DerrickHenrysCleats

Tua Tagovailoa 2020 Outlook

13 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Like proteus says, let fitz run the reign, were still a coup,e years out from a new dynasty, but this is going on the right direction

This team did so many right things in the draft just several days ago that they have to improve. Tua is in the best situation in my opinion to succeed as a new QB this upcoming year and that being said he may not even start the season as the starting QB. The team has improved in so many ways not only in the skill positions, but also on defense and on the line. He is the future and it looks bright for the Dolphins.

• Tua Tagovailoa said he's "ready to go" in an interview with USA Today.

Tagovailoa's recovery has been reported ahead of schedule on multiple occasions and the quarterback himself is now confirming this. The possibility of him taking the field as a rookie is looking increasingly likely. Ryan Fitzpatrick is still the favorite to start Week 1 but it wouldn't be surprising for Tagovailoa to get starts in the first half of the year. Fitzpatrick led the Dolphins to finish 13th in passing yards and 22nd in passing touchdowns last year.

SOURCE: USA Today
    Jul 23, 2020, 6:19 PM ET

•  

On 4/28/2020 at 3:46 PM, BleachyBlonde said:

This team did so many right things in the draft just several days ago that they have to improve. Tua is in the best situation in my opinion to succeed as a new QB this upcoming year and that being said he may not even start the season as the starting QB. The team has improved in so many ways not only in the skill positions, but also on defense and on the line. He is the future and it looks bright for the Dolphins.

Too bad they hired an idiot of a Coach

12 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

What, Brian Flores? He made a pretty good impression on me, whichever way I look at the Dolphins.

- Offensively they grew considerably; they went from 200 yd/game to 400 yd/game, and players like Parker, Gesicki, Williams were clear break-outs
- Defensively they also grew, from allowing 600 yards the first disastrous game to 300-400 yards later in the season. That's not good enough, but it's an improvement
- Their turnover differential during the season went from -14 to +6. That's quite the turnaround.
- I like their draft 2020. They took Tua, they drafted Oline talent to protect him, and a truckload of talent on defense (which they need)
All of that to me is the hallmark fo a good coach, not an idiot.

They're no Superbowl contenders yet, but for the first time in ages they're actually looking pretty good. Why do you think he's an idiot?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

What, Brian Flores? He made a pretty good impression on me, whichever way I look at the Dolphins.

- Offensively they grew considerably; they went from 200 yd/game to 400 yd/game, and players like Parker, Gesicki, Williams were clear break-outs
- Defensively they also grew, from allowing 600 yards the first disastrous game to 300-400 yards later in the season. That's not good enough, but it's an improvement
- Their turnover differential during the season went from -14 to +6. That's quite the turnaround.
- I like their draft 2020. They took Tua, they drafted Oline talent to protect him, and a truckload of talent on defense (which they need)

They're no Superbowl contenders yet, but for the first time in ages they're actually looking pretty good. Why do you think he's an idiot?

They are headed in the right direction, finally.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

In addition to these points, he's also done a good job in starting to change the culture.  He's getting rid of players who don't want to be there (often getting solid compensation in return) and after brining in a ton of NE coaches has begun to instill a better work ethic within the clubhouse.  I feel Miami has been a bit of joke the last 25 years.  Every time they sign a big FA, that FA seems to underperform (while overpaying the player).  They have gotten the worst out of their players before Flores.  I think that is one of the most important things that is changing.

• Like 2

I hope he doesn't get thrown into the fire too early down there.  Coming off of that injury and having little to no team offseason activities, I think he'd really benefit from sitting the year.  You could say obviously say that with most rookie QB's but I think in this case it's heightened.

20 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Yes...he got to where he is as an idiot. An NFL HC is an idiot...smh. The guy could probably run mental laps around you, and even if not, he’s probably forgotten more football knowledge in the last 24hrs than anyone in this forum has gathered over a lifetime. 

