dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

9 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Lisfranc he's not playing until after the bye

I think he will be lucky to be back after the bye. Those foot injuries can be really tricky. He probably shouldn't have come back in the game last week after he hurt it. Sounds like he just did damage. I scooped Gio up today and starting him over McKinnon in my flex. Sounds like Gio is the bell cow for a min. of 2 weeks. 

How long is this injury lasting?  what is a foot injury?: lisfranc ruled out I assume?

3 hours ago, clintrad4 said:

How long is this injury lasting?  what is a foot injury?: lisfranc ruled out I assume?

Not ruled out, if it is Lisfranc then I bet he hits IR soon. 

35 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Not ruled out, if it is Lisfranc then I bet he hits IR soon. 

If it was Lisfranc he probably would have had surgery immediately and wouldn’t have been bearing weight on it.

He wouldn’t have came back in the game if it were a metatarsal fracture (lisfranc). Please people.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CooL said:

Ah yes, forgot about Ekeler.  Julio too.  Forgot about Davante too.So basically the Zeke (who's already had Covid) and King Henry owners have a significant advantage.  What a year.

Kamara.

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

If it was Lisfranc he probably would have had surgery immediately and wouldn’t have been bearing weight on it.

Everything I've found online states that even mild lisfranc injuries would be treated with a non weight bearing boot/cast.

I think he may sit thru the bye, but I'm encouraged by the walking and 'dancing' during practice and lack of a boot/cast/crutches.

No idea why Cincinnati can’t come out and give a definite injury designation.. foot sprain, turf toe whatever. But one thing that we can look at this as glass half-full. He has no walking boot which is a swipe of the brow... for now. 

• Like 1

If Woods misses time, which wr would benefit more Van Jefferson or Josh Reynolds?

4 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

If Woods misses time, which wr would benefit more Van Jefferson or Josh Reynolds?

JOE MIXON

Edited by NInsko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, NInsko said:

JOE MIXON

My bad, wrong thread.  I was just in the Robert Woods thread before this and thought I was still there.

Z. Taylor seemed to make a point that he was ruling Mixon out for ONLY this week. Almost purposely doing so to leave the door open for next week.

Not sure why. Maybe keep next week's opponent (and us) in the dark.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Z. Taylor seemed to make a point that he was ruling Mixon out for ONLY this week. Almost purposely doing so to leave the door open for next week.

Not sure why. Maybe keep next week's opponent (and us) in the dark.

I'm not too worried if it was end of season bad i think that news would have come out by now. Never heard this news and to me sounds semi encouraging. 

3 hours ago, ffluser2008 said:

Problem is, unless I entirely missed it, Cincinnati has not announced whether it even is lisfranc.

He covers multiple scenarios in his assessment. Gives estimates for mid foot sprain, Lisfranc, etc. We have to wait until they release it.

I have no idea why they are being so secretive though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

makes sense with the week 9 bye back at full strenght for week 10

Getting bad feelings from this. But the nice thing about the new IR rules(3 weeks) is whether or not guys go on there gives you a bit of clarity as to how serious injuries are. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to pop in and say I thought it was funny that Pete Carroll came out as soon as the SEA game ended and said Carson has a mid foot sprain, and we can’t get a word out of Zac Taylor about Mixon with the same injury 

• Like 1

As a Mixon/Gio owner, it is better if Mixon gets 100% healthy first as it seems as though Gio can be very useful for fantasy purposes.  Guy is just solid getting full time work in PPR.

• Like 3

I started Gio and am concerned this performance means he regains more passing work when Mixon comes back. His usage yesterday is exactly what we wanted out of Mixon.

55 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I started Gio and am concerned this performance means he regains more passing work when Mixon comes back. His usage yesterday is exactly what we wanted out of Mixon.

I am concerned too... for some reason Zac Taylor sees Gio as a better 3rd down back than Joe. Think we're having an issue where each back caps the other's production/value