dewaser

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

24 minutes ago, BMcP said:

A lot of hype for a guy whose coach describes him as an “insurance policy.”

I feel bad for people that believe anything Bruce Arians says about his backfield. Must be a rollercoaster ride of heartbreak.

Edited by paulwall29

51 minutes ago, BMcP said:

A lot of hype for a guy whose coach describes him as an “insurance policy.”

Coaches can say whatever they want.  Here is the rule for all 32 teams - everyone completes and the best player plays.  Arians may even believe that it's Rojo's job today, but if Fournette outperforms him in practice and on the field, he will change his tune right away.  He's got Brady there who wants another championship before he turns 60 next year, so there's no "let's develop our talent".  The best player will play.

The only thing we should be asking ourselves is - is Fournette better than Rojo?  I think he is.  Rojo couldn't even beat out Peyton Barber.

Arian's statement conveys something to each player - 1) "Rojo, I didn't sign Fournette to automatically start....keep working and the job is still yours," 2.)  "Fournette....you have to earn the starting gig."  It motivates both of them, which is exactly what you want.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll say this...Fournette is about to get a wake-up call about the expectations of a championship QB. He won’t get away with laziness or missed assignments or wrong routes or not knowing the playbook. Brady will shout him off the field and call for whoever will do the job right. Brady won’t put up with anything less than his best. This guy has been able to mostly have his way and perceive himself as the alpha since middle school. No more. Brady may end up being the best thing that’s ever happened to Fournette. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I’ll say this...Fournette is about to get a wake-up call about the expectations of a championship QB. He won’t get away with laziness or missed assignments or wrong routes or not knowing the playbook. Brady will shout him off the field and call for whoever will do the job right. Brady won’t put up with anything less than his best. This guy has been able to mostly have his way and perceive himself as the alpha since middle school. No more. Brady may end up being the best thing that’s ever happened to Fournette. 

Sink or swim. Running out of chances.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Sink or swim. Running out of chances.

Totally agree. Brady also won’t put up with any attitude from him. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Can't be worse than Ronald Jones' work ethic.

• Haha 3

excellent post 👍

• Thanks 1

Been in that boat, worked sfor a terrible company, killed my mindset, got a new job under great leads, i busted my a**

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of him being on TB. Feels too crowded, we know Brady will target the receivers and his buddy Gronk most of the time. Then the RB feels like committee, he's clearly the #1 choice but if Brady has any say in it, they all get touches probably.

4 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

I feel bad for people that believe anything Bruce Arians says about his backfield. Must be a rollercoaster ride of heartbreak.

Vaughn is gonna kill it this year

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, devaster said:

Can't be worse than Ronald Jones' work ethic.

Jones’s “work ethic” has been impeccable.  Need to go elsewhere here to speak ill of him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I just think you are drawing conclusions when their careers are far from over. I also think system and opportunity has as much to do with a players success in the NFL then anything. Look at Raheem Mostert for example, gets into the right system and the opportunity and he blows up. This is after being on something like 7 teams. Fournette's qbs have been Bortles, Cody Kessler, Mishew, and Foles (I think a half). Fournette has faced stacked boxes his entire career, something those other guys have not had to do. 

I draw conclusions based on what a player has shown me in their NFL career thus far. While the Jaguars offense was pathetic last season, Fournette hasn't shown me that he's a playmaker like any of the other guys I mentioned. I'm not even really hating on Fournette, he's great for fantasy because he was getting the volume, but running into the line of scrimmage over and over again aren't the makings of a special talent. Those other guys I mentioned do more with less.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, n4sa said:

I draw conclusions based on what a player has shown me in their NFL career thus far. While the Jaguars offense was pathetic last season, Fournette hasn't shown me that he's a playmaker like any of the other guys I mentioned. I'm not even really hating on Fournette, he's great for fantasy because he was getting the volume, but running into the line of scrimmage over and over again aren't the makings of a special talent. Those other guys I mentioned do more with less.

Watch the tape he is an elite talent. 230 runs a 4.5 good catch %.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

kudos to Lenny Snaps 📸

...that is some inspired social mediaz manipulation 😄

• Like 1

I'd put him in the 3rd rd now. I'd take just behind Carson and ahead of gurley, Melvin, and Taylor

15 hours ago, BMcP said:

Jones’s “work ethic” has been impeccable.  Need to go elsewhere here to speak ill of him.

