The 7th Beatles

Rob Gronkowski 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Wow the Brady haters .. (you know who you are) whatcha thinking? 

Loving it!  Bring back Randy Moss while we are at it.  The Tom Brady Delusion Tour is hitting the road.  Coming this fall to a stadium near you!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RunCMC said:


I’m defintley right , no comparison at all the pounding you take as an RB compared to TE . But I will give you that Gronk has taken alot of big hits in his career. Especially in his prime , he was so big & strong ... only way to really bring him down. And as if Lynch has had no injuries in his career lmao ... I was commenting more on the hits and running they had to do. Your the one zeroing in on injuries only, it aint the end all of be all . Let’s have some perspective please ...

Marshawn Lynch Injury History

Date League Injury Details
Oct 14, 2018 NFL Inguinal Groin Strain Grade 2 Lynch was placed on IR. He underwent surgery on October 18.
Nov 15, 2015 NFL Inguinal Groin Sports Hernia  Following surgery, Lynch missed the final 7 games of the regular season. 
Sep 27, 2015 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Lynch missed 2 games. 
Sep 20, 2015 NFL Leg Calf Strain  Lynch strained his calf but didn't miss any game time.
Dec 20, 2012 NFL Pedal Foot Sprain  Lynch sprained his foot but played through the injury. 
Aug 22, 2012 NFL Back Lower Lumbar Muscle Spasms  During the preseason, Lynch suffered from back spasms. The ailment lingered throughout the 2012 season, but he missed 0 games as a result. 
Oct 23, 2011 NFL Back Lower Lumbar Muscle Spasms  Lynch injured his troublesome back warming up for Week 7.
Dec 21, 2008 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain  Upon landing awkwardly, Lynch was sidelined after halftime and missed next week's game due to a sprained shoulder.
Nov 11, 2007 NFL Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3 Lynch was sidelined for three games after suffering from a sprained ankle against the Dolphins.

That’s great. Gronks injury history makes the above look like a joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Shake: what in Sam Hill are you talking about?!

Last time I looked CBD is illegal in the NFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That’s great. Gronks injury history makes the above look like a joke. 


Nothing else to add huh ? GG  . The biggest joke is comparing TE’s and RB’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly CBD is allowed and/or tolerated under the new CBA.  There have been significant changes to the substance abuse provisions.  It is one of the reasons the NFLPA got enough players to vote "yes.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:


Nothing else to add huh ? GG  . The biggest joke is comparing TE’s and RB’s. 

Both take a pretty ferocious pounding.  I suspect Gronk will have a similar impact in 2020 for Tampa to what Beastmode had in 2019 for Seattle.

Namely, Gronk will generate fan interest and excitement, may score a handful of 1 yard TDs, but will ultimately be too old and ineffective to be anything other than a competitive disadvantage.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Last time I looked CBD is illegal in the NFL

You need to look again - new CBA allows it, for all intents and purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Both take a pretty ferocious pounding.  I suspect Gronk will have a similar impact in 2020 for Tampa to what Beastmode had in 2019 for Seattle.

Namely, Gronk will generate fan interest and excitement, may score a handful of 1 yard TDs, but will ultimately be too old and ineffective to be anything other than a competitive disadvantage.

 

He's still quite a bit younger than Olsen and Witten and those two are still chugging along. And he's had a year off to heal up any nagging injuries. And he's going to have significantly less coverage to worry about with Godwin and Evans on the field with him. And he's already built a ton of chemistry with Brady.

 

I think you're really exaggerating how bad this signing is. They're not looking for prime Gronk to make a return here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

dunno...i feel like the pats got f#### from behind in this trade still. pats also gave away a 7th...

Why? Gronk was only going to play for Tampa. He wasn't interested in any other team. He would have stayed retired. A 4th is the best they could have gotten. I'm sure they tried to get more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sSektor said:

OJ Howard dynasty owners in shambles

The Gronk/Hernandez duo was deadly, no pun intended.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

dunno...i feel like the pats got f#### from behind in this trade still. pats also gave away a 7th...

 

What??? A mid 4th is amazing value for a player coming out of retirement and who was only going to play with Tampa. And 7th rounders are basically worthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They now have 3 good TE"s, one will probably be moved. It's no secret Brady loves the short passing game and getting rid of the ball quickly. I really don't think he wants to go downfield that much because his arm isn't as good. I don't know what it means to the 2 wide outs outlook fantasy wise. Both are deep ball threats, not Brady's strong suit these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

They now have 3 good TE"s, one will probably be moved. It's no secret Brady loves the short passing game and getting rid of the ball quickly. I really don't think he wants to go downfield that much because his arm isn't as good. I don't know what it means to the 2 wide outs outlook fantasy wise. Both are deep ball threats, not Brady's strong suit these days.

