Mr Bigins

Official 2020 NFL Draft Discussion

10 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Baun looks like a steal this late for the Saints.

Absolutely is imo.

moss to buffalo. this draft has been a damn running back disaster.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, yossarian said:

moss to buffalo. this draft has been a damn running back disaster.

The RB2 massacre draft.

57 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I think if they need to help the passing game they need to rebuild their O line. 

Truth. I meant the receiving corps. I would have gone tackle in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

NFL GMs: How do we upset fantasy owners as much as possible in one draft?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yossarian said:

Moss to Buffalo. this draft has been a damn running back disaster.

Love this pick! I don't know that he's a complement to Single(carry).... ha-ha 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

The RB2 massacre draft.

They're gonna have to start changing the way RBs get points in fantasy. Do it like a teams Defense and just have Redskins Backfield. So you just get the cumulative points from all 9 RBs.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

@markrc99 What do you think of moss in buff? looks like you were hoping for a better landing spot for him

My apology, I hadn't refreshed in a bit. Really like this team & Moss is a threat to the lead role.

• Thanks 1

I think COVID-19 has affected the brains of the GM's. I thought it was supposed to attack the lungs but lately I've heard it causes strokes. Maybe that's what happened here.

Jets just traded picks with the Pats. I have now seen everything. wtf is going on in this draft

• Like 1

Trautman to Saints. Im happy about that spot.

• Like 1

One of the commentators on Cbs draft coverage asked "where is a spot we could see Jacob Eason go?" 

The expert said, "I don't see one soon, except maybe the Texans, because we have no idea what they're doing."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yossarian said:

Does anybody know anything about Gibson?

I looked at him vs Southern & Navy or Temple, can't remember. Well built & low, good athlete. But he runs too upright, big with a large surface area for defenders to hit. The tackles he shrugs off at a weaker level of competition won't be nearly as easy in the NFL. Follows Darrell Henderson out of that Memphis read/option program that doesn't lend itself with respect to a player's transition, accordingly. Was on the field enough, but never became the focal point of the running game or the passing game, a lot of manufactured touches. As a rec'r, plays where he just runs straight down the field & the DB is late to get on his horse & here comes the football, too many of those. But he tracks well, can elevate & I saw him make several contested catches & adjust well to poorly placed balls. 

Gibson is a ball-carrier, but it's probably unfair to question how he was utilized. Fortunate perhaps to be in a program at all. Did well for himself at the combine & it paid off. Just as it says in his draft profile, despite the "versatility" he seemingly affords an OC, he's extremely raw. That said, the 3rd round seems high for a developmental/ST player. Given where he landed, I'm going to let others draft him. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Offense summary per division, per team. I add also the additions to the O-line; we may not draft them, but they are important.

AFC East
Miami: 5. Tua Tagovailoa, QB, MIA  (Alabama), 18. Austin Jackson, OT, MIA  (USC)     
New York Jets11. Mekhi Becton, OT, NYJ  (Louisville), 59. Denzel Mims, WR, NYJ  (Baylor)    
Buffalo:  86. Zack Moss, RB, BUF  (Utah)
New England: 91. Devin Asiasi, TE, NE  (UCLA), 101. Dalton Keene, TE, NE  (Virginia Tech)

AFC West
LA Chargers: 6. Justin Herbert, QB, LAC  (Oregon)  
Las Vegas  12. Henry Ruggs III, WR, LV  (Alabama), 80. Lynn Bowden, WR/RB, LV  (Kentucky) , 81. Bryan Edwards, WR, LV  (South Carolina) 
Denver: 15. Jerry Jeudy, WR, DEN  (Alabama),,46. KJ Hamler, WR, DEN  (Penn State), 83. Lloyd Cushenberry, C, DEN  (LSU)
Kansas City: 32. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, KC  (LSU)    , 96. Lucas Niang, OT, KC  (TCU)   

AFC North
Cincinnati:  1. Joe Burrow, QB, CIN  (LSU),  33. Tee Higgins, WR, CIN  (Clemson)
Cleveland: 10. Jedrick Wills, OT, CLE  (Alabama)
Pittsburgh: 49. Chase Claypool, WR, PIT  (Notre Dame)
Baltimore:  55. J.K. Dobbins, RB, BAL  (Ohio State), 92. Devin Duvernay, WR, BAL  (Texas), 106. Tyre Phillips, OT, BAL  (Mississippi St. )

