DerrickHenrysCleats

Tua Tagovailoa 2020 Outlook

I think the time to grab him is now, probably free of the waivers. Fitzmagic is going to miss time his mom just passed away this weekend or something. Coaches said he'll miss time may miss week 1 if not more. If Tua gets the start, it's no turning back. I definitely have him on my waiver claim. I'm the 15 outtta 16 waiver. So why not. 

• Like 1

Guess mum wont be missed that much 

• Like 1

Any expectation of him getting the start anytime soon? Haven't really kept track much of this situation, but he apparently practiced today after dealing with an illness the past week or 2. 

29 minutes ago, Agmaniacmike said:

Any expectation of him getting the start anytime soon? Haven't really kept track much of this situation, but he apparently practiced today after dealing with an illness the past week or 2. 

If I had to guess, I’d say week 12. Following a bye and soft matchups with the Jets & Bengals.

If Fitzmagic forces their hand, could be earlier. 

Anybody stashing?  Dynasty he's obviously already owned.  Keeper leagues where you can keep say 1-3 players, still a tough call at this point.  Depends obviously on your league keeper rules.

Fantasy aside, I'm just excited to get to watch this kid play.

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Anybody stashing?  Dynasty he's obviously already owned.  Keeper leagues where you can keep say 1-3 players, still a tough call at this point.  Depends obviously on your league keeper rules.

Fantasy aside, I'm just excited to get to watch this kid play.

Would love to stash in redraft, but with the uncertainty of the league and so many injuries makes it super tough. I really think he'll be great when he plays. Lots of talented offensive players in Miami and good staff as well. 

• Like 1

Translation: It's not Tua time quite yet, but another loss or two and it will be. 

• Like 2

Miami announced today that Futz (I'm leaving the autocorrect) will start week 5. Tells me there was discussion about it and it's possibly a call to Fitz that he needs to play better. Miami fan here so yes I'm too close to it to be unbiased. 

• Like 1

absolutely no way he plays this year. maybe week 11 after the bye. 

they said he has NOT even been tackled in practice.  Last time he was tackled was college. 

they have wrapped him in bubble wrap. and their o-line sucks. fitz has been great at escaping pressure, but also taken some big hits... and as a franchise you dont want seeing tua take those same big hits

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

they said he has NOT even been tackled in practice.  Last time he was tackled was college. 

they have wrapped him in bubble wrap. and their o-line sucks. fitz has been great at escaping pressure, but also taken some big hits... and as a franchise you dont want seeing tua take those same big hits

jta41d7x.gif

6 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

They only have 2 QBs on their roster, if Fitz were to get injured during the game it would be Tua time.

The mere fact that Flores was asked about it on Monday by beat writers suggests to me it's close.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

The mere fact that Flores was asked about it on Monday by beat writers suggests to me it's close.

yeah but flores wont be bullied by the media;

“Look, the honest thing for me is if it was my kid, and he had a serious injury like that, I wouldn’t want his coach to throw him in there because of media pressure or anything like that. That’s kinda how I approach this situation and really all situations,” Dolphins coach Brian Flores said of Tagovailoa on Monday.

“With the players, they are my kids. So, no one is going to pressure me into doing anything. If we feel like he’s ready to go, we’ll put him in.”

16 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

Are QBs ever tackled in practice?

• Thanks 1

I rally feel the upside here is Mahomesian and Fitzmagic isn't exactly set up for success this weekend @SF. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I rally feel the upside here is Mahomesian and Fitzmagic isn't exactly set up for success this weekend @SF. 

I'll give him this much chance of stealing the job this year.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIj3K87u2Xt0aVmW4cvg7

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I'll give him this much chance of stealing the job this year.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIj3K87u2Xt0aVmW4cvg7

Ryan, is that you? 😹

I can't imagine Tua doesn't start at some point unless they are holding him purely to protect him from injury. 

The beauty of football is...we shall see.