And I’m not even a Flores or Miami fan, lol. I just hate reading these types of statements. 

16 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

IMO, what Brian Flores accomplished last season was nothing short of miraculous. For starters, he inherited a team that had a dearth of talent but rich with malcontents. And, after the way that team started off, OMG...a 0-16 season was fully expected by everyone, including me. In fact, every media outlet on the planet proclaimed they were "Tanking for Tua!".

But, with a little Fitzmagic the team started to losen up, have some fun and just play football. Their confidence grew as they accumulated some wins and they put together a solid second half of the season which was capped in week #17 by defeating the Pats in their house! All that happened while they rid themselves of players that either wanted too much money, thought they we being misused, or just wanted out of Miami, gaining valuable draft capital in the process. Part of the was Grier for sure, but do you not think Flores had any say so in those decisions? 

But, the HC is an idiot?! LMAO!!! 

Two more recent updates re; Tua and the open competition at the QB position from earlier today:

• Dolphins HC Brian Flores said there would be an open competition at quarterback this summer. 

Asked Wednesday if Ryan Fitzpatrick would be Miami's first-team signal caller, Flores said "there is competition there and everywhere," according to Dolphins beat writer Barry Jackson. With full practices likely delayed into well into August, it might be some time before the Dolphins decide between Fitzpatrick or rookie Tua Tagovailoa as their Week 1 starter. 

RELATED: 
    Jul 29, 2020, 10:09 AM ET

Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa passed his physical (hip) and will be able to practice without limitations.

Coach Brian Flores made this statement immediately after proclaiming the quarterback position was open for competition. Tua was unable to participate at the NFL Combine following hip surgery, and his claims that he would be healthy enough for training camp have been proven to be true. It will be difficult for any rookie quarterback not named Joe Burrow to start Week 1 due to the total lack of preseason games, but the team obviously believes the No. 5 overall pick will elevate their offense when ready.

Jul 29, 2020, 10:16 AM ET
  •  

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 4:26 AM, Boudewijn said:

Not talking about Flores...

Im talking about the OC they hired.

On 7/29/2020 at 12:07 PM, Flyman75 said:

Yes...he got to where he is as an idiot. An NFL HC is an idiot...smh. The guy could probably run mental laps around you, and even if not, he’s probably forgotten more football knowledge in the last 24hrs than anyone in this forum has gathered over a lifetime. 

And I’m not even a Flores or Miami fan, lol. I just hate reading these types of statements. 

Lol? Do you honestly believe that because he is an NFL coach he is smart??? Have you not heard of idiot coaches before???

2 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Lol? Do you honestly believe that because he is an NFL coach he is smart??? Have you not heard of idiot coaches before???

Do you even understand how inane that sounds? You seriously think owners and GMs are going to waste their time and millions on unintelligent HCs? They may make bad hires and there may be guys who fail as HCs, but that doesn't make then idiots or unintelligent. HCs may make poor decisions and be in over their heads, but that doesn't make them idiots or unintelligent. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, I guess go ahead and think that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Do you even understand how inane that sounds? You seriously think owners and GMs are going to waste their time and millions on unintelligent HCs? They may make bad hires and there may be guys who fail as HCs, but that doesn't make then idiots or unintelligent. HCs may make poor decisions and be in over their heads, but that doesn't make them idiots or unintelligent. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, I guess go ahead and think that. 

I'm pretty sure Adam Gase is an idiot.

Others just refuse to adapt or change is why most of them fail to succeed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'm pretty sure Adam Gase is an idiot.

Others just refuse to adapt or change is why most of them fail to succeed. 

Lol. Terrible HC? Yes. But a smart dude. Now Freddie Kitchens...he might have something there with that guy. Yikes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2020 at 10:07 AM, Flyman75 said:

Not even kidding at first I thought this is some copy pasta...

Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2020 at 1:10 PM, Flyman75 said:

Again.. majority of coaches in the league are blessed to have connections. 75% of coaches in the league DO NOT DESERVE their job title. There's bunch of unintelligent coaches coaching, that is a fact.

