dewaser

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

He's better than Jones, end of story ..... Don't understand the love for rojo, he doesn't look that good to me, has never passed the eye test

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Really need to try something other than O'doules

LF is going to waste a spot on my bench all year, and I am ready for it.

We were drinking this and watching the Niners at 10AM. It's pretty good... 

Brother Thelonious Belgian Style Abbey Ale

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The bucs led by 2 scores almost the whole game. Brady threw the ball 38 times. If that's going to be their approach on offense, then yes this backfield is probably useless. 

• Like 1

Must have needed a veteran rest day after the 7 carries he got Sunday.

Edited by ColoWrex
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Must have needed a veteran rest day after the 7 carries he got Sunday.

On a serious note. Obviously not a good sign for the “new” guy to be sitting out of practice this early. We shall get more clarity in the next day or two. Get your 🔑 ready to fire up your Rojos!

• Like 1

The one thing we did learn this weekend is that a strong performance from Fournette is not enough to get him the starting job.  A lot of us, including me, were wrong about that.

It's also clear Rojo is not the clear cut starter either and, if nothing changes, both these guys are injury/bye week spot starters at best.  Not even someone you can regularly trust in your flex spot.

They're both lotto tickets now.  Fournette stays locked on my bench for a couple more weeks, and if I don't see any changes here, then maybe cut bait.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, kp96 said:

The one thing we did learn this weekend is that a strong performance from Fournette is not enough to get him the starting job.  A lot of us, including me, were wrong about that.

It's also clear Rojo is not the clear cut starter either and, if nothing changes, both these guys are injury/bye week spot starters at best.  Not even someone you can regularly trust in your flex spot.

They're both lotto tickets now.  Fournette stays locked on my bench for a couple more weeks, and if I don't see any changes here, then maybe cut bait.

agreed this has somehow turned into a situation where both are rb3/4 / unstartable.  Not much clarity at all.

Edited by JetsAwesome

Does it even matter if he's a little dinged up?  Unless something changes here, he can't be trusted in lineups after this past weekend.

6 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Does it even matter if he's a little dinged up?  Unless something changes here, he can't be trusted in lineups after this past weekend.

hgCWsyY.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Samblacksmith said:

He’ll go off this week on everyone’s bench. 

Or become the handcuff he really is 

It sounds like Leonard Fournette could well be out for the Buccaneers on Sunday. Ronald Jones would be busy against the Chargers.
Quote Tweet

sVq43RfA_normal.jpg

Alex Marvez

@alexmarvez
· 30m
.@Buccaneers HC @BruceArians told Bill Polian & me on @SiriusXMNFL that he wasn't optimistic about Chris Godwin (hamstring) or Leonard Fournette (ankle) playing Sunday vs. the @Chargers, BA wonders whether Godwin's injury was altitude-related from last Sunday's game in Denver
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, yanksman said:
It sounds like Leonard Fournette could well be out for the Buccaneers on Sunday. Ronald Jones would be busy against the Chargers.
Quote Tweet

sVq43RfA_normal.jpg

Alex Marvez

@alexmarvez
· 30m
.@Buccaneers HC @BruceArians told Bill Polian & me on @SiriusXMNFL that he wasn't optimistic about Chris Godwin (hamstring) or Leonard Fournette (ankle) playing Sunday vs. the @Chargers, BA wonders whether Godwin's injury was altitude-related from last Sunday's game in Denver

I don't remember being injured in game. maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's a setup by Arians or maybe he injured it in practice? 

Posted (edited)

Obviously bad news but lets spin it: Rojo gets his chance and really stinks up the joint which paves the way for Lenny to get a shot. 

That's the best I got right now. 

I would also not be surprised to see a lot of McCoy this weekend given Godwin and Miller are out.

Edited by Gandalfthecat
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

I don't remember being injured in game. maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's a setup by Arians or maybe he injured it in practice? 

Why would he lie about it?

29 minutes ago, dmody91 said:

Why would he lie about it?

More then likely not, but he didn't elaborate how he obtained his injury

Serious question, when or have you ever remember a time when Brady actually have a bellcow RB? Is it always been 2-3 or even 4 guys involving in the backfield when it comes to Brady’s RBs? 

I don’t see why the usage is a surprise to anyone. 

I do have LF, but my expectations since he got released from the Jags have been almost close to zero. 

3 hours ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Obviously bad news but lets spin it: Rojo gets his chance and really stinks up the joint which paves the way for Lenny to get a shot. 

That's the best I got right now. 

I would also not be surprised to see a lot of McCoy this weekend given Godwin and Miller are out.

Rojo has had his chance before and didn’t show up. How many chances do you need before you succeed? If Arians thought Rojo could handle the load then he wouldn’t have signed Fournette. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Rojo has had his chance before and didn’t show up. How many chances do you need before you succeed? If Arians thought Rojo could handle the load then he wouldn’t have signed Fournette. 

Big mad