dontclapGonorrhea

Joe Mixon 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Chippa said:

...is this supposed to be a hard question to answer? I'm not going to state the obvious ones, but as for non obvious ones, I'd personally take Julio, Edwards-Helaire, Tyreek, Sanders, Godwin, Drake and Kelce. Mixon should be a late 2nd round/early 3rd round pick, and I will not be targeting him. Let someone else deal with 11 points per game from weeks 1-12.

I'd also take schuster and conner over mixon, as well as chub and carson. Good thing those guys are going in the 3rd/4th. Let the jabronis grab Mixon early

Chubb is not going in 3rd. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jay85 said:

Chubb is not going in 3rd. 

whatever, I'll grab him before I grab Mixon. Thanks for the input

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

For those who wouldn’t take Mixon in the first round just curious who you would choose 10-12? 

 

I've got it Sanders, Henry, Jacobs, Drake, Mixon, then Chubb in order. There's a big gap after that group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chippa said:

...is this supposed to be a hard question to answer? I'm not going to state the obvious ones, but as for non obvious ones, I'd personally take Julio, Edwards-Helaire, Tyreek, Sanders, Godwin, Drake and Kelce. Mixon should be a late 2nd round/early 3rd round pick, and I will not be targeting him. Let someone else deal with 11 points per game from weeks 1-12.

I'd also take schuster and conner over mixon, as well as chub and carson. Good thing those guys are going in the 3rd/4th. Let the jabronis grab Mixon early

lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

For those who wouldn’t take Mixon in the first round just curious who you would choose 10-12? 

 

I'm thinking...

1. CMC

2. Barkley

3. Zeke

4. Kamara

5. Henry

6. CEH

7. Sanders

8. Thomas

9. Jacobs

10. Kelce

11. Adams

12. Hill

🤔

13. Cook

14. Drake

15. Kittle

16. Julio

17. Chubb

18. Unsure, but Hopkins, Mixon, Godwin, Andrews, and JT are probably the guys I have in play here. Maybe even Mahomes or Jackson, but probably not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, Mixon's NFC ADP for the past week (20 drafts) is 9.95, with ranges from 7-16.  This goes for the "Online" leagues costing $350.00/team, so you'd assume these rankings are better than Yahoo public ADP.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say go with who you like.

I love Mixon, and would probably take him after Kamara just because I'm scared of Cook's health. 

I pick #2 in a 10 team, and if he fell to me at #19, I would LOL and consider my draft a win no matter what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Conner and Schuster?  You've obviously ingested too much hydroxycholorquine.  Take a lap.

I would not reach for them, but I'm targeting schuster in the 3rd. I would love to grab conner in the 5th, but if I need a rb in the 4th, and he's there, I'll grab him. If Mixon is somehow in that same 3rd-5th round area that a schuster or conner can be in, yes, I'm taking one of the steelers over mixon. and I believe they will deliver better value than mixon. 

I love mixon's talent, but he has never had the offensive line to really shine. the o-line still isnt any good this season

Edited by Chippa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the people willing to take him in the late 1st are likely film guys. Mixon is an elite talent, the concerns are warranted, but sometimes you bank on the talent winning out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixon didn’t practice today with a reported minor injury. Is Gio the cuff if there’s a worst case “hold in” ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, urbank07 said:

Mixon didn’t practice today with a reported minor injury. Is Gio the cuff if there’s a worst case “hold in” ?

Mixon is going to touch the rock 325 times this year. 260 carries and 65 catches. Get him while other league mates are low and drive this man to the promise land

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Mixon is going to touch the rock 325 times this year. 260 carries and 65 catches. Get him while other league mates are low and drive this man to the promise land


I understand that. But I’m looking at worst case scenarios here, it’s not impossible he does a hold in similar to Ramsey. Who’s the guy behind Mixon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, urbank07 said:


I understand that. But I’m looking at worst case scenarios here, it’s not impossible he does a hold in similar to Ramsey. Who’s the guy behind Mixon?

Gio Benard, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Trayveon Williams potentially touching the ball. Dude balled out at Texas A&M and had a solid combine in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Mixon is going to touch the rock 325 times this year. 260 carries and 65 catches. Get him while other league mates are low and drive this man to the promise land

 

Maybe 65 targets. 65 catches is delusional.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

 

Maybe 65 targets. 65 catches is delusional.


He’s never even had 65 targets in any season, he had 55 targets in 2018 and that’s his max. I’d say 40 catches is more likely. But who knows, look at how many catches Leonard Fournette had last year with his rookie QB..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Mixon is going to touch the rock 325 times this year. 260 carries and 65 catches. Get him while other league mates are low and drive this man to the promise land


Only if Gio is out for the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:


He’s never even had 65 targets in any season, he had 55 targets in 2018 and that’s his max. I’d say 40 catches is more likely. But who knows, look at how many catches Leonard Fournette had last year with his rookie QB..

there's people who are banking on Mixon to miraculously go off this season just like there are people banking on Bell going off. They're both in bad situations, and there's no evidence of a break out fantasy season. yes they have the talent, but right now they are not in the right situations. Mixon has a hefty price tag on him too

Edited by Chippa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

there's people who are banking on Mixon to miraculously go off this season just like there are people banking on Bell going off. They're both in bad situations, and there's no evidence of a break out fantasy season. yes they have the talent, but right now they are not in the right situations. Mixon has a hefty price tag on him too

Mixon is a much better RB at this stage in their careers than Bell. Bell hasn’t been good since 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When trying to decide between RB’s, look at roster and team. RB is very dependent on team success. Owning RBs on bad teams is tough. Less scoring opportunities, less snaps because drives don’t sustain, and when they fall behind the team abandons the run. 
 

Last year I decided to try to stick with winning team RBs and it was much less of a headache. You don’t need to worry about game script.

While Mixon is talented, he is tied to his team and QB.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have owned him the last two years and watched far too much bad football because of it. The stress has taken 168 days off my life per my last blood test and analysis. He will blow up this season since I refuse to pertain to anymore self inflicted harm. I have children to live for that need me. 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I have owned him the last two years and watched far too much bad football because of it. The stress has taken 168 days off my life per my last blood test and analysis. He will blow up this season since I refuse to pertain to anymore self inflicted harm. I have children to live for that need me. 


We need the peplexed emoji back. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:


We need the peplexed emoji back. 

 

what's perplexing about the statement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I have owned him the last two years and watched far too much bad football because of it. The stress has taken 168 days off my life per my last blood test and analysis. He will blow up this season since I refuse to pertain to anymore self inflicted harm. I have children to live for that need me. 


You sure it isn’t the Fried Pork Grind?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I read the new collective bargin argreements makes holdouts/hold in's almost impossible.

A player shall not receive an Accrued Season for any League Year in which the player is under contract to a Club and in which (i) he failed to report to the Club's preseason training camp on that player's mandatory reporting date; or (ii) the player thereafter failed to perform his contract services for the Club for a material period of time, unless he demonstrates to the Impartial Arbitrator extreme personal hardship causing such failure to report or perform, such as severe illness or death in the family.

The fines are also substantial anyone else have knowledge of this. I think Mixon will not hold out along with cook.

That being said I don't want him at all. Rookie QBm bernard is annoying, steelers twice, ravens once, phili and chargers also good def lines. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.