dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

I started Gio and am concerned this performance means he regains more passing work when Mixon comes back. His usage yesterday is exactly what we wanted out of Mixon.

he had 18 touches and apparently the coaches don't trust any of the other backs. if gio were down and mixon active mixon would have been given all the RB touches. don't read too much in to this

Edited by iamkoza
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jpark211 said:

I am concerned too... for some reason Zac Taylor sees Gio as a better 3rd down back than Joe. Think we're having an issue where each back caps the other's production/value

Gio had a grand total of 17 touches in the first 5 games of the year with a healthy Mixon. The perception that Gio cuts into Mixon much is extremely overstated. He's one of the highest volume backs there is. Period. The team has stunk much of the time he has been there so the huge volume sometimes isn't as great as we'd like it be. Gio will go back to being what he was as soon as Mixon is ready.

• Like 3

Lmao reading this thread is great. Bunch of mixon fan boys, obviously.

As a bengals fan, it’d be stupid to keep gio completely off the field. Yes, mixon should see the majority of snaps and playing time, but gio is no scrub.

He has his role, and he plays it well. 

all of the complaining won’t magically keep gio on the bench

Edited by Chippa
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

As a bengals fan, it’d be stupid to keep gio completely off the field. Yes, mixon should see the majority of snaps and playing time, but gio is no scrub.

I love Joe Mixon...On many teams Gio would absolutely get more work then he does get. I think Mixon owners (and I do have some Mixon) should feel fortunate they are as fully committed to Mixon as they are. In the first 5 weeks of the season he was on pace for 384 touches. If he can't buoy that workload into high end fantasy production then he's not going to. What you are hoping for here is that the team around him continues to improve. That is what is holding him back, not Gio Bernard.

• Like 2

I hope we get some news/clarification sometime this week regarding his return...I know he’s going to be out but a timetable for how long would be nice...

55 minutes ago, Chippa said:

It’s the RW forums, would you expect anything less?

We could also add Vent/Rant to any player thread as well.

Coach just called him day to day. Week 9 bye means he is probably sitting again this week. 

as a bengals fan, they are probably playing it safe with him with bye week next week. Wedesnday and thursday practice will be very telling. If he misses then its very unlikely he suits up. If he practices limited then I like his chances. .

Edited by cincythunder

There is zero incentive for him to play this week with the bye week coming up.  

1 minute ago, Colonel Forbin said:

Any word on if he practiced today?

No Bengals practice today.

Edited by ColoWrex

4 minutes ago, JEREMY LIN said:

Patiently waiting for an update lol..

Don't get your hopes up IMO - plan as if he isn't coming back until after their bye week.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Don't get your hopes up IMO - plan as if he isn't coming back until after their bye week.

Refresh Ben Baby twitter. He seems to be the guy with the Cinci updates.

Although last week he said Mixon was "dancing" and was likely to play. Clown.

• Haha 1

I am fully prepared to have him sit out this week in lieu of the bye coming up. I just hope this issue doesn't linger ROS... GIO might be best handcuff to own moving forward. 

Edited by JEREMY LIN
  • Like 2

They need to rest him so this doesn't linger all season. Foot injuries are just terrible; I have Antonio Gates flashbacks everytime I hear about one.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Refresh Ben Baby twitter. He seems to be the guy with the Cinci updates.

Although last week he said Mixon was "dancing" and was likely to play. Clown.

he reported the dancing, but he did not report likely to play (at least not to my recollection)

edit: i think tyler dragon was the one who reported the dancing so you may be completely off 

Edited by iamkoza

1 minute ago, timexsocialclub said:

In lieu means instead.

Oops. I meant "in light of the bye coming up." 

3 hours ago, swetooth9 said:

Another week of Gio or nah? Patiently waiting...

Yup most likely...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Yup most likely...

Agreed. It makes little sense for them to play him if he's not 80-90% (*no one is 100%) when the bye is coming up. They know they're not winning anything this year and he's a key piece for the next 2-3 years.