dewaser

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

Just now, kp96 said:

Omg you totally got me

Sorry man, my bad, I effed up on this one. Guess I got too overexcited, lol.

• Like 1

Seems like a pats thing to most likely take him. Are the bucs and the bears the only teams where he retains value. Before he was cut he was a 4th round pick in a 12 teamer. Now he is only worth a flier after round 12.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Seems like a pats thing to most likely take him. Are the bucs and the bears the only teams where he retains value. Before he was cut he was a 4th round pick in a 12 teamer. Now he is only worth a flier after round 12.

you’d really rather have an rb like Bryce love or Carlos Hyde or a wr like Robby Anderson? That’s what you’re getting at round 12+.

imagine not wanting to gamble on an rb1 and have that kind of stuff instead...

I’m not sure yet where I’d draft fournette if I drafted today. Any point in the mid rounds and he’s looking appealing. Off the top of my head in a 12 team league round 7? I just know there’s no way in hell he lasts to round 12.

But this is yet another reason why you shouldn’t draft until as close to the season as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

you’d really rather have an rb like Bryce love or Carlos Hyde or a wr like Robby Anderson? That’s what you’re getting at round 12+.

imagine not wanting to gamble on an rb1 and have that kind of stuff instead...

I’m not sure yet where I’d draft fournette if I drafted today. Any point in the mid rounds and he’s looking appealing. Off the top of my head in a 12 team league round 7? I just know there’s no way in hell he lasts to round 12.

But this is yet another reason why you shouldn’t draft until as close to the season as possible.

Once you hit like pick 60-70 you starting hitting guys like Brieda, Howard, K. Johnson, Lindsay, and other RBs in that tier.

I would take Fournette over all of them if I drafted today. Which means he should be going in the 55-65 range. 

Edited by Gohawks

26 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Once you hit like pick 60-70 you starting hitting guys like Brieda, Howard, K. Johnson, Lindsay, and other RBs in that tier.

I would take Fournette over all of them if I drafted today. Which means he should be going in the 55-65 range. 

Very reasonable. That would be 5th round ish. And yeah 7th round he’s prob not available honestly. Was just talking off the top of my head, everyone is going to have a different risk tolerance. Just round 12+ is obviously ridiculous IMO

I offered mack, freeman, and armstead and just got rejected, take it as you see, i want to get fournette before he signs

whatbyou need to think, if u already drafted, there is a big emotional vesting in the round theybtook them, so that player cannot fathom taking the pride to value his new “adp”

14 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I offered mack, freeman, and armstead and just got rejected, take it as you see, i want to get fournette before he signs

whatbyou need to think, if u already drafted, there is a big emotional vesting in the round theybtook them, so that player cannot fathom taking the pride to value his new “adp”

And that's fair enough. If you've giving up a 3rd round pick for what amounts to a 7th, why not wait and see where he lands. What's the worst that happens, you get a 10th for him instead?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Yea well thanks alot, i over offered in a trade from this tweet, now i need to veto my own trade haha

edit:  i didnt veto and the trade is still proposed, in case you all cared haha

I mean... if it hasn't already been accepted, nothing wrong with pulling it 

2 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Very reasonable. That would be 5th round ish. And yeah 7th round he’s prob not available honestly. Was just talking off the top of my head, everyone is going to have a different risk tolerance. Just round 12+ is obviously ridiculous IMO

He went 7th round in a 12 team ppr draft I had tonight 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

He is gonna land somewhere, worst case scenario, 7th 

14 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

If Lenny is smart he will sign with KC. Even if it is sitting behind Helaire, it isn't a bad spot to be. They have a great shot to repeat.

Fournette doesn't come across to me as the type who gives a crap how his team does.  No locker room cancer is team oriented.  He's gonna go somewhere he will play right away and earn himself a payday. 

He COULD play a lot in KC, by the way.  Helaire may be good but we've seen the rookie RB hype machine plenty of times (...cough cough David Montgomery cough cough...).  Fournette might look at that situation and say "all I gotta do is beat out a rookie and I'm gonna have huge numbers".

3 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Fournette doesn't come across to me as the type who gives a crap how his team does.  No locker room cancer is team oriented.  He's gonna go somewhere he will play right away and earn himself a payday. 

He COULD play a lot in KC, by the way.  Helaire may be good but we've seen the rookie RB hype machine plenty of times (...cough cough David Montgomery cough cough...).  Fournette might look at that situation and say "all I gotta do is beat out a rookie and I'm gonna have huge numbers".

I don’t see KC picking him up.  Their team chemistry is so strong right now.  Why risk bringing in a potential cancer like Lenny.  I think he will go somewhere more desperate and already looking to shake things up.  Picking up Fournette right now is picking up a grenade.  

16 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

I don’t see KC picking him up.  Their team chemistry is so strong right now.  Why risk bringing in a potential cancer like Lenny.  I think he will go somewhere more desperate and already looking to shake things up.  Picking up Fournette right now is picking up a grenade.  

A lot of teams and coaches don't think that way.  They think they can bring in a troublemaker and their culture is so strong that this guy will be reformed in their system.  The Pats, for example, definitely believe this.  They key is to sign him with minimal guaranteed money so that, if they do actually have to cut bait, it's not too expensive.

Fournette should command a decent amount of money as a 1000 yard rusher, but it will also be a prove-it deal since his market is soft.

1 minute ago, kp96 said:

A lot of teams and coaches don't think that way.  They think they can bring in a troublemaker and their culture is so strong that this guy will be reformed in their system.  The Pats, for example, definitely believe this.  They key is to sign him with minimal guaranteed money so that, if they do actually have to cut bait, it's not too expensive.

Fournette should command a decent amount of money as a 1000 yard rusher, but it will also be a prove-it deal since his market is soft.

The issue now is Lenny thinks he’s worth more than what the market will bare. Once he realizes this, he either comes to grip and signs a cheap deal or waits for a significant injury with the hopes he will get more money.

25 minutes ago, kp96 said:

there are only 4 situations where a malcontent can be reigned in:

Hoodie

KoolAid/Homie

Payton/Breez

RahRah Petey/St. Russel

those are the most respected, tenured, successful lockerrooms out there. 

... all the rest would get eaten alive. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1

This dude ruined my season a few years ago when I took him at 5 about 5 positions higher then his ADP because I expected him to blow up. First game of season he is on pace for 200 yards and hurts his hammy.... All season was in and out..... Please don't ruin my season now and go to KC where I took CEH at 5. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

He went 11th in my 12 team PPR league, people are really scared of these situations lmao with holdouts etc etc in past years I don't think many want to risk it.

16 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

This dude ruined my season a few years ago when I took him at 5 about 5 positions higher then his ADP because I expected him to blow up. First game of season he is on pace for 200 yards and hurts his hammy.... All season was in and out..... Please don't ruin my season now and go to KC where I took CEH at 5. 

Should have taken Henry that year you took fournette and this year.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Haha 1

This guy is being treated like a leper by the NFL.  Anybody got the inside scoop on just how bad he was in the locker room?  What was he doing?  Farting in people's faces?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, kp96 said:

This guy is being treated like a leper by the NFL.  Anybody got the inside scoop on just how bad he was in the locker room?  What was he doing?  Farting in people's faces?

The only cure is for him to sign with Touchdown Jesus, Pat Mahomes.

H5_gAE.gif

I'm hearing it's Pats and Bills talked about the most for him.

Edited by MetsSox

Just now, Tommy Lee Jones said:

For the Bears to come out and say that they’re good with Cohen and Cordarelle is not exactly high praise for our guy.  

Shew, Cordarelle really lol