dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

19 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

Of course it's gets annoying, but it's customer service. It's insane? Give me a break! If someone said that to a customer to their face at work, they would probably get fired. I do agree that "we" get go overboard, but it is their job to satisfy their fan base and a big part of it is fantasy football. If it wasn't fantasy football no one would care about backup RBs like Bernard. 

Sure - I agree for the most part that it's their job to report team news but there is also a way to ask as well, referring to Ben Baby's tweet about some manners from random strangers hassling him for information he doesn't have.

Customer service or not, there's a certain way to approach someone if you're asking for information.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Sure - I agree for the most part that it's their job to report team news but there is also a way to ask as well, referring to Ben Baby's tweet about some manners from random strangers hassling him for information he doesn't have.

Customer service or not, there's a certain way to approach someone if you're asking for information.

It's twitter, not a corporate email

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Proto24 said:

Ah... not feeling good about this one. All signs point to a lisfranc injury. Even if it’s minor, sounds like Mixon would miss at least a few weeks.

What are these signs you speak of?

They surely had the MRI results no later than sometime Tuesday.

All strange, even without an official announcement from the team a good aggressive beat reporter would at least have a source within the team.

Even just an anticipating good or bad results, or whatever .....

I had/have Chubb and Sutton in other leagues and early inside info from beat reporters on both was spot on (unfortunately)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ffluser2008 said:

They surely had the MRI results no later than sometime Tuesday.

All strange, even without an official announcement from the team a good aggressive beat reporter would at least have a source within the team.

Even just an anticipating good or bad results, or whatever .....

I had/have Chubb and Sutton in other leagues and early inside info from beat reporters on both was spot on (unfortunately)

Ya this is odd. We all Can’t find anything on the MRI results. All we know is after he sustained the injury he went back in the game for 2nd half, he wasn’t used in hurry up because Giovani is 100x better then Mixon obviously 🙄, he went in for a MRI, and he was standing in a hoodie during practice. Is this because they play a division foe this weekend? And won’t release the results. Really weird.

The source isn’t verified on Twitter but others are reporting the same info:

• Thanks 1

Random Browns fans on twitter and Browns beat writers reporting it before the Bengals beats. Embarrassing. 

This is not trending well. Clearly the Bengals' beat writers are as bad as the offensive line. 

Schefty will probably reporting some breaking news by mid afternoon.

Foot sprain - probably out a few weeks is my guess.  

Source: degree from webmd.com

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Lot of doom and gloom.

Probably practice tmrw and all good.

Lol...that’s exactly what everyone said yesterday. 

We’re now 3 days since his MRI with not a single update, and 2 days of missing practice. 

Not sure I’d categorize this as “all good”. If you don’t already have Gio, I hope it’s not too late for you. 

2 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Lol...that’s exactly what everyone said yesterday. 

We’re now 3 days since his MRI with not a single update, and 2 days of missing practice. 

Not sure I’d categorize this as “all good”. If you don’t already have Gio, I hope it’s not too late for you. 

I've got Gio.

That said, the matchup stinks for both of them.

• Like 1

The only positive thing to go off of is that Mixon will usually play if he can go.  Looking at his track record, he seems to always have some type of minor injury where he will not practice most of the week and then he will end up playing.  Hopefully it is that but for most guys, missing two consecutive days is usually bad for their availability come Sunday.

If Mixon can barely produce behind that Bengals O-line (who arguably is a top 3 RB talent in the league stuck in one of the worst RB situations), I'm absolutely terrified at the stat lines Gio will put up lol.

They change their scheme when Bernard is in there. It's usually a lot of a dink and dunk passes to offset the lack of running. 

4 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

They change their scheme when Bernard is in there. It's usually a lot of a dink and dunk passes to offset the lack of running. 

I like them dink 'n dunk pointz!

I just can’t believe we don’t know what the injury is yet. Foot is so vague

Yeah he's gonna miss a few games at the very least. This is shaping up to be rough. I don't know that Gio is really all that worth grabbing though. He's what? A low end FLEX at best. 

Well the Bengals play the next two games and then a bye. So if it's actually something that's going to sideline him I'd assume that's what we're looking at.

Why are so many people saying he's going to 'miss games' when there's absolutely no solid evidence of that? Is this a setting expectations to avoid disappointment thing?

• Like 2