Rotoworld.com Forums

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Mr. Chao def looks and talks like a quack.

Dr chao was actually the team doctor for the charges for like 10-15 years.  So what if he has a pay website for fantasy nerds.  He’s actually legit.  The problem with any of these dudes is without access to mri, ct, or x-rays they just speculate like the rest of us in fancy terminology

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

Dr chao was actually the team doctor for the charges for like 10-15 years.  So what if he has a pay website for fantasy nerds.  He’s actually legit.  The problem with any of these dudes is without access to mri, ct, or x-rays they just speculate like the rest of us in fancy terminology

I suggest you read this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.boltsfromtheblue.com/platform/amp/2013/4/22/4251626/san-diego-chargers-doctor-david-chao-has-chaotic-past

Mr. Chao is a garbage human and worse “doctor”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well never said he was a good person or good doctor. But just cause your always high on drugs or alcohol doesn’t mean you don’t know typical sports related injuries.  I mean you saw any given Sunday. I’m sure he’s the sleazy James woods team doctor... point being all speculation, but the you tubers usually get more video searches and likes for saying the sky is falling

Edited by TeeGee60
14 hours ago, jpark211 said:

This doc seems to think it is a foot sprain. Could be mild or season ending... we need to see him practice tomorrow or Friday

Any doctor that hasn't either evaluated the player themselves or is giving an opinion based on examining actual test results is making an assessment purely on speculation. It's meaningless to me.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Proto24 said:

Ah... not feeling good about this one. All signs point to a lisfranc injury. Even if it’s minor, sounds like Mixon would miss at least a few weeks.

There's literally no signs pointing to a lisfranc injury.

No boot. On the side at practice instead of rehabbing. Putting weight on foot. Etc. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, smeeze said:

There's literally no signs pointing to a lisfranc injury.

No boot. On the side at practice instead of rehabbing. Putting weight on foot. Etc. 

Agree... I think some of the news casters from nfl network would have been reporting if something bad was going on.  So far just ben baby.

7 hours ago, Macgregor said:

Is it normal to return from and play on one of those prior to further diagnosis?

Apparently the swelling doesn't come in until later so players do come back in despite suffering a sprain. The adrenaline also helps masks the pain

• Thanks 1

Man - the wait is killing me.

If he is a DNP today as well, I think we are in some real trouble.  Hoping for an update on the injury and best case scenario, he participating in practice in a limited capacity.

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

Man - the wait is killing me.

If he is a DNP today as well, I think we are in some real trouble.  Hoping for an update on the injury and best case scenario, he participating in practice in a limited capacity.

i'm thinking he is fine, just banged up, but given he played through his injuries a few weeks ago i think he will continue that trend

Just now, Silent-Trader said:

Some don't realize/appreciate what fantasy football does for the NFL and the revenue it generates for the league. 

I am sure they realize how greatly fantasy football affects viewership and revenue but it is getting out of hand.  People demanding updates by randomly tweeting/DMing athletes/beat reporters could get pretty annoying when they are trying to do their job...which is not to satisfy our fantasy teams.  There is certainly a way to go about it if you're inquiring about insider information but I guess most feel entitled on the interwebs.

• Like 1
Just now, ludawg23 said:

I am sure they realize how greatly fantasy football affects viewership and revenue but it is getting out of hand.  People demanding updates by randomly tweeting/DMing athletes/beat reporters could get pretty annoying when they are trying to do their job...which is not to satisfy our fantasy teams.  There is certainly a way to go about it if you're inquiring about insider information but I guess most feel entitled on the interwebs.

I don't see any of the Bengals beat reporters doing their jobs. Your best player has an unknown injury before a divisional game with your interstate rivals. The supposed injury occurred 4 days ago. Are they not asking questions? Not asking the right people? They should be taking the team & coaches to task for it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, smeeze said:

I don't see any of the Bengals beat reporters doing their jobs. Your best player has an unknown injury before a divisional game with your interstate rivals. The supposed injury occurred 4 days ago. Are they not asking questions? Not asking the right people? They should be taking the team & coaches to task for it. 

Ben Baby is the best one for the Bengals and he has been updating his twitter every day.  Literally a quote from Zac Taylor saying we don't have a significant update on Joe Mixon.  What else do you expect?

He has been keeping the general public informed - even tweeted that Mixon was in a hoodie and watching practice with no boot on.  Did you want him to start giving you false information or randomly guess on his health? That would be some terrible reporting.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Ben Baby is the best one for the Bengals and he has been updating his twitter every day.  Literally a quote from Zac Taylor saying we don't have a significant update on Joe Mixon.  What else do you expect?

He has been keeping the general public informed - even tweeted that Mixon was in a hoodie and watching practice with no boot on.  Did you want him to start giving you false information or randomly guess on his health? That would be some terrible reporting.

I would expect them to get some answers 4 days after a mystery MRI was taken with no results. You know, their job. Reporting about the team.

Obviously we as fantasy owners want the information because we're all crazy, but surely the good people of Cincinnati would like an update as well? 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Of course it's gets annoying, but it's customer service. It's insane? Give me a break! If someone said that to a customer to their face at work, they would probably get fired. I do agree that "we" get go overboard, but it is their job to satisfy their fan base and a big part of it is fantasy football. If it wasn't fantasy football no one would care about backup RBs like Bernard. 

• Like 1

This situation is so odd. The MRI happened on Monday. What are they being tight lipped about? Normally them not saying anything, to me, means the MRI didn't show anything significant. But Taylor's cryptic answers and a full no practice are just odd. Guess we'll find out what's up today, if he practices limited, then it was all nothing and CIN was playing a bit of mind games. If he's out completely today, something is going on, but perhaps they are still gauging severity and/or play-through pain tolerance.

• Like 2

I thought everyone was like Schefty and had real sources. If all the beat writers are doing is reporting the quotes from daily briefings from the HC... seems kinda lazy.

None of these guys have an informant? Do we really believe that noone on the roster knows anything about Mixon's injury? Is this the Pentagon?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2