dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, NInsko said:

JOE MIXON

My bad, wrong thread.  I was just in the Robert Woods thread before this and thought I was still there.

Z. Taylor seemed to make a point that he was ruling Mixon out for ONLY this week. Almost purposely doing so to leave the door open for next week.

Not sure why. Maybe keep next week's opponent (and us) in the dark.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Z. Taylor seemed to make a point that he was ruling Mixon out for ONLY this week. Almost purposely doing so to leave the door open for next week.

Not sure why. Maybe keep next week's opponent (and us) in the dark.

I'm not too worried if it was end of season bad i think that news would have come out by now. Never heard this news and to me sounds semi encouraging. 

3 hours ago, ffluser2008 said:

Problem is, unless I entirely missed it, Cincinnati has not announced whether it even is lisfranc.

He covers multiple scenarios in his assessment. Gives estimates for mid foot sprain, Lisfranc, etc. We have to wait until they release it.

I have no idea why they are being so secretive though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

makes sense with the week 9 bye back at full strenght for week 10

Getting bad feelings from this. But the nice thing about the new IR rules(3 weeks) is whether or not guys go on there gives you a bit of clarity as to how serious injuries are. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to pop in and say I thought it was funny that Pete Carroll came out as soon as the SEA game ended and said Carson has a mid foot sprain, and we can’t get a word out of Zac Taylor about Mixon with the same injury 

• Like 1

So Cincinnati refuses to use Mixon the way they just let Bernard do whatever he wanted. Could you imagine if Joe was given all the carries and targets like Gio just was.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

As a Mixon/Gio owner, it is better if Mixon gets 100% healthy first as it seems as though Gio can be very useful for fantasy purposes.  Guy is just solid getting full time work in PPR.

• Like 3

I started Gio and am concerned this performance means he regains more passing work when Mixon comes back. His usage yesterday is exactly what we wanted out of Mixon.

55 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I started Gio and am concerned this performance means he regains more passing work when Mixon comes back. His usage yesterday is exactly what we wanted out of Mixon.

I am concerned too... for some reason Zac Taylor sees Gio as a better 3rd down back than Joe. Think we're having an issue where each back caps the other's production/value

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

he had 18 touches and apparently the coaches don't trust any of the other backs. if gio were down and mixon active mixon would have been given all the RB touches. don't read too much in to this

Edited by iamkoza
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jpark211 said:

I am concerned too... for some reason Zac Taylor sees Gio as a better 3rd down back than Joe. Think we're having an issue where each back caps the other's production/value

Gio had a grand total of 17 touches in the first 5 games of the year with a healthy Mixon. The perception that Gio cuts into Mixon much is extremely overstated. He's one of the highest volume backs there is. Period. The team has stunk much of the time he has been there so the huge volume sometimes isn't as great as we'd like it be. Gio will go back to being what he was as soon as Mixon is ready.

• Like 2

Lmao reading this thread is great. Bunch of mixon fan boys, obviously.

As a bengals fan, it’d be stupid to keep gio completely off the field. Yes, mixon should see the majority of snaps and playing time, but gio is no scrub.

He has his role, and he plays it well. 

all of the complaining won’t magically keep gio on the bench

Edited by Chippa
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

As a bengals fan, it’d be stupid to keep gio completely off the field. Yes, mixon should see the majority of snaps and playing time, but gio is no scrub.

I love Joe Mixon...On many teams Gio would absolutely get more work then he does get. I think Mixon owners (and I do have some Mixon) should feel fortunate they are as fully committed to Mixon as they are. In the first 5 weeks of the season he was on pace for 384 touches. If he can't buoy that workload into high end fantasy production then he's not going to. What you are hoping for here is that the team around him continues to improve. That is what is holding him back, not Gio Bernard.

• Like 2

I hope we get some news/clarification sometime this week regarding his return...I know he’s going to be out but a timetable for how long would be nice...

55 minutes ago, Chippa said:

It’s the RW forums, would you expect anything less?

We could also add Vent/Rant to any player thread as well.

Coach just called him day to day. Week 9 bye means he is probably sitting again this week. 

as a bengals fan, they are probably playing it safe with him with bye week next week. Wedesnday and thursday practice will be very telling. If he misses then its very unlikely he suits up. If he practices limited then I like his chances. .

Edited by cincythunder

There is zero incentive for him to play this week with the bye week coming up.