dewaser

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

This entire backfield is a mess. It's like the NE backfield. Nobody is startable in Fantasy.

Fournette and Jones splitting 1st/2nd down carries, washed up Shady passing-down Back with Vaughn sprinkled in late.

Like I said...nobody is startable.

Avoid TB's entire backfield just like you should avoid NE's entire backfield. Just don't even bother - why put yourself through this headache? Not worth it. Invest elsewhere.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Bruce Arians has lied in the past about his plans. Actions speak louder than words + Fournette seems very happy he's on tampa. See his twitter below. I think fournette wanted to go somewhere he'd play a lot and somewhere he could win. Also his words, below:

per Michael DiRocco of ESPN:

"At the end of the day, I want to win. Who doesn't want to win? I came from a 2017 season with a team who was 10-6, we had [a good] talent level and then the next couple of years went down the drain. So I just want to address a lot of things, too, especially since the media came out and said I was an angry guy. No. 1, would you be angry if you're losing week in and week out? That is one of my biggest problems; I do get upset when we lose and it takes me a while to get over it. I expect, just like anybody else, if you put the work in, you want the W, but a lot of times last year it didn't go like that.

"I guess they kind of misinterpreted that, and don't get me wrong, I was upset from the losing, but that's just the winner in me. That's any guy who plays this professional level of sports."

You honestly think Brady has no input here? This meme is about the same as Elon Musk's twitter tweets like when he said on 5/1 at 8:11 am Tesla stock too high. 5 to 1 stock split on August 11. This meme speaks volumes. Fournette is the man. Brady deemed it so. Fournette is happy. And Arians isn't giving **** away to the media.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

This entire backfield is a mess. It's like the NE backfield. Nobody is startable in Fantasy.

Fournette and Jones splitting 1st/2nd down carries, washed up Shady passing-down Back with Vaughn sprinkled in late.

Like I said...nobody is startable.

Avoid TB's entire backfield just like you should avoid NE's entire backfield. Just don't even bother - why put yourself through this headache? Not worth it. Invest elsewhere.

Shady couldn't beat out two jags in KC and Jones couldn't beat out Peyton Barber. Do the math.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Shady couldn't beat out two jags in KC and Jones couldn't beat out Peyton Barber. Do the math.

Yeah this doesn't seem like a difficult backfield to take over. Fournette is a beast. Been watching since LSU and he still worked hard on a pathetic loser jax team. The narrative that he's a cancer or headcase seems like justification for jax tanking. Seems like a guy that wants to win and doesn't embrace a losing culture.

Edited by fawkes_mulder

6 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Yeah this doesn't seem like a difficult backfield to take over. Fournette is a beast. Been watching since LSU and he still worked hard on a pathetic loser jax team. The narrative that he's a cancer or headcase seems like justification for jax tanking. Seems like a guy that wants to win and doesn't embrace a losing culture.

Eh, that team got to the afc championship where they were jobbed out by the officials

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

Eh, that team got to the afc championship where they were jobbed out by the officials

That team was great. Since then they've sucked. Fournette frustrated they're not meeting the standard of that squad.

Who said Arians is a liar?  Yeah.  Only way to tell is if his mouth is moving and sounds are emitting.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jjbooda said:

He is going in the 10th/11th on yahoo right now....sign me up....

Round 10/11 ? If that is true Yahoo is for yahooooooooooos ... 

fantasy  pros they have him at 51 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Fournette eventually takes over this backfield, he could be useful, but not 6th round useful.  And relying on Bruce Arians quotes for fantasy purposes is a hazardous pastime.

I got him in the 8th (10 Team) as my #4 (Zeke, Mixon, Conner - Leo)

50 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

I got him in the 8th (10 Team) as my #4 (Zeke, Mixon, Conner - Leo)

It seems your team will be quite competitive against the other elementary school-age team managers you are likely competing against.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You want him and you haven’t drafted and you’re in a competitive 12 team league, he likely won’t be available in round 5. 

Edited by fawkes_mulder

7 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

You want him and you haven’t drafted and you’re in a competitive 12 team league, he likely won’t be available in round 5. 

I just did a best ball draft on FFPC and he went early round 4.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It seems your team will be quite competitive against the other elementary school-age team managers you are likely competing against.

Yeah it was a strange draft.  I got Zeke at the 6th pick.  Henry was taken 3rd and Thomas 5th (Cook 4th).  Figured I have to take Leo in the 6th (didn’t think Conner would be available either, more likely a good rook).  

