The 7th Beatles

Rob Gronkowski 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Hurts all pass catchers in Tampa Bay IMO. I think this Peyton Manning to Broncos situation with Brady especially in that division, I see Brady going for mininum 40 tds and 4500 yards. 1. Lamar 2. Mahommes 3. Murrary 4. Brady 5. Russel Wilson 5. Rodgers

What round would you guys draft Gronk this year and what you rank him among TEs.

Pros- Knows Brady, Body healed after a year presumably, Super High flying passing offense, shoot out division, running backs not great

Cons- 3rd option behind 2 top 15 WR in the nfl, Arians doesn't use the TE, OJ Howard (who may get traded) still there, he might just be a red zone guy.

I rank him 

1. Kelce

2. Kittle

3. Ertz

4. Andrews

______________________________HUGE TIER CHANGE____________________________

5. Waller (Oak likely getting a WR)

6. Fant (if they don't draft a qb)

7. Gronk

Other options include: Engram, Hooper, Cook, Hooper, Henry (all these guys are also the 3/4 option on their team like Gronk)

I wouldn't touch gronk until round 6, he will be long gone and super overhyped. 

your isane. Gronk is top 3 especially with the chemistry Brady and Gronk have. Gronk didnt come out of retirement for nothing he will be fed

Edited by SyNdicateZ

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

your isane. Gronk is top 3 especially with the chemistry Brady and Gronk have. Gronk didnt come out of retirement for nothing he will be fed

The dude looked like he was falling apart in his last season. It’s like everyone just forgets how bad he was

• Like 4

Just now, Gohawks said:

The dude looked like he was falling apart in his last season. It’s like everyone just forgets how bad he was

He was broken. He is now healed........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

And during the super bowl run he was called on in key situations and delivered.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Maybe but I doubt it. People said the same thing about Lynch and he couldn’t even make it half the season

Are there any DBs or offensive linemen around to ring chase with these guys now?

Just now, The 7th Beatles said:

EWJ3tYnX0AM5UbL.jpg

7th, I knew this one was incoming - thank you for coming through in the clutch!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Pats only wanted a 4th for Gronk??

Well, he comes with a 10M cap hit so there's that. And I'm guessing TB is  the only team Gronk is coming out of retirement for so the market is pretty much 1 team. TB was holding the cards here.

Edited by fletch44

7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Maybe but I doubt it. People said the same thing about Lynch and he couldn’t even make it half the season

Not the best comparison RB & TE , totally different miles on their body

28 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

dunno...i feel like the pats got f#### from behind in this trade still. pats also gave away a 7th...

IMO  Gronk is retired. He won’t be returning to the field. So it’s a win for the Pats 

• Haha 1

Just now, shakestreet said:

IMO  Gronk is retired. He won’t be returning to the field. So it’s a win for the Pats 

No way TB does that deal without getting Gronk. The dude is playing. That being said I could see him being a situational redzone package guy/3rd down player to keep the hits down. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I could see him only seeing the field on redzone or 3rd down situations to keep the hits down and be ready for the playoffs. TD dependent. With those weapons whats the point in him playing on 70% of snaps and taking hits over the middle in October. This is unlike Andrews/Ertz/Waller who will be playing 70% of snaps racking in catches and yards and the occasional td. 

Edited by nmartinez12443

8 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Gronk has a lot of mileage on his body due to the numerous injuries/surgeries. That being said he's probably mentally rejuvenated to play in Tampa and away from Belichick lol.

But... what about OJ Howard?!?!

4 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Gronk has a lot of mileage on his body due to the numerous injuries/surgeries. That being said he's probably mentally rejuvenated to play in Tampa and away from Belichick lol.

I’m well aware , but my original statement still stands , a tight end & running back still vastly different as it pertains to health. 

Top 10 WR this year easily. And anyone who thinks Arians is calling plays in Tampa this year, just lol at that.

17 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

No way TB does that deal without getting Gronk. The dude is playing. That being said I could see him being a situational redzone package guy/3rd down player to keep the hits down. 

I told you the dude ain’t playing.  Taking HGH and he is underweight. This trade is a publicity stunt 

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

They were looking to move him... the timing doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean, you convince Gronk you're all in. But you sign him after you move Howard... Howard now has little value.

1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

why not inlcude OJ Howard in that trade?

57 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Helluva question. The only conclusion I can draw is they're not interested in him for some reason. Sure would like to know why GMs are so down on this guy. He'd be a difference maker on a team that used him properly.

17 minutes ago, devaster said:

Gronk for a fourth rounder is a good deal for the Pats.  They’re getting something for a guy who wasn’t going to play for them.  It is what smart teams do.  Contrast that with the Redskins. 

The Bucs were trying to trade OJ Howard last year at the trade deadline according to Mike Lombardi.  They wanted a second round pick.   

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/nfl-rumors-buccaneers-looking-trade-te-oj-howard-should-patriots-pursue-him

Lombardi also said he didn’t expect Howard to be back on Tampa Bay this year...that was three days ago.  

So my best guess would be Lombardi’s source is the Patriots, the asking price for OJ Howard was too high in Belichick’s opinion last season, and whatever they wanted this season was too high also. 

Howard probably gets dealt somewhere, I can’t imagine TB getting a 2nd rounder though.

It wouldn’t kill them to hold on to Howard just in case something happens to Gronk.  Brate really isn’t a blocking TE.  

28 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I told you the dude ain’t playing.  Taking HGH and he is underweight. This trade is a publicity stunt 

Shake: what in Sam Hill are you talking about?!

• Like 1

Howard will be on the move in the next day or two, I’d wager.

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Gronk has broken something 3 times in his career, tore his MCL and ACL, had two back disk hernias and also broke a bone in his back, had a bruised lung, two concussions, and countless other sprains and pulls.

You’re right. Gronks body is way worse off than Lynch’s. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Gronk has broken something 3 times in his career, tore his MCL and ACL, had two back disk hernias and also broke a bone in his back, had a bruised lung, two concussions, and countless other sprains and pulls.

You’re right. Gronks body is way worse off than Lynch’s. 

I’m defintley right , no comparison at all the pounding you take as an RB compared to TE . But I will give you that Gronk has taken alot of big hits in his career. Especially in his prime , he was so big & strong ... only way to really bring him down. And as if Lynch has had no injuries in his career lmao ... I was commenting more on the hits and running they had to do. Your the one zeroing in on injuries only, it aint the end all of be all . Let’s have some perspective please ...

Marshawn Lynch Injury History

Date League Injury Details
Oct 14, 2018 NFL Inguinal Groin Strain Grade 2 Lynch was placed on IR. He underwent surgery on October 18.
Nov 15, 2015 NFL Inguinal Groin Sports Hernia  Following surgery, Lynch missed the final 7 games of the regular season. 
Sep 27, 2015 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Lynch missed 2 games. 
Sep 20, 2015 NFL Leg Calf Strain  Lynch strained his calf but didn't miss any game time.
Dec 20, 2012 NFL Pedal Foot Sprain  Lynch sprained his foot but played through the injury. 
Aug 22, 2012 NFL Back Lower Lumbar Muscle Spasms  During the preseason, Lynch suffered from back spasms. The ailment lingered throughout the 2012 season, but he missed 0 games as a result. 
Oct 23, 2011 NFL Back Lower Lumbar Muscle Spasms  Lynch injured his troublesome back warming up for Week 7.
Dec 21, 2008 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain  Upon landing awkwardly, Lynch was sidelined after halftime and missed next week's game due to a sprained shoulder.
Nov 11, 2007 NFL Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3 Lynch was sidelined for three games after suffering from a sprained ankle against the Dolphins.