Godwin is not a deep threat 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Loving it!  Bring back Randy Moss while we are at it.  The Tom Brady Delusion Tour is hitting the road.  Coming this fall to a stadium near you!


Hopefully there is a season.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Both take a pretty ferocious pounding.  I suspect Gronk will have a similar impact in 2020 for Tampa to what Beastmode had in 2019 for Seattle.

Namely, Gronk will generate fan interest and excitement, may score a handful of 1 yard TDs, but will ultimately be too old and ineffective to be anything other than a competitive disadvantage.

 

4 whole months older than Travis Kelce...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The dude looked like he was falling apart in his last season. It’s like everyone just forgets how bad he was

 

I just started reading this thread from the beginning, and it took way too long for someone to finally mention this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

4 whole months older than Travis Kelce...

four months is the difference between legal and statutory in some of life's decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sSektor said:

 

He's still quite a bit younger than Olsen and Witten and those two are still chugging along. And he's had a year off to heal up any nagging injuries. And he's going to have significantly less coverage to worry about with Godwin and Evans on the field with him. And he's already built a ton of chemistry with Brady.

 

I think you're really exaggerating how bad this signing is. They're not looking for prime Gronk to make a return here.

Gronk has indeed entered Witten and Olson territory, I suspect.  Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sSektor said:

 

He's still quite a bit younger than Olsen and Witten and those two are still chugging along. And he's had a year off to heal up any nagging injuries. And he's going to have significantly less coverage to worry about with Godwin and Evans on the field with him. And he's already built a ton of chemistry with Brady.

 

I think you're really exaggerating how bad this signing is. They're not looking for prime Gronk to make a return here.

I think he is going to be a red zone package guy/3rd down player. I bet his snaps never cross 40% and why should it, they have two great TEs to begin with and then 2 top 15 WRs. Ultimate fools gold this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I think he is going to be a red zone package guy/3rd down player. I bet his snaps never cross 40% and why should it, they have two great TEs to begin with and then 2 top 15 WRs. Ultimate fools gold this year. 

Exactly - it’s a move to assuage Tom Brady, not a sign that Arians is about to exchange his power over the offense to a QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

4 whole months older than Travis Kelce...

Age is just a number.  The massive pounding and piled up injuries have sapped Gronkowski of his explosiveness.  A year off may have allowed him to heal completely, but football shape is another matter.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

4 whole months older than Travis Kelce...

This is one of the few times I have to disagree with you DHC. Kelce (who, yes, has seen a scalpel or two) points out the difference, which would be the back in particular. This is from JAN 2019:

Key Excerpt imo:

Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce and Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski have been regarded as two of the best tight ends in the NFL for the past few seasons, but even though the two of them are the same age (29), they're in very different places at the moment in terms of health and the future of their career. Both players have seen their share of injuries throughout their days in the NFL, but Kelce is still healthy enough to believe he is capable of playing at a high level for multiple seasons, while Gronkowski's injuries seem to be playing a significant role in whether or not he decides to retire after Super Bowl LIII.

Kelce spoke about those injuries during an interview Thursday on CBS's "Off the Bench" podcast with Danny Kanell and Raja Bell, saying the difference between himself and Gronkowski health-wise has been the back issues he's been able to avoid but Gronk hasn't. Gronkowski's back problems have plagued him since his college days and have resulted in eight different medical procedures during his NFL career. Kelce's gone through several procedures of his own, but fortunately none of them have involved his back.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What do people expect out of Gronk?

Before retiring at 29 due to injury, he hadn't played a full 16 games in 7 straight seasons. He only hit 15 games in 2 of those 7 seasons.

In his final 3 seasons, age 27, 28, 29, here were his stats:

 

2016 - 27 - 8 games, 25 receptions, 540 yards, 3 TDs

2017 - 28 - 14 games, 69 receptions, 1084 yards, 8 TDs

2018 - 29 - 13 games, 47 receptions, 682 yards, 3 TDs

 

So he couldn't stay healthy 5 years ago, or anytime since, he hasnt played in a year, and when he did play when he was younger and healthier he only averaged 4 receptions, 66 yards, 0.4 TDs per game, or 10.4 points (0.5ppr) per game, aka tied for 10th amongst TEs with Jared Cook and Will Dissly in 2019. 

 

I just don't see him being healthy at 31 now when he hasnt been since 25, or getting volume if he is, or being very valuable short term if he does, or being valuable long term no matter what. No thanks for me

 

 

Edited by LostAtSea
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its late and I'm foggy- who's come back at an offensive skill position after a year off, say in the last decade, other than Lynch.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrianM said:

Its late and I'm foggy- who's come back at an offensive skill position after a year off, say in the last decade, other than Lynch.   

Vick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.