AFC South
Tennessee: 29. Isaiah Wilson, OT, TEN  (Georgia), 93. Darrynton Evans, RB, TEN  (Appalachian State)    
Indiana34. Michael Pittman, WR, IND  (USC), 41. Jonathan Taylor, RB, IND  (Wisconsin) 
Jacksonville:  42. Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, JAC  (Colorado )    
Houston: -

NFC East
New York Giants:, 4. Andrew Thomas, OT, NYG  (Georgia), 99. Matt Peart, OT, NYG  (Connecticut)
Dallas: 17. CeeDee Lamb, WR, DAL  (Oklahoma)
Philadelphia:, 21. Jalen Reagor, WR, PHI  (TCU), 53. Jalen Hurts, QB, PHI  (Alabama)
Washington: 66. Antonio Gibson, WR/RB, WAS  (Memphis)

NFC West
San Francisco: 25. Brandon Aiyuk, WR, SF  (Arizona State) 
LA Rams: 52. Cam Akers, RB, LAR  (Florida State), 57. Van Jefferson, WR, LAR  (Florida)   
Seattle: 69. Damien Lewis, G, SEA  (LSU)        
Arizona: 72. Josh Jones, RT, ARI  (Houston)

NFC North
Minnesota:  22. Justin Jefferson, WR, MIN  (LSU) , 58. Ezra Cleveland, OT, MIN  (Boise State)
Green Bay:, 26. Jordan Love, QB, GB  (Utah State), 62. AJ Dillon, RB, GB  (Boston College), 94. Josiah Deguara, TE, GB  (Cincinnati)
Detroit: 35. D'Andre Swift, RB, DET  (Georgia), 75. Jonah Jackson, G, DET  (Ohio State)
Chicago:  43. Cole Kmet, TE, CHI  (Notre Dame)

NFC South:
Tampa Bay: 13. Tristan Wirfs, OT, TB  (Iowa), 76. Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB, TB  (Vanderbilt)
New Orleans: 24. Cesar Ruiz, C/G, NO  (Michigan), 105. Adam Trautman, TE, NO  (Dayton)
Atlanta: 78. Matt Hennessy, C, ATL  (Temple)
Carolina: -

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

If Mack, Ingram & Johnson are healthy they are safe to be there teams lead back. Draft in confidence. 

Nothing is wrong with Chicago drafting Cole Kmet. Cole will be the starter. Graham is washed, Burton is gone Sheheen doesn’t have it. The other TEs blah . 

Belichick is a genius 

Eagles & Packers WTF are you doing? 

Edited by shakestreet

And some leftover picks that could be interesting:
Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

Anthony McFarland Jr., RB, Maryland

Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
Isaiah Hodgins, WR, Oregon State
Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF
John Hightower, WR, Boise State
Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty
Joe Reed, WR, Virginia
James Proche, WR, SMU
Darnell Mooney, WR, Tulane

Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic
Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

If Mack, Ingram & Johnson are healthy they are safe to be there teams lead back. Draft in confidence.

Johnson as in David Johnson? What year is it?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Johnson as in David Johnson? What year is it?

What year do you want it to be? 

I was thinking Kerryon from the Lions since Detroit drafted D’Andre Swift ...

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

I wanted him on the Patriots.. You think he can last till the 5th round 159 ?

11 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

If that dog is still involved maybe we see Pats move into the early fourth to get him. 

9 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Trautman to Saints. Im happy about that spot.

I thought the Pats might have taken Trautman but instead they traded 2 4ths and a 6th for Dalton Keene 🤨.  I hope they are right about him.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

No, probably, maybe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Caserio said they want another QB, and Eason would make sense to me. However, Belichick's draft trades rarely make sense to me.

(Given that BB has a fist full of rings and I have... let me count... 0... I guess BB knows better. Ah well.)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I'm less confident in all three than I was 24 hours ago.

The Ravens run quite a bit, and it is conceivable that Dobbins takes the "Gus Johnson role."  But Ingram's 30.

The Colts looked crowded with Mack and Hynes (given Phillip's crackdown tendencies) now?  I'm not touching any of those backs until round 6 at the earliest.  Taylor is talented enough in his own right to be a lead back.

Drafting Swift makes me have some questions about Johnson's health.  And we all know the Lions throw a lot anyway.

All three could help protect their teams against contract negotiations with the vet backs next year, or they could carve out significant roles this year because they are all talented.

For fantasy purposes, it's frustrating that none of these guys went to the Bucs or Dolphins and creates a lot more questions than if they had.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 1