Pretty competitive home league, all 30-40 yo, and all seem to have decent teams.  Few went WR heavy so idkwtf.  I just took what was available.  Finished projected 5th after draft (2020 team in sig) 

In the interest of avoiding repeating last year’s Damien Williams vs McCoy debate, I’ll reiterate what I wrote in the RoJo thread:

Bottom line: Ronald Jones has shown that he cannot win the bell cow role. His ceiling is slightly above a 50/50 split. 

Fournette has shown he can handle a bell cow role so it’s reasonable to assume this is his ceiling. However, his attitude, work ethic, effort, injury history, new team‘s offense, inability to get any trade interest from other teams or whatever other question mark definitely clouds/blemishes his projections/expectations.

Now what will happen in reality is somewhere between those 2 opposite spectrums. Temper and gauge based on those expectations and draft accordingly based on those expectations.

• Like 4

On 9/3/2020 at 8:25 PM, decodeddreams said:

I'm not a fan of him being on TB. Feels too crowded, we know Brady will target the receivers and his buddy Gronk most of the time. Then the RB feels like committee, he's clearly the #1 choice but if Brady has any say in it, they all get touches probably.

I feel like some of you may be overblowing the hands to feed in this offense?

McCoy is 32 and down the stretch was absolute TOAST. He averaged 3.0 YPC over the back half of last year on the most dynamic offense in the league. Terrible 3.0% fumbling rate. He couldn't beat out the following names for snaps: Damien Williams, Darwin Thompson, Darrel Williams, Spencer Ware. Inactive in the Super Bowl. There's a high chance he's toast in real NFL games.

RoJo spent all of 2019 in a timeshare with Peyton Barber and Dare Owumbouwa, Owumbouwa, legitimately two of the worst RBs on NFL rosters in 2019. He was the quote on quote starter, and yet over the back half of the season averaged only 10 carries per game. Every one seems to be putting a lot of stock into coach speak of Arians despite the fact that every time RoJo misses an assignment he gets benched.

I'm in on Fournette.

• Like 2

“RoJo's our guy, Shady [McCoy] is ready for his role, so it's just gonna be building roles as we go along and having enough quality players to finish this thing."

When asked about how signing Fournette and McCoy could be seen as an indictment on Jones -- particularly because Jones' hands are still a work in progress -- Arians said, "It's his job. Nothing's changed for him. We've just added a heck of a piece of insurance and [we'll] see what kind of role he can cut out. But RoJo -- it's his job if he wins it or loses it. He's already got it, so he's gonna have to screw it up. I don't see that happening."

Arians said Fournette's role is to be determined, but because of the position's high propensity for injuries, the coach thought the team could make a move and carve out a role for Fournette later.”

Bottom line:  don’t pay for chewy old chicken when you can get the marinated steak that is Rojo fresh off the fire.   

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Bottom line:  don’t pay for chewy old chicken when you can get the marinated steak that is Rojo fresh off the fire.   

So now are we believing everything that comes out of a coaches mouth? 

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

So now are we believing everything that comes out of a coaches mouth? 

dunno, but i'm hungry now

🥩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly I have no idea who is the lead back in Tampa. One thing that is a given Tom is leading the Bucs to the Super Bowl 

• Haha 2

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

dunno, but i'm hungry now

🥩

Damn right I just had a hard boiled egg &  a 1/2 of a half peanut butter and homemade raspberry jelly 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

“RoJo's our guy, Shady [McCoy] is ready for his role, so it's just gonna be building roles as we go along and having enough quality players to finish this thing."

When asked about how signing Fournette and McCoy could be seen as an indictment on Jones -- particularly because Jones' hands are still a work in progress -- Arians said, "It's his job. Nothing's changed for him. We've just added a heck of a piece of insurance and [we'll] see what kind of role he can cut out. But RoJo -- it's his job if he wins it or loses it. He's already got it, so he's gonna have to screw it up. I don't see that happening."

Arians said Fournette's role is to be determined, but because of the position's high propensity for injuries, the coach thought the team could make a move and carve out a role for Fournette later.”

Arians talked up RoJo all 2019 pre-season just to have him split carries with Peyton "3.0 YPC" Barber.

Nothing screams coach's vote of confidence for a RB like signing multiple starters from other teams and drafting another in the 3rd round.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Arians talked up RoJo all 2019 pre-season just to have him split carries with Peyton "3.0 YPC" Barber.

Nothing screams coach's vote of confidence for a RB like signing multiple starters from other teams and drafting another in the 3rd round.

Rojo was basically a 22 year old rookie last season.  (2018 redshirt).   

If you actually WATCH his tape-  it’s very flashy.   Don’t mistake youth and need for physical/mental development with lack of talent.  

So what tier of RBs is he in now?  After the Taylor/Mostert/Ingram group?

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

So what tier of RBs is he in now?  After the Taylor/Mostert/Ingram group?

I'd say that's about right...for now.