dewaser

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Henry had 5 TDs in GS by Mariota.  I don’t understand your point.  And he ran behind an elite run-blocking line.  JAX’s line and play-calling was atrocious last year.

I meant 2018 for Henry. Fournette hasn't had 10 rushing TDs in a season since 2017.

My point is Fournette is not worth the on field production for the negativity he provides to a team.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Just now, sSektor said:

Not to mention they were rarely playing with a lead and constantly throwing even at the goalline. Not that they could even run block down there in the first place.

Not to mention Smith’s playcalling was light-years better than JAX’s.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I meant 2018 for Henry. Fournette hasn't had 10 rushing TDs in a season since 2017.

My point is Fournette is not worth the on field production for the negativity he provides to a team.

If that was your point, then why do you assume he would continue to have a negative attitude if he were traded to a contending team that knew how to properly utilize a bellcow back?  The 2017 Jaguars were most definitely a contending team that almost made it to the SB.

Edited by BMcP

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

If that was your point, then why do you assume he would continue to have a negative attitude if he were traded to a contending team that knew how to properly utilize a bellcow back?  The 2017 Jaguars were most definitely a contending team that almost made it to the SB.

Only what I've seen from him since high school. Fighting with coaches and teammates, throwing people under the bus, playing when he wants to. Maybe a change of scenery helps him but I don't think so.

I think the jags coaching staff knows the kind of RB Leonard Fournette is. I mean, they get to see him in practice every day, right? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Only what I've seen from him since high school. Fighting with coaches and teammates, throwing people under the bus, playing when he wants to. Maybe a change of scenery helps him but I don't think so.

I think the jags coaching staff knows the kind of RB Leonard Fournette is. I mean, they get to see him in practice every day, right? 

14 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

A dip in volume is easily overcome by far more TD opportunities. 1 TD makes up for lots of volume. You can’t really think that Fournette’s fantasy production would be better on a crappy JAX offense than an awesome KC offense. Would Zeke being traded to JAX be cause for Zeke owners to celebrate?

Yes Fournette is better off getting tons of volume and garbage time stats on JAX than being in a timeshare with Williams in KC. Besides if gets well over 300 touches again on JAX he'll score more than 3 tds lol.

Not sure Zeke has to do with anything. Everyone knows he's a much better RB than Fournette.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Adam Gase didn't know what kind of RB Kenyan Drake was and he coached him for years. Coaches can and often are too stubborn to do the obvious.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

True - but I think regardless of his attitude, the Jags correctly realize they need to re-stock picks in the midst of a total rebuild.  It doesn’t make sense for them to keep him.

5 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Yes Fournette is better off getting tons of volume and garbage time stats on JAX than being in a timeshare with Williams in KC. Besides if gets well over 300 touches again on JAX he'll score more than 3 tds lol.

Not sure Zeke has to do with anything. Everyone knows he's a much better RB than Fournette.

I agree , he’s a bruiser type who needs alot of touches. Not that he would do bad in KC . He just had a very unlucky year , I don’t see that ever happening again if he comes anywhere near 300 .

21 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Adam Gase didn't know what kind of RB Kenyan Drake was and he coached him for years. Coaches can and often are too stubborn to do the obvious.

I know

36 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Why cheapen your post with an unnecessary “lol” at the end? 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Why cheapen your post with an unnecessary “lol” at the end? 

@Evincar, my apologies for this reply. I believe I misinterpreted your intent.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 3

I'm still a fan at the right price if his situation is good enough.  I think his receiving inefficiencies were exacerbated by teams knowing he was the safety valve and his QB being inaccurate.  It's not like he dropped a bunch of passes.  His 6% drop rate was slightly worse than McCaffrey (4.9%), Kamara (5.2%), Barkley (5.5%), and Zeke (5.6%)...but better than Gordon (7.3%), Chubb (8.2%), Cohen (8.7%), Cook (11.1%), and Gurley (14.3%, yikes).

His yards after catch per reception (7.3) was in line with Zeke's (7.3) and Kamara's (7.5).  To give context, outliers in either direction were Cohen (5.4), Freeman (5.8), David Johnson (6.2), Gurley (6.3) as well as McCaffrey (8.8), A. Jones (8.8), Mixon (9.5), Ekeler (10.2), and Cook (11.2).

To me these numbers indicate he is a capable, if average receiver.