I definitely should have used my crystal ball to predict that he would miss significant training camp time by being on the COVID list leading to the team signing McCoy and the Jags being incompetent and handing over Fournette to the Bucs. My bad, however, my theory of Ronald Jones being mediocre and not the future of the Bucs backfield remains spot on ;)

ideal landing spot. very comfortable taking fournette in the 3rd round.

On 9/3/2020 at 8:25 PM, decodeddreams said:

I'm not a fan of him being on TB. Feels too crowded, we know Brady will target the receivers and his buddy Gronk most of the time. Then the RB feels like committee, he's clearly the #1 choice but if Brady has any say in it, they all get touches probably.

I feel he was hand picked by Brady, just my opinion but this screams a Legarette Blount like player and Brady loved having him down by the goal line.  So I feel this may be a good move for Fournette, but I did gamble on him so it could just be me hoping for a breakout lol.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteRob443 said:

I feel he was hand picked by Brady, just my opinion but this screams a Legarette Blount like player and Brady loved having him down by the goal line.  So I feel this may be a good move for Fournette, but I did gamble on him so it could just be me hoping for a breakout lol.

what’s the trade value like now for him? Rb2 and wr2? Too much? Feels like it’s a crAzy crapshoot now- but fournette could easily be Chris Carson 2.0 in this offense which would be a 2nd rounder. Jones isn’t a slouch tho 

11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

what’s the trade value like now for him? Rb2 and wr2? Too much? Feels like it’s a crAzy crapshoot now- but fournette could easily be Chris Carson 2.0 in this offense which would be a 2nd rounder. Jones isn’t a slouch tho 

You can probably get like a Brandin Cooks for him right now. He has no great value until he plays and Arians shows his cards.

• Like 1

I would be all over this guy's potential upside in Dynasty.

This guy ran a 4.51 second 40-yard dash weighing in at 240 lbs at the combine.

Legarrette Blount only reach double-digit receptions 3 times in his entire almost decade long career (15 receptions in 2011, his second year with the Bucs, 10 in 2014, while splitting time between the Patriots and Eagles, and 10 in 2018 with the Lions).

Leonard Fournette was targeted 100 times last season alone and caught 76 receptions.

If there's anyone to unlock his potential, it's Brady and Bruce Arians.

Maybe you've heard of a guy named Rashard Mendenhall:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MendRa00.htm

And just MAYBE you've heard of a guy named David Johnson (6'1" / 224 lbs):

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/230/david-johnson/stats

You know, when David Johnson was targeted 120 times and caught 80 passes under the coaching of Bruce Arians?  Scored 20 total TDs (16 rushing + 4 receiving) plus 1,239 rushing yards and 879 receiving yards?

tenor.gif?itemid=7953610

Are any of you even paying attention?

• Haha 1

He’s only been relevant because of volume, not talent. He took a top-2 workload and converted it into an RB7 finish. Not impressive. Glad the NFL is finally catching up and seeing Fournette as the overrated JAG he’s always been. 

• Like 2

Just now, joshua18 said:

He’s only been relevant because of volume, not talent. He took a top-2 workload and converted it into an RB7 finish. Not impressive. Glad the NFL is finally catching up and seeing Fournette as the overrated JAG he’s always been. 

Because the defense is going to be so busy keying on Fournette while Tom Brady plays catch with Gronk, Mike Evans, Godwin, and OJ Howard.

Cause Brady totally has no idea how to dump off the ball to his RB, amiright?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Because the defense is going to be so busy keying on Fournette while Tom Brady plays catch with Gronk, Mike Evans, Godwin, and OJ Howard.

Cause Brady totally has no idea how to dump off the ball to his RB, amiright?

He’s a worse pass blocker than Rojo was last year by nearly every metric. Putting him in on 3rd downs will get Brady killed. Yet another reason Fournette the JAG is overrated. The TB OL isn’t nearly as good as the NE OL was.

But it’s hard to focus on those facts when all you’re doing is drooling over LSU highlights, amirite?