Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel like he's been heavily carried by his defense so far. He just doesn't seem able to sustain drives. Doesn't attempt gutsy passes, doesn't trust his receivers. Fitz comes in for a couple drives, and despite the interception, the offense moves more in 3 minutes than it had in the prior 30 minutes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, harck said:

Feel like he's been heavily carried by his defense so far. He just doesn't seem able to sustain drives. Doesn't attempt gutsy passes, doesn't trust his receivers. Fitz comes in for a couple drives, and despite the interception, the offense moves more in 3 minutes than it had in the prior 30 minutes.

 

And fitz threw a game sealing INT.

 

Tua wasn't turning the ball over. It's his 4th game and the play calling isn't the same as when they put fitz in. Miami has one of the worst o coordinators in the NFL. 

 

Fitz could have easily thrown 4 picks as opposed to 4 TDs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The offense doesn’t go too many places with this dude at the helm.  But I could always see that from the start.

Fitz may have thrown a pick, but the offense was moving with him.  No question.

Doesn't make sense to bench Tua this season, but Fitz is clearly the better passing option.

I don’t have the same patience when guys like Herbert are going out there and ballin consistently.

Link to post
Share on other sites

80 yards into the 4th ouch!! . Hope tua plays better but 3 of 4 games with under 200 yards passing sure doesn’t look good. Fitz could move the ball fine when he came in, tua needs to at least be a threat down field my goodness that was terrible to watch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

To those who watched the game - Did he actually look horrible? Or was his stat line just due to super conservative play calling and bad luck?

 

I watched the game. The play calling is definitely different with Tua in the game. Chan Gailey loves Ryan Fitzpatrick.

 

 Vic Fangio is a great defensive coach and he said his goal was to knock Tua out of the game. That being said I think Tua held onto the ball a little too long and took sacks instead of getting rid of the ball. He doesn't have a lot of weapons and could be afraid of making a big mistake due to the conservative game plan. He looked like a rookie in this game but I think Flores did Tua a disservice by yanking him out. Plenty of guys have had worse performances and stayed on the field. You win as a team and you lose as a team. It's a bad precedent to set by telling your rookie starting QB he can get benched any particular game when you aren't having your best game but aren't making huge mistakes. Gotta let the young guys work it out on the field.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

To those who watched the game - Did he actually look horrible? Or was his stat line just due to super conservative play calling and bad luck?

I saw a bit of it - during commercials of other, much more interesting, games. DEN's D gets a bad rap because of how horrible their offense is - DEN D never really surprises me when they shut teams down and whatever they were doing was working yesterday. They looked like a well-coached group confusing a rookie QB in his 4th game. Despite what I've read here today Fitz was not particularly great when he did play. DEN was playing good defense - decided to show up for whatever reason.

Bottom line is he didn't lose the job (yet) and he gets a no-excuses start against the Jets next. We'll know much more where this is headed after next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There has got to be tremendous pressure on this guy.

Burrow was playing well as #1 overall pick, that's expected.

And then to see Herbert ball out?  A guy picked behind him?  While he's still standing on the sidelines?

The game seems fast for Tua.  And as I said in an earlier post, he looks so small.  I hope the kid is indeed good and just didn't benefit while playing for an awesome college team. I think the knock on Herbert was that he was this small town boy from Oregon who wouldn't be able to cut it in the big city.  Boy were they wrong.  If I was starting a team, I think I'd choose Herbert over Tua from the little we've seen of him so far.  But everybody develops at their own pace.  It's not encouraging to see he got benched but then inexplicably being given the nod again next week.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CooL said:

There has got to be tremendous pressure on this guy.

Burrow was playing well as #1 overall pick, that's expected.

And then to see Herbert ball out?  A guy picked behind him?  While he's still standing on the sidelines?

