dewaser

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

Leonard Fournette looks to be on the block. Some potential landing spots off the top of my head are: Buccaneers, Rams, Lions, Bears, Chargers.

What are we to expect from Fournette if he's traded to another team? More scoring opportunities on teams like the Bucs and Rams, but perhaps less PPR value.

Posted (edited)

Devine Ozigbo time in JAX?  For dynasty?

Edited by AJdude

59 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I heard Seattle already

Looks like a perfect fit.

20 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Looks like a perfect fit.

That would be a good landing spot, I like Tampa and Detroit as well

Posted (edited)

Tampa would be a great fit if he can pass protect.

Seattle trading for him would be bad for fantasy purposes and even worse for Seattle for real football purposes.

Edited by sSektor

Heard Miami is in on Fournette, they got the most cap space money in the league. 

55 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Heard Miami is in on Fournette, they got the most cap space money in the league. 

Jordan Howard owners just dropped from midnight to six.

19 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Are these new Jordan Howard owners or longtime Jordan Howard owners? I didn't think the latter existed.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Were they ever at midnight?

Edited by BMcP

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Were they ever at midnight?

Perhaps 8:13 to 6:00 would be more accurate?Almost seems worse, no? Barely stiff.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

Tampa would be a great fit if he can pass protect.

Seattle trading for him would be bad for fantasy purposes and even worse for Seattle for real football purposes.

Why would it be bad?  Carson may not make it back to full health right?

35 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Why would it be bad?  Carson may not make it back to full health right?

Who knows. But a backfield consisting of Fournette, Penny, and Carson does not make the Seahawks a better team. Forcing the run has been holding them back for years and Carroll needs to get his head out of his a** and let Wilson throw.

1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Perhaps 8:13 to 6:00 would be more accurate?Almost seems worse, no? Barely stiff.

I feel as if that’s moving in the wrong direction.

5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I heard Seattle already

There isn't any credible source that says Seattle has displayed interest and I doubt it happens unless the Jaguars trade him for pennies on the dollar.

Seattle has MUCH more pressing needs especially on their offensive and defensive line that they still have to address in the draft and also in free agency. I doubt they are going to give up serious capital for a running back. Judging by the Jaguars asking price for Ngakoue and what they traded Ramsey for, they're probably going to want too much for Fournette. He will either have to be in a package deal with Ngakoue (which would be insane) or the Jaguars are going to have to let go of him for cheaper. I doubt any team is trading a first for Fournette which is what they are likely going to be asking for. 

I wouldn't mind Fournette but not at anything more than a third round pick and I really doubt Seattle gives up too much more. 

6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I wouldn't mind Fournette but not at anything more than a third round pick and I really doubt Seattle gives up too much more. 

I would jump at a 3rd if I was JAX. Given that they traded Calais Campbell - a much better player at a more premium position - for a 5th, I'd expect Jax will get maybe a 5th or 6th for him. But yeah nobody is trading a first for him not named Bill O'Brien.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DeliciousGravy said:

I would jump at a 3rd if I was JAX. Given that they traded Calais Campbell - a much better player at a more premium position - for a 5th, I'd expect Jax will get maybe a 5th or 6th for him. But yeah nobody is trading a first for him not named Bill O'Brien.

A third is realistic imo.   Fournette is young and can play 3 downs-  plus has a low 4M price for 2020.    Not sure Jax would jump at it.  

• Haha 1

I'd like him on DET, that O is underrated and KJ would thrive as a COP with Fournette pounding the rock. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

A third is realistic imo.   Fournette is young and can play 3 downs-  plus has a low 4M price for 2020.    Not sure Jax would jump at it.  

Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno, I'm no GM. Was kinda basing it on the Drake trade to Arizona (6th that ended up becoming a 5th). In terms of money, $4m is reasonable at best for Fournette - I'd rather have the Mark Ingram deal ($15m/3 years) who is a much better pass-blocker.

In looking at draft compensation, I'd look at who you can get for that draft at that spot. Let's take #100 (late 3rd) - they make $4m for their 4-year contract. Would I rather (example) Clyde Edwards-Helaire for 4 years at $1m/year over Fournette at $4m, then a 3-year extension? Again, probably.

Finally, what kind of comp pick would Fournette attract? I don't think he'd get Melvin Gordon's deal in FA. I think again Ingram's $15m/3 years might be around what he'd get - that would be good for a 5th or 6th as far as comp picks go. So I'm figuring Jax might want the pick a year earlier as justification for a trade.

