Mr Bigins

Official 2020 NFL Draft Discussion

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

By not selecting a qb and rather a kicker....... im convinced they will be signing a fa qb. Winston, newton, or simply think that Stidham is their Guy. Exciting..

I was able to find some footage of him. He’s actually solid kicker. Has american flag tattoo on his forearm. What a Bellicheck draft this is. Trade down, up several times, and take guys you could have waited on. This is the time of year that always sucks if you are a Pats fan. Free agency and drafting is tough to get through. 

Edited by PizzaBeerFF

I know Peoples-Jones isn't a widely regarded prospect, his measurables are pretty meh, but man, it seemed like he was came up with big catches for Michigan whenever I watched them.

Onwenu was the only Pats pick I called. Since they go off radar I’ll love it if they draft Earnie edwards in the seventh. He’s a small school local New England do it all smaller type with speed. 

31 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I know Peoples-Jones isn't a widely regarded prospect, his measurables are pretty meh, but man, it seemed like he was came up with big catches for Michigan whenever I watched them.

I think it is pretty much the opposite. Measurables are awesome, just never translated to any consistent production--outside of a big play here and there.

He is candidate to take a leap as a pro with the right coaching.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I think it is pretty much the opposite. Measurables are awesome, just never translated to any consistent production--outside of a big play here and there.

He is candidate to take a leap as a pro with the right coaching.

LOL the Rotoworld blurb agrees with you, I read it after posting and thought, "man I'm dumb."

Maybe it was just 2018, or the TDs this year.  But kid seemed clutch.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

What team has had the best draft so far?

Dallas no question.

I think the Saints had a great draft given they had such few picks.

Edited by Evincar

16 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

What team has had the best draft so far?

Only truly wrong answer is Green Bay apparently

• Like 1

Miami is an obvious pick. 

For teams not in the rebuild that are mediocre or better I like Ravens draft best.

Seconded on Baltimore and Dallas.

Minnesota didn't do too bad for themselves either IMO.

Cowboys, Ravens , Colts,  Jets and Cardinals like those drafts..  was not too big on the dolphins that much even with all those picks. Cards got the best bang for the buck getting Isiah Simmons and Josh Jones that late

5 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Edit- Never mind it was the Seahawks.

DE. He knows how to be sneaky and get in that bag.

Great pick. 10/10

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

Only truly wrong answer is Green Bay apparently

I’m currently crying into my Packers shirt. 😢

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I’m currently crying into my Packers shirt. 😢

RIP

Wow. If I had to play for any coach in nfl it would be Peyton of NO. He donated his blood and is keeping an eye on when he can donate again. What a great leader. 

• Like 1

Some highlights:
- Vikings had 15 picks, and splurged on Defense (9) and Oline (3). That has to be good for Dalvin Cook.
- Giants added 7 on D and 3 (seemingly great picks) in the Oline. Barkley gets an uptick.
- Jags add 7 on D, one notable WR (Shenault), and then some more flotsam. Still the Jags.
- Carolina had 7 picks and send them entirely on D. Not much fun for Fantasy, but an awesome draft in my mind.
- Miami does the rebuild they wanted, with 5 D, 3 Oline, the QB they wanted (Tua) and obviously a long snapper, which as we all know is of the highest priority to a rebuild.
- NE has the most fun draft always, trading out of the first round, and then trading up twice to first draft a TE they could have picked up later and then a K. Pretty good Kicker though.

On Offense:
- Seattle adds an RB, a WR and 2 TEs, because they had only 3 of those. Nothing spectacular though.
- Denver added 3 WRs, including Jeudy and Hamler, and a TE
- As said many times, it seems the highest drafted RBs all went to teams that already have a star or a crowded backfield: CEH to KC (DW), Swift to the Lions (Kerryon), Taylor to the Colts (Mack), Akers to the Rams (Henderson), Dobbins to the Ravens (Ingram), Moss to the Bills (Singletary). The Bucs add 2 RBs, but possibly not the one they needed. This is going to be a headache for Dynasty drafts.
- Loads and loads of highly drafted WRs and generally going to good teams for them. Ruggs to the Raiders, Jeudy to the Broncos, Lamb to the Cowboys, Aiyuk to the 49ers all seem good places. Reagor in Philly, Jefferson in Minnesota in a team that doesn't want to pass that much, Higgins with a fresh QB, Pittman in Indy might also work, Mims to the Jets.
- Pats get 2 TEs, Kmet could work on the Bears, Trautman seems a good fit in NO. No instant TE winners though.
- For Dynasty teams needing a QB, Burrow seems the man, Tua and Herbert have question marks. Love should be a project in GB, Hurts could be a #2 in Philly. I like Eason in Indy, for the future. Let him be the understudy for Rivers, and watch and learn.

I think the top Dynasty picks are going to be very interesting. I think Burrow, Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb have excellent places and will be strong picks, but it's anyone's guess what's going to happen with CEH, and Taylor/Swift.

• Like 1