Sign in to follow this  
LeeVanCleef

Need Roster and Trade Help in Dynasty League

My Dynasty team is in the signature. I recently traded for Stafford and Marlon Mack because DJ and Conner are deteriorating and Kamara doesn't seem too far behind tbh. I traded John Ross, my 1st round pick in 2021 draft and we swapped 2nd rd picks in this years draft. So I am currently flushed with RBs albeit questionable ones but I need to make a roster and trade decision due to my salary cap limitations.

After the end of our very first season, each player was assigned a dollar value based on how they finish in the rankings of W/R/T (QB separately) starting from $25 down to $1 based on 1 to 100s in ranking. When that player is assigned a dollar amount, you have to accept that contract payment for 3 years (meaning you have to pay that same salary amount regardless of performance the following years, unless they were once $1 or w/e and suddenly jumped into top 15 ranking then you have to pay a new salary based on their new ranking as they are considered a breakout player).

We have removed Kickers and DEF and roster 18 players. We have added an additional flex and have just voted this year to include a Super Flex (any position including QB). Our salary cap was increased by $5 to $145 and since we'll be able to keep 2 QBs after this season, salary will increase again to $150 for 2021. We can cut a player anytime during their contract but the first 2 years is a 50% cap penalty hit (player costs $10, his cap hit is $5 and you now have to roster a team with $5 less). Players in their 3rd year can be cut with only 1/3 cap penalty (player is $24 his cap hit is $8).

Here is everyone's dollar amount and years remaining on their contract.

• Stafford: $1 (new contract year)
  • Keenan Allen: $24 (contract ends 2020 - based on his ranking this year it will determine the next 3 yrs of his salary. I can cut him and take an $8 penalty hit and have to roster a team for $137)
  • Tyreek Hill: $14 (new contract year)
  • Golladay: $19 (contract ends 2021)
  • Gallup: $1 (contract ends 2021 - did not reach breakout status)
  • Scary Terry: $16 (new contract year)
  • Fuller: $6 (new contract year)
  • Golden Tate: $7 (new contract year)
  • Preston Williams: $1 (new contract year)
  • Diontae Johnson: $11 (new contract year)
  • Kamara: $25 (contract ends 2020)
  • David Johnson $21 (contract ends 2021)
  • Conner: $22 (contract ends 2021)
  • Mack: $13 (new contract year)
  • Kelce: $22 (contract ends 2020)

These are the players I would like to keep but their total is $203.

Expendable players were (Keenan: - trade or cut him and take $8 cap hit but save $16, Tate: Cut Save $7, Diontae: Cut save $11). In the trades I made with Stafford and Mack, I managed to get $8 back in cap dollars, so that would remove Keenan's penalty if I cut him. I would love to keep Tate bc I think he can be a very consistent performer and I like Diontae as an up an comer. KA, I'm worried about Tygod. Was hoping SD signed Red Rocket or Cam but who knows, it's still early.

By removing these 3 players but adding Mack and Staffords salary, this puts me at $161 total with a cap budget of $145. I'm $16 short.

Now I had a team interested in Diontae Johnson ($11) but they have been MIA and I just emailed them a few minutes ago again.

Trade Scenario 1: I have a team interested in David Johnson for pick #36 in this years draft (they traded all their earlier picks) + Brieda $1. I tried to get him to include Mattison $1 but I have killed this team before in trades (i had him give me Conner as an add on in a trade and a few others in the past), so he does not want to make the same mistake giving me Mattison. I would give him DJ + $5 in cap space so he can afford to pay him, otherwise he won't accept the deal.

For this trade I would need to lower my salary cap to $140 and have to cut KA. This trade and cut would allow me to keep Golden Tate and have $1 to pay Brieda or cut him or trade the $1 for a mid-round pick to a team that needs a $1. Having to pay DJ's salary of $21 or cutting him for a $7 penalty next year is a factor in my decision to trade, along with the worries about injury and potential lack of receptions. But volume should be there this season 250+ carries if he can survive the whole year, so I'm hesitant to trade him just for pick 36, which will consist of the remaining players who got cut this season and are back into the free agency pool. It will be weak pickings compared to a serviceable RB.

Trade Scenario 2: Team is interested in Keenan Allen for pick 15th overall this year + Sammy Watkins ($11). I already have Tyreek Hill, so I will remove Watkins (or accept him and try to trade or just cut him with no penalty) and based on my current roster, I can't afford to take on anyone's salary tbh. Maybe I can get him to add a mid-rd pick this year or next instead of watkins. Otherwise it will basically be KA straight up for pick 15. I am concerned about Tygod as QB and KA's production. At 15, I could still maybe get one of the rookie WR/RBs that fall if some of the cut vets get drafted during the first round. I do love Keenan and this is his last contract yr so he may be a cheap cost next yr (due to low performance) and if they get a better QB for 2021, there is still potential to get production out of him for a few more years.

Doing this trade and keeping DJ would leave me short $8. I will need to trade one or more of my draft picks to try and get that cap money or hope the guy who wanted Diontae hits me up again.

