dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

if it were a serious injury, news would have leaked by now. it likely is a mild foot sprain (like the dr. morse video speculates). will just depend how he feels sunday morning. any kind of practice tomorrow would be a great sign... even if a dnp tomorrow it's not a lock he's out.

2 minutes ago, aapox said:

Why are so many people saying he's going to 'miss games' when there's absolutely no solid evidence of that? Is this a setting expectations to avoid disappointment thing?

He has a mysterious foot injury and isn't practicing. There would be no reason for the team not to come out and say its a minor injury up to this point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aapox said:

Why are so many people saying he's going to 'miss games' when there's absolutely no solid evidence of that? Is this a setting expectations to avoid disappointment thing?

Watch that video. If it’s a foot sprain depending on severity he can miss weeks. It’s also pretty shady the coach is giving zero information basically. Not good signs.

• Like 1

Word... Well, at least I grabbed Gio, who is (imo) a low-end RB2 in standard and a mid-RB2 in half/full. Definitely a playable option based on volume/past performance is Mixon misses.

Mild foot sprain looking more likely if he's hopping around on the sideline.

4 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

Vet day take 2? Hopefully?

Seems like he would be okay. Maybe a reduced workload? but still should be playable (crossing my fingers here)

Even if he plays how confident is everyone rolling him out? He could play a few snaps aggravate it again and be ruled out. 

• Like 1

Mixon is dancing on the sidelines to Dancing Queen.

I still believe if this was a serious injury news would have leaked. Whatever he is dealing with is likely going to come down to pain tolerance and discomfort. 

Might be best for him to sit till the bye.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

I still believe if this was a serious injury news would have leaked. Whatever he is dealing with is likely going to come down to pain tolerance and discomfort. 

This is the type of intel I come here for

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

Pretty sure their playing for the Cleveland bowl... biggest game since the flint Michigan mega bowl... all kidding aside if he gets a limited practice tomorrow he’ll probably have a shot at playing

• Like 1

he's most likely at the Vet status point like Hopkins where he doesn't need to practice to play. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brosephd said:

he's most likely at the Vet status point like Hopkins where he doesn't need to practice to play. 

Ding ding ding

32 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Even if he plays how confident is everyone rolling him out? He could play a few snaps aggravate it again and be ruled out. 

Not as confident as usual, but if he's active with no indications of limited workload, I'm playing him. Only way I wouldn't is if I had 3 other high volume RBs.

2 hours ago, harck said:

If Mixon can barely produce behind that Bengals O-line (who arguably is a top 3 RB talent in the league stuck in one of the worst RB situations), I'm absolutely terrified at the stat lines Gio will put up lol.

Believe it or not but Gio has actually did pretty well from a fantasy standpoint in the past filling in for Mixon

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, brosephd said:

Vet AND big contract recently signed!!! They need to protect that investment. 

1 minute ago, Tomei7 said:

Believe it or not but Gio has actually did pretty well from a fantasy standpoint in the past filling in for Mixon

He's done very well!

• Like 2

Doubt many teams have the luxury of benching him if he's active - I certainly don't

• Like 1

even though no specifics... if he had a serious foot injury he wouldnt be standing, dancing, walking around watching practice. He didnt have a boot on. There was an MRI and no BAD news broke.... everything points to a very mild foot issue. considering the limited evidence we have it seems likely the team is just being cautious...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jubanton said:

Source on the song being Dancing Queen??? Can’t just make a claim like that without evidence, this is an important piece to the puzzle.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

Source on the song being Dancing Queen??? Can’t just make a claim like that without evidence, this is an important piece to the puzzle.

lol that was said in jest... if I am being fully transparent.

Gave the story some extra legs

• Like 1