dewaser

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

He had 1,672 all purpose yards with 76 receptions on a dumpster fire team. If he had gotten a reasonable number of TDs for that yardage (more than 3) he would be a locked-in first rounder this draft.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

He had 1,672 all purpose yards with 76 receptions on a dumpster fire team. If he had gotten a reasonable number of TDs for that yardage (more than 3) he would be a locked-in first rounder this draft.

It blows me away how people are acting like he’s some scrub. Not just on here but pretty much everywhere else.

He was on pace for being only 200 yards short of 2,000 yards from scrimmage last season. This is on not only a horrible team but on a team that had absolutely horrible run design as well. He still put up a respectable YPC as well amongst all this.

Fournette isn’t just some solid RB for a team to get in a trade. He’s an elite bellcow RB. Now, how much a RB with one year left on a contract and personality flaws is worth is up for debate but his talent is not. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

It blows me away how people are acting like he’s some scrub. Not just on here but pretty much everywhere else.

He was on pace for being only 200 yards short of 2,000 yards from scrimmage last season. This is on not only a horrible team but on a team that had absolutely horrible run design as well. He still put up a respectable YPC as well amongst all this.

Fournette isn’t just some solid RB for a team to get in a trade. He’s an elite bellcow RB. Now, how much a RB with one year left on a contract and personality flaws is worth is up for debate but his talent is not. 

I don’t get it either. If he was on a decent offense he would’ve likely scored a bunch of TDs too, and be considered an elite fantasy RB. If Fournette could do that in JAX, what do we think he could do in KC?

7 hours ago, sSektor said:

he also only had 3 tds and 4.3 ypc.  Broke 100 yards rushing 3 games all season.    Mostly a volume player.  Without the 330-350 touches(and staying healthy through it)...he’s a low end Rb2 at best 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I don’t get it either. If he was on a decent offense he would’ve likely scored a bunch of TDs too, and be considered an elite fantasy RB. If Fournette could do that in JAX, what do we think he could do in KC?

He can dream of what that would be like while never getting to experience it. I doubt the chiefs commit 4 Million next year to a head case like Fournette who could ruin your locker room and then potentially 5 million or more to sign him long term?

Plenty of RBs can pile up empty stats on over 320+ touches in a season like Fournette got last year. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Plenty of RBs can pile up empty stats on over 320+ touches in a season like Fournette got last year. 

Not really. It actually takes a pretty good RB to pile up stats on a terrible offense like Fournette did last year. And if an RB produces X on a terrible offense, he would presumably produce greater than X on a great offense. Therefore, considering what Fournette was able to do on a terrible JAX team, we can pretty safely assume he would be fantastic, likely elite, on KC.

Whether or not that happens is another story, but to knock Fournette’s (or any RB) ability/production without taking into account the quality of the team/offense around him is ignorant.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Not really. It actually takes a pretty good RB to pile up stats on a terrible offense like Fournette did last year. And if an RB produces X on a terrible offense, he would presumably produce greater than X on a great offense. Therefore, considering what Fournette was able to do on a terrible JAX team, we can pretty safely assume he would be fantastic, likely elite, on KC.

Whether or not that happens is another story, but to knock Fournette’s (or any RB) ability/production without taking into account the quality of the team/offense around him is ignorant.

Takes a pretty bad RB to score only 3 TDs on 330+ touches no matter the offense.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Takes a pretty bad RB to score only 3 TDs on 330+ touches no matter the offense.

TDs can be somewhat unpredictable but I’d agree that this is a symptom of a lethargic offense.  My preference for LF is he stays in Jax and gets big volume again.    A timeshare really hurts a rb like this.   

If they aren't able to unload him, you've got an oft injured playing for a really bad team.  It's like the old Steven Jackson scenario but with a much greater propensity got getting hurt.

Like anything else, it depends on how much it costs to get him, but if he's on the Jags I doubt he'll be drafted anywhere low enough where he'll be on my teams.

