dewaser

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Even against Denver? 

They’re going to have a field day against Denver. Fournette should see plenty volume because Buccs will dominate time of possession 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Even against Denver? 

Broncos d-line is pretty banged up this weekend with three regular rotation guys out. Might be a great opportunity for LF and Tampa to wear them down as the game goes along. 

He ran for 220 2 against their D in DEN last year too.  No fear.  LF loves the altitude. 

• Like 1

Definitely a start but i think the bucs will still attempt to do a healthy split. Hoping fournette continues his takeover but i can see a 60/40 as they continue to give rojo a shot and spell fournette. Obviously hoping for a full takeover this week still

There is nothing about this offense that suggests that their passing game is ready to fire on all cylinders.

Split or no split, sooner or later Fournette will be leaned on in a way that isn’t just mop up duty.

The haters really don’t remember last year clearly. It was a TD drought that capped his value. 

Unlike his teammates who clearly quit he played hard until the end. He is also at least a serviceable(and even high volume) pass catcher if necessary which is tantamount to Tom Brady’s walker.

On 9/22/2020 at 11:38 PM, Uncle_Ruckus said:

They’re going to have a field day against Denver. Fournette should see plenty volume because Buccs will dominate time of possession 

He had over 225 rush yards against a better Denver defense last year!!!!

I’m not sure how usage will be divided in the Tampa backfield this week, but are some people actually scared of the Denver defense? It ain’t 2016 anymore. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 8:30 PM, yardimatt said:

Very encouraging production from Leonard in week 2. CEH has a tough matchup this week and I’m seriously considering starting Leonard over CEH. 

Do not do that

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I’m not sure how usage will be divided in the Tampa backfield this week, but are some people actually scared of the Denver defense? It ain’t 2016 anymore. 

Not with the Bucs as good favorites and their D making plays against Driskel...but playing at denver is tough for anyone due to the altitude. 

Fournette seems like a solid play in this one.  We may even get to see Vaughn play a few snaps if the game gets out of hand.

Trade for him everywhere you can, immediately. This will be the last week you can get him for a bargain. He is THE guy, and he'll put up RB1 numbers the rest of the way. I'd be heavily targeting him in any league I didn't have him. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Trade for him everywhere you can, immediately. This will be the last week you can get him for a bargain. He is THE guy, and he'll put up RB1 numbers the rest of the way. I'd be heavily targeting him in any league I didn't have him. 

I think the ship has as already sailed. Someone offered me Fournette or T.Hill (with a straight face) last night. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I think the ship has as already sailed. Someone offered me Fournette or T.Hill (with a straight face) last night. 

You didn't accept?

(just kidding)

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Not with the Bucs as good favorites and their D making plays against Driskel...but playing at denver is tough for anyone due to the altitude. 

J Casey and S Harris limited practices yesterday.  Those are the primary run stoppers for Denver-  and make no mistake-  they are very tough sledding. 

If out....Bucs backs become quite intriguing.   

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, BGDDYKWL said:

You better be right. He is only one that can handle all 3 downs. RJ couldn’t even beat out peyton barber last year. Lets go Lenny!!

• Haha 1

Coming on here to eat some crow. I wasn't wrong about Jones, he was his usual mediocre "meh" self today... but I was wrong about Fournette stepping up to take the job. He was awful today, and will have to do a lot better than this to overtake so-so RoJo. The opportunity is still there, as the current Tampa starter is still one of the worst starting RBs in the league... but 7 for 15 sure as hell ain't gonna get 'er done.

• Like 1

This might be a backfield to avoid now.  No way you can start either RB until something significant happens here.

• Like 2