprain or a similar mild foot injury.  If it was something more serious, I think we would have heard about it by now.

• Haha 1

My speculation because I'm a loser with time to do nothing else but speculate on my fantasy players:

1) He was really injured on Sunday vs the Colts and they still sent him back out there.  Now the Bengals, specially Zac Taylor, are covering their tails but delaying this and they will eventually announce multi-week injury

2) Some ex-beat writer on twitter wrote that if it were a serious injury with his availability in doubt for this week, he would be rehabbing and not just watching practice

Also, the real question here is, what type of material was his hoodie? 100% cotton or some type of cotton/polyester blend?

• Haha 1

The fact he is on the sidelines with a hoodie and not a boot... is a good sign #methinks

10 minutes ago, ffluser2008 said:
Only update from Taylor was that Mixon “should practice” this week . Stay tuned.

I don't see anything.  And also...this guy works for RW and not the Bengals?

The only thing I can see on his twitter was his re-tweet of Ben Baby's tweet who seems to always be spot on regarding Bengals' news.

3 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

The only thing I can see on his twitter was his re-tweet of Ben Baby's tweet who seems to always be spot on regarding Bengals' news.

He’s corrected the tweet. Taylor didn’t say that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

Listening to the CBS podcast Dave Richard reported that Zach Taylor said there was 'nothing too alarming' new injury wise with any of his players while speaking with the media.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Listening to the CBS podcast Dave Richard reported that Zach Taylor said there was 'nothing too alarming' new injury wise with any of his players while speaking with the media.

Guess we good for Sunday boys!

This doc seems to think it is a foot sprain. Could be mild or season ending... we need to see him practice tomorrow or Friday

• Haha 1

Bit worrying that his MRI was Monday and they still haven't said anything. So much gamesmanship around these injuries this year it feels like. I just hate that the range of outcomes is "completely minor to season ending" lol.

Edited by harck

30 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

This doc seems to think it is a foot sprain. Could be mild or season ending... we need to see him practice tomorrow or Friday

I watch dr. Chao... this guys is classically wrong or updates after someone already says something else

48 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

plot twist - this guy is actually a dentist

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

plot twist - this guy is actually a dentist

If he’s not covered by dr. Chao probably a good sign

58 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Dude is a fraud....stopped listening to him awhile ago

Edited by Tomei7

You can safely ignore all youtube doctors, including Mr. Chao. Quacks. All of them.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Dude is a fraud....stopped listening to him awhile ago

I don't think he's attempted to give any real diagnosis or advice here. He's basically said he'll practice and be fine, be limited or miss Sunday and possibly more. 

Top up the pension fund with money for nothing. Mr no info Dr, this buds for you. Real men of genius. 

• Like 2