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Takes a pretty bad RB to score only 3 TDs on 330+ touches.

What about an RB who scores 10 TDs on 304 touches, which is what Fournette did in 2017?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

What about an RB who scores 10 TDs on 304 touches, which is what Fournette did in 2017?

I'd call that average.

Nothing worth putting up with how bad of a locker room guy that he can be.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

TDs can be somewhat unpredictable but I’d agree that this is a symptom of a lethargic offense.  My preference for LF is he stays in Jax and gets big volume again.    A timeshare really hurts a rb like this.   

TDs can fluctuate I just don't think Fournette is an explosive player. He is naturally lackadazical. He has a bad attitude

Maybe his olinemen don't like blocking for a jerk at the goal line? 

He should just run in some TDs from 60+ yards out.

3 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

JAX didnt have a good offense but its not like theyre completely void of talent with guys like Chark. Conley and Westbrook. Minshew was good considering nothing was expected of him. Fournette would probably do a lot worse in KC anyways. JAX seems like the perfect team for him.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Evincar said:

JAX didnt have a good offense but its not like theyre completely void of talent with guys like Chark. Conley and Westbrook. Minshew was good considering nothing was expected of him. Fournette would probably do a lot worse in KC anyways. JAX seems like the perfect team for him.

Huh? Give me Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Watkins over Minshew, Chark, Conley, Westbrook.

Edited by Lamont Sanford

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He can dream of what that would be like while never getting to experience it. I doubt the chiefs commit 4 Million next year to a head case like Fournette who could ruin your locker room and then potentially 5 million or more to sign him long term?

I’m not a proponent of signing him long term but 4M for one year is fine.

Fournette won’t ruin the locker room. He’s been throwing fits in JAX because they literally traded everyone worth a damn away. I’m not condoning his actions but I’m sure once traded to a legitimate team he will be fine.

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He’s been throwing fits in JAX because they literally traded everyone worth a damn away.

While simultaneously allowing Minshew to do his best uncle rico impersonation as the new face of the franchise 😂

3 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Huh? Give me Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Watkins over Minshew, Chark, Conley, Westbrook.

Except there's no guarantee Fournette gets the same volume he does in KC. JAX GM drafted him 3rd overall so there's incentive to use him like a workhorse RB. Not to mention he might not even be a good fit for the KC system. 

Fournette's fantasy outlook takes a nosedive if he gets traded.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'd call that average.

Nothing worth putting up with how bad of a locker room guy that he can be.

Last season, only 4 RBs given a total of 300+ touches mustered 10 TDs - the others had 3, 8, 9, 8, and 4.  Why would you call that “average”?

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Except there's no guarantee Fournette gets the same volume he does in KC. JAX GM drafted him 3rd overall so there's incentive to use him like a workhorse RB. Not to mention he might not even be a good fit for the KC system. 

Fournette's fantasy outlook takes a nosedive if he gets traded.

A dip in volume is easily overcome by far more TD opportunities. 1 TD makes up for lots of volume. You can’t really think that Fournette’s fantasy production would be better on a crappy JAX offense than an awesome KC offense. Would Zeke being traded to JAX be cause for Zeke owners to celebrate?

Edited by Lamont Sanford

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Last season, only 4 RBs given a total of 300+ touches mustered 10 TDs - why would you call that “average”?

I don't think that is very much for a high first round draft pick for that many touches.

Henry had 12 TDs on 230 touches last year with Marcus Mariota and Blaine Gabbert as his QBs.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I don't think that is very much for a high first round draft pick for that many touches.

Henry had 12 TDs on 230 touches last year with Marcus Mariota as his QB.

Henry had 5 TDs in GS by Mariota.  I don’t understand your point.  And he ran behind an elite run-blocking line.  JAX’s line and play-calling was atrocious last year.

Edited by BMcP

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

JAX’s line and play-calling was atrocious last year.

Not to mention they were rarely playing with a lead and constantly throwing even at the goalline. Not that they could even run block down there in the first place.

• Like 1