dewaser

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

RoJAG still sucks, but Fournette didn’t do squat today either. Wouldn’t start either of them for the foreseeable future. This is clearly a pass first offense and Brady looks better and better each week as he continues to get into rhythm with his receivers.

• Haha 1

This game was a huge dumpster fire...I take nothing from this game except the broncos dared Brady to beat them and he did. This crap is not getting any of the rbs in rhythm and it’s frustrating. [...]

broncos run D is good. bucs D is great. They will not need to lean on Brady but this running game pie looks like absolute trash outside of Carolina game...it’s week 4 next week which we al predicted he would take over by then..

This is the KC backfield from last season all over again.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Most accurate take so far. Hard to start either one outside of bye weeks or injury...smh

Tampa bay hasn’t has a startable RB since muscle hamster pt.1. I feel for y’all that thought any be on this team was going to help you.

Tampa bay is in the same zone as Washington, San Fran, and Chicago. For the past 5 years Ive avoided these backfields like a plague and I won’t have interest in any of their RB’s until they have a giant offensive personnel change at the least. The jags use to be in this group but I had a weird feeling about James Robinson and drafted him. These teams offense doesn’t  create RB1’s or even RB2’s haven’t done so for YEARS.

Edited by Jrt80

2 hours ago, n4sa said:

Not sure how this happened...truly felt today was a dumpster fire and that the Denver defense / running D is kind of legit. Don't know what the game plan was, but there is no point in splitting these carries. Don't think the coach and coaching staff is too bright...wish I sold last week. Now I'm not sure if I should sell low or find an injured player and trade for them. 

• Like 1

It’s RoJo’s world, Fournette is just living in it.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Not sure how this happened...truly felt today was a dumpster fire and that the Denver defense / running D is kind of legit. Don't know what the game plan was, but there is no point in splitting these carries. Don't think the coach and coaching staff is too bright...wish I sold last week. Now I'm not sure if I should sell low or find an injured player and trade for them. 

Denver's run D is solid, and their secondary is really bad with their injuries.

[ Posts removed.  Use the multi-quote feature if you must do the rapid-fire zingers at other members whom you disagree with on matters of fantasy football, but also, maybe try not doing that at all and just make your points without the chest-thumping. ]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

It’s RoJo’s world, Fournette is just living in it.

If Fournette gets hurt and Rojo were given the volume he could easily be a top 8 RB.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

If Fournette gets hurt and Rojo were given the volume he could easily be a top 8 RB.

Top 8 on the bucs maybe 

• Haha 3

I think it will be a pattern. I owned Fournette the previous two years (1st rounder 2018, 2nd rounder 2019) so I've unfortunately watched a ton more Jags games then I should have. Against stronger run Ds where the line is not opening up holes, he's pretty useless because he can't make people miss. He's never had alot of wiggle, but he's certainly not even close to "sophomore in college" Fournette who ran for 2k yards anymore. His vision is also below average. When he has to create, he's not a good RB. Rojo, for all his deficiencies, is better at that. I don't think Rojo has great vision either, but he can make people miss and create. It makes him more useful in matchups against the Saints and Denver run D's of the world. However, Fournette's no nonsense, downhill running style is much more reliable against bad run D's. When he doesn't have to think, he doesn't have to create, and he can just hit the hole and go, he's gonna be your guy, especially when salting away the game against those types of teams. I think we'll see it play out this way the next few months. 

• Like 1

In a vacuum, Leonard Fournette is one of the worst RBs in the entire NFL.

Week 1 and Week 3 are the norm for this guy.

Week 2 was a complete outlier. Fooled a bunch of people in this thread for sure.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wow, y’all are really just gonna completely overreact every single week in this thread one way or the other? Just accept that this season is likely going to be impossible to predict from week to week for the Bucs backfield. 

One thing that seems clear is that Arians is actually going to be riding the “hot hand” at least in these early weeks. 

He's a TD-dependent RB5. 

Inefficient runner, nonfactor in passing game.

Needs a TD to salvage his day.

I would NEVER play Fournette in PPR. Week 1 and Week 3 shows you why.

Apparently Fournette was at fault for a botched/fumbled exchange with Brady (more than Rojo was last week), which put him on the bench.

RBBC is bad enough. Makes it even worse when you have a coach like Bruce Arians who gives such a short leash. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

In a vacuum, Leonard Fournette is one of the worst RBs in the entire NFL.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I get what you're saying. That said, he still put up tremendous yardage and receiving numbers last year, and was also above 4YPC. And he's now in a considerably better offense. I don't think it's crazy to think he could put up solid numbers. 

This is exactly what a lot of people said 5,6,7,8 pages ago.... Hopefully you all listened.... 

• Lenny is the Alpha 
  • Lenny will blowup 
  • Lenny will have stinkers
  • ***WARNING*** DONT TOUCH THIS BACKFIELD, LOSS OF SLEEP, STRESS, AND OVERDRINKING WILL RESULT 

This feels a lot like the KC backfield last year.  You can't start either of these guys with any confidence right now and with Arians there doesn't appear to be any clarity coming anytime soon.  This feels like a problem better suited for someone else's bench but I doubt I could trade him for much of anything right now.

4 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

This feels a lot like the KC backfield last year.  You can't start either of these guys with any confidence right now and with Arians there doesn't appear to be any clarity coming anytime soon.  This feels like a problem better suited for someone else's bench but I doubt I could trade him for much of anything right now.

It's Lenny Bro.... My beers on Sunday where more clear then his fantasy career.