Anyway look this is just me making **** up, maybe he does go for a 3rd when it's all said and done, but I just don't think he's worth that from either a talent or cap perspective.

Edited by DeliciousGravy
formatting
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DeliciousGravy said:

Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno, I'm no GM. Was kinda basing it on the Drake trade to Arizona (6th that ended up becoming a 5th). In terms of money, $4m is reasonable at best for Fournette - I'd rather have the Mark Ingram deal ($15m/3 years) who is a much better pass-blocker.

In looking at draft compensation, I'd look at who you can get for that draft at that spot. Let's take #100 (late 3rd) - they make $4m for their 4-year contract. Would I rather (example) Clyde Edwards-Helaire for 4 years at $1m/year over Fournette at $4m, then a 3-year extension? Again, probably.

Finally, what kind of comp pick would Fournette attract? I don't think he'd get Melvin Gordon's deal in FA. I think again Ingram's $15m/3 years might be around what he'd get - that would be good for a 5th or 6th as far as comp picks go. So I'm figuring Jax might want the pick a year earlier as justification for a trade.

Anyway look this is just me making **** up, maybe he does go for a 3rd when it's all said and done, but I just don't think he's worth that from either a talent or cap perspective.

He’s 100% worth it from a talent perspective especially to a team like Seattle. The problem is more his health than anything.

I do think there’s absolutely zero point in keeping him. I’m pretty sure they’re going to tank hard for Lawrence and a good RB is the last thing they need. Campbell is old and he doesn’t fit their timeline at all so it can be a reason he was let go for less. Although a 5th is absurd. They got a kings ransom for Ramsey and apparently want one for Ngakoue so it’s difficult to say where he will fall on the chart. Again, judging by their other young stars I wouldn’t be surprise if they ask for a first. However, I also wouldn’t be surprised if at the end of the day he gets traded for a 3rd-4th. Again, zero reason for them to keep an unhappy RB during tankathon.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

id be shocked if they even got a 5th for Trent Richardson 2.0

Give me a break. Fournette has gotten a lot of **** lately and i'm sure there's some hyperbole in this comment but it's still stupid.

Obviously, he hasn't performed as expected because his expectations were absurd. He also has had issues staying healthy which doesn't help his case. 

In his rookie season Fournette averaged over 100 YPG and hit double digit TDs in 13 games. His second year he was basically hurt the entire season and playing hurt most of it. Last season he AGAIN averaged over 100 YPG and a solid 4.3 YPC playing for one of the worst offenses and teams in the NFL. Mind you, this is a team that in all 3 seasons has been laughably uncreative when it comes to calling running plays. They really love to jam Fournette up the middle every play.

Has Fournette lived up to the hype like Elliot and Barkley have? No he hasn't. However, he is still a damn good back. If he gets traded to a solid team and stays healthy he will put up elite numbers. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Give me a break. Fournette has gotten a lot of **** lately and i'm sure there's some hyperbole in this comment but it's still stupid.

Obviously, he hasn't performed as expected because his expectations were absurd. He also has had issues staying healthy which doesn't help his case. 

In his rookie season Fournette averaged over 100 YPG and hit double digit TDs in 13 games. His second year he was basically hurt the entire season and playing hurt most of it. Last season he AGAIN averaged over 100 YPG and a solid 4.3 YPC playing for one of the worst offenses and teams in the NFL. Mind you, this is a team that in all 3 seasons has been laughably uncreative when it comes to calling running plays. They really love to jam Fournette up the middle every play.

Has Fournette lived up to the hype like Elliot and Barkley have? No he hasn't. However, he is still a damn good back. If he gets traded to a solid team and stays healthy he will put up elite numbers. 

He has also been suspended due to attitude issues and has publicly clammored for Jax to bring in Can Newton to start over Gardner Minshew.

I'm no NFL exec but methinks those things are frowned upon from an organizational standpoint.

Add in the fact he is gonna want a new contract and it's easy to see why they would wanna let Lenny go.

On 4/20/2020 at 5:02 AM, Gohawks said:

He’s 100% worth it from a talent perspective especially to a team like Seattle. The problem is more his health than anything.

I had lots of ownership of Fournette last year. I'm gonna back you on this point. He certainly has talent; probably just depends on how much Jax want to be rid of him.

I would get pretty giddy over him ending up in Kansas City. Imagine trying to defend Mahomes et al vertically but they also have Lenny ready to run you over if you keep trotting out dime packages. KC could use 11 personnel all game and check to the run if they put a safety on Kelce; pass if he's matched up on a linebacker. He might even get a rushing TD or two!