I expect his rushing TD's to increase unless he is in a strict time share.  There are still a lot of undetermined variables that will be hashed out before the beginning of the season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WEIL3R said:

I'm still a fan at the right price if his situation is good enough.  I think his receiving inefficiencies were exacerbated by teams knowing he was the safety valve and his QB being inaccurate.  It's not like he dropped a bunch of passes.  His 6% drop rate was slightly worse than McCaffrey (4.9%), Kamara (5.2%), Barkley (5.5%), and Zeke (5.6%)...but better than Gordon (7.3%), Chubb (8.2%), Cohen (8.7%), Cook (11.1%), and Gurley (14.3%, yikes).

His yards after catch per reception (7.3) was in line with Zeke's (7.3) and Kamara's (7.5).  To give context, outliers in either direction were Cohen (5.4), Freeman (5.8), David Johnson (6.2), Gurley (6.3) as well as McCaffrey (8.8), A. Jones (8.8), Mixon (9.5), Ekeler (10.2), and Cook (11.2).

To me these numbers indicate he is a capable, if average receiver.

I expect his rushing TD's to increase unless he is in a strict time share.  There are still a lot of undetermined variables that will be hashed out before the beginning of the season.

I agree with all of this - Fournette is unfairly derided for his lack of efficiency.  I say - “Who cares?”  If he stays in JAX, he will be a borderline RB1 in fantasy.

On 4/21/2020 at 3:15 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think everyone heard you the first 20 times that Fournette is a bad teammate and locker room guy. You don’t need to have it in every single post. 

Fournette would do good in KC in part because Williams isn’t a very good RB. 

• Haha 1

Updated projections for Trent Richardson 2.0. 

Getting a guy who 2 out of the 3 years struggled to make 4 ypc

won't play 16 games

Jaguars offense 

probably will fight some fans by week 4.

TR.jpg

Have a feeling he's gonna get traded tonight. 

15 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

won't play 16 games

Jaguars offense 

TR.jpg

The picture you posted summaries your post pretty well...

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports there has been "zero movement" on a potential Leonard Fournette trade. 

Fowler hints that could change heading into Day 2 of the draft on Friday evening, but it is not surprising. Fournette won't be fetching a first-round pick, so there is no urgency on the part of teams who might be taking a look. Fournette was woefully inefficient on massive 2019 volume, giving himself the look of an ill-advised early running back pick that is simply not going to pan out. 

19 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Fournette would do good in KC in part because Williams isn’t a very good RB. 

Williams isnt anything special but he seems to fit their offense quite well.

18 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

won't play 16 games

Jaguars offense 

TR.jpg

Ouch TRich is a harsh comparison lol. Honestly I think Fournette is pretty similar to Jordan Howard.

Fournette has had some character issues in the past but last year I think he put a lot of his demons to bed. He worked out all offseason last year alone in Colorado to help reflect. Last year he was on a True dumpster fire of a team. They gave up and started to try to acquire assets for players, started a mediocre rookie qb Instead of the 60 million dollar bum they signed in the offseason and he only got 3TDs and what seemed like no goal line opportunities last year and ya never heard a peep from him.
This kid is clearly an above average back he’s more explosive than Jordan Howard and a far better receiver than him. He’s a real freak of nature to be honest Devin white (the top 10 pick linebacker from LSU who ran a 4.3 40) said fournette is the freakiest athlete he ever seen in college.

2 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Fournette has had some character issues in the past but last year I think he put a lot of his demons to bed. He worked out all offseason last year alone in Colorado to help reflect. Last year he was on a True dumpster fire of a team. They gave up and started to try to acquire assets for players, started a mediocre rookie qb Instead of the 60 million dollar bum they signed in the offseason and he only got 3TDs and what seemed like no goal line opportunities last year and ya never heard a peep from him.
This kid is clearly an above average back he’s more explosive than Jordan Howard and a far better receiver than him. He’s a real freak of nature to be honest Devin white (the top 10 pick linebacker from LSU who ran a 4.3 40) said fournette is the freakiest athlete he ever seen in college.

I tend to agree with a lot of this but my sense is his value is about is low with real-life GMs as it is in here. 

If he gets traded into a time share or if JAX puts him in one it's likely curtains for LF's legacy as a 3-down back.

Posted (edited)

I know theres talks to him being traded, i havent read the thread, but i think it comes down to contract, he who trades for him has to pay him

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins