Rotoworld.com Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

12 hours ago, Deke said:

yes there is. he wasn't touched and should been tackled by the guy that caught up to him but he made a terrible attempt. Jones is as bad as Fournette. Otherwise Jones would be getting more touches.

What are you basing this off of? His usage? Because that comes down to bad coaching in my opinion. If you watched the games it's obvious Ronald is head and shoulders above Lenny at this point. It just seems like the coaches have predetermined plays and packages for each back and it's hindering any sort of consistency on offense.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Well.... Fournette should be well rested...

• Ronald Jones is having a surgical operation on his broken pinky finger. 

Jones is having a pin inserted into his broken finger, the same procedure Chris Godwin underwent a few weeks ago. Godwin missed one game, so that seems like a reasonable expectation for Jones. Fresh off handling 19-of-25 backfield touches with Leonard Fournette a healthy scratch against the Vikings, Jones could be replaced by a committee of Fournette and LeSean McCoy in Week 15 against the Falcons. McCoy and Fournette would profile as low-end RB2s or high-end RB3s against Atlanta if Jones is inactive. 

Dec 15, 2020, 10:49 AM ET

•  
46 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I don't know why rotoworld would assume it's a 50/50 split. Why wouldn't Fournette just slide into Rojo's role? He's not as talented as Rojo(IMO) so I don't think he has the same ceiling as lead back though

Maybe because Fournette was a healthy scratch on Sunday?

3 minutes ago, King Gonzo said:

What does that even mean? This guy was suppose to be the 3rd down/pass catching RB and didn’t even dress. It is a fair question.

It doesn't in any way answer my question and is lazy analysis. Rojo has made LF obsolete so they didn't dress him last game because it seemed like Arians decided to finally stop dicking around and make Jones the workhorse. But, (plot twist) now Rojo is out!

So again why would it just be assumed that it'll be a 50/50 split? McCoy has logged 10 carries the whole season. I know Rotoworld writers are much smarter than I am so I'm sure I'm missing something but help me out and enlighten me

4 minutes ago, owenmills said:

It doesn't in any way answer my question and is lazy analysis. Rojo has made LF obsolete so they didn't dress him last game because it seemed like Arians decided to finally stop dicking around and make Jones the workhorse. But, (plot twist) now Rojo is out!

So again why would it just be assumed that it'll be a 50/50 split? McCoy has logged 10 carries the whole season. I know Rotoworld writers are much smarter than I am so I'm sure I'm missing something but help me out and enlighten me

It's going to be tough to gauge what his workload will be. You'd assume he'd slide in and take Rojo's role but he's also looked pretty terrible all year so the CS may go with a hot hand approach. There is way too much uncertainty here to trust him in a week 15 matchup. Plus Atlanta's run D is actually pretty good but their pass defense is a sieve. I could see this being a game where Tom and co. have a pass happy approach. I don't see this as beneficial to Fournette anymore since it seems he's lost his pass catching role to Shady who was the COP back against Minny. Best case scenario (other than falling into the endzone.. which don't forget Tommy loves to sneak) is Tampa gets out to a big lead and Lenny is used as a clock killer. Again.. just too much uncertainty here. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

It's going to be tough to gauge what his workload will be. You'd assume he'd slide in and take Rojo's role but he's also looked pretty terrible all year so the CS may go with a hot hand approach. There is way too much uncertainty here to trust him in a week 15 matchup. Plus Atlanta's run D is actually pretty good but their pass defense is a sieve. I could see this being a game where Tom and co. have a pass happy approach. I don't see this as beneficial to Fournette anymore since it seems he's lost his pass catching role to Shady who was the COP back against Minny. Best case scenario (other than falling into the endzone.. which don't forget Tommy loves to sneak) is Tampa gets out to a big lead and Lenny is used as a clock killer. Again.. just too much uncertainty here. 

This I agree with but hopefully there are some tea leaves available to read as the next game gets closer. I think McCoy is at least as washed as Lenny if not more and there will be touches to go around

I'm not following why this is big news. Rojo was already not going to play this weekend, and will likely be off COVID list by week 16 so I literally think nothing changed for Fournette, unless I'm missing something

The real question is will Lenny get most of the touches Sunday? That seems to be a great unknown

• Like 3