Apparently you havent heard of guys like Fisher, Gase, Mularkey, Whisenhunt, Robiskie etc....

Edited by cashvillesent
  • Like 2

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article245184355.html

7. QB Tua Tagovailoa: You’re not going to see him early in the season. That’s clear by now. The Dolphins have a quarterback competition going on but the truth is it’s a competition for the No. 2 job between Tagovailoa and Josh Rosen. And right now, I’d say the chances are greater that Rosen will take that one unless Tagovailoa suddenly starts doing some magical things he hasn’t shown yet.

Disclaimer: this is from Armando Salgueiro who rarely gets predictions right, but he IS the local beat writer, and if he says Tua hasn't shown anything magical, then that's most likely true... and if there is a competition between him and John Rosen... hot darn, that is really bad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article245184355.html

Disclaimer: this is from Armando Salgueiro who rarely gets predictions right, but he IS the local beat writer, and if he says Tua hasn't shown anything magical, then that's most likely true... and if there is a competition between him and John Rosen... hot darn, that is really bad. 

Camp reports have Joe Burrow leading 2:00 minute drives going 5 for 6 with a TD

While at the same time reports are that tua is losing the backup QB battle with Josh Rosen.

I love training camp hype.

31 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Camp reports have Joe Burrow leading 2:00 minute drives going 5 for 6 with a TD

While at the same time reports are that tua is losing the backup QB battle with Josh Rosen.

I love training camp hype.

Burrow nailing a 2 min drive makes total sense to me. Tua flunking against Josh freaking Rosen? Makes zero sense to me. Zero.

46 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Burrow nailing a 2 min drive makes total sense to me. Tua flunking against Josh freaking Rosen? Makes zero sense to me. Zero.

Maybe they're trying to convert him to throw right-handed?

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2020 at 6:26 PM, cashvillesent said:

Again.. majority of coaches in the league are blessed to have connections. 75% of coaches in the league DO NOT DESERVE their job title. There's bunch of unintelligent coaches coaching, that is a fact.

Apparently you havent heard of guys like Fisher, Gase, Mularkey, Whisenhunt, Robiskie etc....

I don't know if it's as high as 75% but.... yeah. This. Nepotism and cronyism in the NFL coaching ranks is rampant and if they have the connections it's very rare a guy is ever actually out of the league if they don't want to be. They just get recycled in the " college to QBs coach to offensive coach to head coach" type wash over and over and over to infinity. The only reason Fisher hasn't come back is because I think he likes broadcasting more than coaching. Don't ever assume just because somebody is a coach or a CEO they are smart or good at their job. A lot of times that just means they were in a frat with the owner or are the son / nephew of the guy who was the boss / coach before.

The fact that Flores won any games at all in that open tanking situation last season should have been enough to get him coach of the year. I don't know if he'll be great going forward but last season, in an historically bad situation he did an exceptional job.

• Like 1

Looks like early TC reports might have been a bit premature. Sounds like he's getting into a groove now. 

Tua Tagovailoa looks like a completely different player in Week 2 of Miami Dolphins training camp. Swagger increase. Arm strength increase. Reading the defense better. Firing to the sidelines and the middle of the field with uncanny accuracy.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/08/25/tua-tagovailoa-improves-miami-dolphins-training-camp-josh-rosen-ryan-fitzpatrick/5632885002/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

Looks like early TC reports might have been a bit premature. Sounds like he's getting into a groove now. 

Tua Tagovailoa looks like a completely different player in Week 2 of Miami Dolphins training camp. Swagger increase. Arm strength increase. Reading the defense better. Firing to the sidelines and the middle of the field with uncanny accuracy.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/08/25/tua-tagovailoa-improves-miami-dolphins-training-camp-josh-rosen-ryan-fitzpatrick/5632885002/

Yeah, he was the best college QB for a reason