Trade Scenario 3: If I trade them both, I will get the 15th and 36th overall picks and I will get to keep Golden Tate (sort of makes up for KA loss). My draft picks for this year would be (15, 25, 36, 43, 46, 48, 51, 70)...I traded my 1.10 this year and swapped my 22nd for the 25th. I could package or trade the 36th to make up for the DJ trade, so lots of scenarios there too.

Our Starting Lineup looks like this and I probably wouldn't have even started DJ or KA in week 1 until I saw how they were being utilized:

• QB - Stafford
  • WR - Tyreek
  • WR - Golladay
  • WR - Gallup
  • RB - Kamara
  • RB - Mack
  • TE - Kelce
  • FLEX - Scary Terry
  • FLEX - Fuller or Golden Tate
  • SUPER FLEX - Conner
  • BENCH
  • BENCH
  • BENCH
  • BENCH
  • BENCH
  • BENCH
  • BENCH
  • BENCH
  • 2 IR SPOTS

I'm hesitant to pull the trigger now with the draft this Thursday and any potential trades that could happen but I also don't want to miss out on these opportunities either by waiting.

Based on the above, which scenario (if any), would you go with or should I keep trying to trade picks for cap $ in order to afford to keep one and if so, which one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Be sure to link your AC question and I'll do my best to help answer. Thanks!

Almost 70 views and no response. I'm wondering if people saw the novel written and noped the F out of the thread. I will try to make it easier.

Looking at my current roster, is it worth keeping DJ and trading KA? (I will get the 15th overall pick for him but I'm trying to get pick 34 added to the deal)

Or should I trade both, and I'll get to keep Tate, Diontae and Brieda and have the following draft picks too 15, 25, 36, 43, 46, 48, 51, 70 which I can try and package for a better pick?

8 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Almost 70 views and no response. I'm wondering if people saw the novel written and noped the F out of the thread. I will try to make it easier.

Looking at my current roster, is it worth keeping DJ and trading KA? (I will get the 15th overall pick for him but I'm trying to get pick 34 added to the deal)

Or should I trade both, and I'll get to keep Tate, Diontae and Brieda and have the following draft picks too 15, 25, 36, 43, 46, 48, 51, 70 which I can try and package for a better pick?

I'll try, you have a pretty deep team, I would go with option B personally

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I'll try, you have a pretty deep team, I would go with option B personally

Thanks man. I would like to try and keep 1 of them because of the added Super Flex position to ensure I'm covered in case of injury/bye week with a legit starter but I'm def leaning towards option B and trading them both.

I'd def trade to get that #15 pick since your team is so deep. I'd probably take the second options, I don't have faith in DJ and Keenan Allen losing Rivers is gonna hurt. 

This is a very strong NFL draft, with so many picks you're bound to hit a couple guys who can be staples on your roster for a few years. 

Looking for sme Dynasty advise myself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Griffin6687 said:

I'd def trade to get that #15 pick since your team is so deep. I'd probably take the second options, I don't have faith in DJ and Keenan Allen losing Rivers is gonna hurt. 

This is a very strong NFL draft, with so many picks you're bound to hit a couple guys who can be staples on your roster for a few years. 

Looking for sme Dynasty advise myself. 

Thanks for your feedback.

Current update:

The team that made the offer for Keenan suddenly realized that they can't afford his contract. Ridiculous. Really sucks and as a result I was forced to trade DJ. And I'm now in need of $4 and more than likely won't be able to retain Golden Tate.

I traded DJ + Pick 46 for Pick 36 + Breida + Perriman (I feel disgusting having done this trade but it was more than likely all I was going to get).

I also had an offer to trade my 2nd rd pick in 2021 for $10 but because I didn't immediately accept it, the team now wants to make a deal for Gallup. They have Sutton and I mentioned if they no longer will do the prior deal, then the only way I would consider a trade is if Sutton is involved although I'm not even 100% sure I would accept it.

On 4/22/2020 at 12:23 PM, LeeVanCleef said:

Thanks for your feedback.

Current update:

The team that made the offer for Keenan suddenly realized that they can't afford his contract. Ridiculous. Really sucks and as a result I was forced to trade DJ. And I'm now in need of $4 and more than likely won't be able to retain Golden Tate.

I traded DJ + Pick 46 for Pick 36 + Breida + Perriman (I feel disgusting having done this trade but it was more than likely all I was going to get).

I also had an offer to trade my 2nd rd pick in 2021 for $10 but because I didn't immediately accept it, the team now wants to make a deal for Gallup. They have Sutton and I mentioned if they no longer will do the prior deal, then the only way I would consider a trade is if Sutton is involved although I'm not even 100% sure I would accept it.

I would still try to move Keenan Allen somewhere if cutting costs due to how much Justin Herbert sucks. Gallup’s value certainly takes a hit, but I would probably not move him at this time because I think getting appropriate value is next to impossible. You can certainly try to snag Sutton though. Maybe the owner is worried about him with Jeudy and Hamler drafted. Who knows?

I don’t think the DJ one is that bad. He did look pretty washed last year and Breida’s value just got a ton better with that deal on a Miami team that should be more competitive this year. Interesting league for sure.

Help?