Rotoworld.com Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

If you get CT25 free, then just scram with your 6 team league cool story Bros. 

The rest of us need to start zeroing in on a target for him. 

I'm leaning up 40 spots from where being currently drafted at myself. 

I draft next weekend. 

Picking the hiding snake out of bushes isn't in play anymore. 

This snake is in the middle of the driveway and everyone sees it. We just gotta figure out who's gonna grab it first, and I need it to be me. 

9 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Yea but not in the same realm if fournette was still around , that frees upwards of 100 targets.

I'm not saying Jax won't bump someone else in fournettes spot but for right now you'd be silly to pass on grabbing  Thompson 

He’s never had 100 targets and has never been on a 100 target pace in his career. And it’s not silly to pass on someone who simply cannot stay on the field, especially if RB is your deepest position ;).

3 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

isn't it scary that they couldn't get a 7th round draft pick for this guy? something else is going on here, I would be wary of more news coming out today. 

Maybe teams didn’t want his salary on their cap for the year. Most teams don’t have much cap at this point anyway 

I’m saying

patriots... 2nd choice, they seem to have gotten someone to fall in their lap. Him and Cam could be a nice duo

Redskins... not sure that figure would help the PR with name change  

Eagles... 1 year wonder anyways. They will have to make major decisions in 2021 with cap

Bills.... call me crazy but this is my guess! Big thing he was released and not to be traded  

Bears... could be here

rams, raiders and bucs would like but don’t have $$$...

he could be a good add to teams that are starting a rookie RB this year, colts wouldn’t have interest I would assume and Taylor is kind of the same RB. 

1 minute ago, affliction said:

Maybe teams didn’t want his salary on their cap for the year. Most teams don’t have much cap at this point anyway 

$4mm salary isn't something astronomical that a team couldn't afford. I don't think that was the issue.

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

He’s never had 100 targets and has never been on a 100 target pace in his career. And it’s not silly to pass on someone who simply cannot stay on the field, especially if RB is your deepest position ;).

The dude has put up some incredible games . Even if you get 2 or 3 weeks of a huge flex play that's huge.

Thompson has had over 50 targers most seasons and upwards of 60, he very well could have 70 to 80 if he's in a starting role.

Hes having a good camp, fournette is gone...he's a free snag right now, for a flex that is as ideal as it gets bruh

Just now, kdpat15 said:

$4mm salary isn't something astronomical that a team couldn't afford. I don't think that was the issue.

My guess is teams just don't think he's that good and worth the potential distractions he can sometimes bring.  Fournette is a heck of a physical specimen when he wants to be, but I'm not sure he's really good at anything running back related beyond running into guys at 100mph.  Also, last year he seemed like an intriguing pick because he was motivated and moved to an isolated location to train with a strength coach in the offseason.  I believe this year he said something along the lines of "there's no way in hell I'm doing that again".  

Fournette just toes the line of being good enough to outplay his distractions and he definitely doesn't come off as reliable.  If this were a speed and strength contest he'd probably be right in there behind Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley.  But he's really not that good at anything else and doesn't seem like he's motivated or interested in improving.

• Thanks 2