The game seems fast for Tua.  And as I said in an earlier post, he looks so small.  I hope the kid is indeed good and just didn't benefit while playing for an awesome college team. I think the knock on Herbert was that he was this small town boy from Oregon who wouldn't be able to cut it in the big city.  Boy were they wrong.  If I was starting a team, I think I'd choose Herbert over Tua from the little we've seen of him so far.  But everybody develops at their own pace.  It's not encouraging to see he got benched but then inexplicably being given the nod again next week.  

 

Well, in all fairness the charger and bengals are 2 of the most pass happy teams in the NFL with excellent pass catchers.

 

Tua has the worst OC in the NFL, and his pass catchers are not very good at all. It's not like Tua is getting to throw it 40 times a game to guys like Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry, Tyler Boyd, AJ Green, Tee Higgins. Tua gets an injured Parker, Jakeem Grant, and Malcolm Perry and the Dolphins run the ball a ton with not a single good RB. It's not as good of an offensive situation from coordinator the scheme as Burrow in Cincinnati and Herbert is LA

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I saw a bit of it - during commercials of other, much more interesting, games. DEN's D gets a bad rap because of how horrible their offense is - DEN D never really surprises me when they shut teams down and whatever they were doing was working yesterday. They looked like a well-coached group confusing a rookie QB in his 4th game. Despite what I've read here today Fitz was not particularly great when he did play. DEN was playing good defense - decided to show up for whatever reason.

Bottom line is he didn't lose the job (yet) and he gets a no-excuses start against the Jets next. We'll know much more where this is headed after next week.

Prior to the Miami game Denver had allowed the following point totals in their last 4 games: 37, 34, 30, 43. Now granted they played some good offenses including KC, but still.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe Mama said:

Prior to the Miami game Denver had allowed the following point totals in their last 4 games: 37, 34, 30, 43. Now granted they played some good offenses including KC, but still.

I understand that but owning Fant as I do I've seen more Bronco football than I feel comfortable admitting - that offense consistently sets up the defense to fail. I can go into a litany of examples but I'll spare everyone.

DEN actually was competent offensively in the 2nd half.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Miami/Denver game was on Red Zone a lot, and man, I thought Tua looked horrible.

He just seemed to get worse and worse. It looks really bad when Fitz comes in and marches right down the field no problem.

Tua kills all Miami FF plays, including their good defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Well, in all fairness the charger and bengals are 2 of the most pass happy teams in the NFL with excellent pass catchers.

 

Tua has the worst OC in the NFL, and his pass catchers are not very good at all. It's not like Tua is getting to throw it 40 times a game to guys like Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry, Tyler Boyd, AJ Green, Tee Higgins. Tua gets an injured Parker, Jakeem Grant, and Malcolm Perry and the Dolphins run the ball a ton with not a single good RB. It's not as good of an offensive situation from coordinator the scheme as Burrow in Cincinnati and Herbert is LA

I think we all agree that the Chargers and Bungles pass catchers are superior talents.  But then what is the reason why Fitz can have 3 300 yard games and 2 games with 3 TDs?  This team just needs to throw.  You want to find out what you have?  Then let the dude throw.  Don't change up the game plan just for him to "protect" him and just make him throw shallow.  Unleash him and let's see what he's got.  The issue of course is they're also trying to win football games, as they surprisingly find themselves in contention.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Parker isn't as good as Allen.

fitz seems to have no problem getting the ball to parker and marching down the field. can't go into the 4th with 80 yards passing. tua missed grant several times when he was WIDE OPEN over throws him by 15 yards. hopefully tua gets better but 3/4 games throwing under 200 yards doesn't look good maybe he should have sat the whole year but i think the dolphins felt pressured while herbert was torching defenses every week. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tua has pretty much ruined Parker in fantasy this year.  It surprised me because sometimes young QBs pepper their WR1 all day.

Six sacks is like Terrel Pryor territory, though.  You just can't have that.

If they can't connect against the Jets, I will probably pull the plug on Parker unless and until Fitz is put back in for good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...