DerrickHenrysCleats

Tua Tagovailoa 2020 Outlook

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!

Anyone else puzzled by this? The Dolphins are in it this year and Fitz has looked good.

Edited by MingusDew
  • Like 5

On 10/19/2020 at 12:18 PM, kraftwrk_5 said:

I don’t see it. Fitz is playing so well, and the Dolphins are winning games, so why make a change? Unless Fitz gets hurt or the wheels totally fall off and force Flores’ hand, I expect that he’ll get a redshirt year just like Mahomes did.

So much for that

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Tua Time

He must be ready or lighting up practice for them to make the move. I'm one of few that thinks Fitz has played worse than the stats indicate, but the bye week is as good as any time to make a switch. 

Coming out of the bye makes sense, but with Fitz being basically the league MVP it seems strange to make the choice now. 

Irregardlessly, Tua will get banged up and Fitz will be back in a few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Anyone else puzzled by this? The Dolphins are in it this year and Fitz has looked good.

Why would anybody be puzzled by it? From an old-school (re: not actually analyzing the data that's in front of you) standpoint, sure. Did you watch him play in college? If he's healthy, it wouldn't be much of a surprise that he's already better than Fitz.

Edited by miasma16

3 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

If you have seen tua throw you would know it is not puzzling at all.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Nothing builds experience quite like live fire and game action. I'm guessing Tua has lit up practice and has swag. 

Just now, Mustangt125 said:

Coming out of the bye makes sense, but with Fitz being basically the league MVP it seems strange to make the choice now. 

I'd guess the only way Fitz is back is if the team he's traded to is scheduled to play the Dolphins. 

Admittedly I'm not as schooled on Tua as some, but this sounds positive to me. I just figured that after the injury they might just let him chill this year. But I suppose if he's a gamer now is the time to throw him in because Miami is winning games.

3 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

I think to say Fitz is the league MVP is obviously a stretch.  Only his mother would say that.  He's been the Dolphins MVP, yes.  And he has played well, yes.   But Tua's ceiling and the other dimensions he brings is so much higher.  That's why they made him a high draft pick.  Fitz is a grizzled veteran and knows he has always just been a placeholder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He must be ready or lighting up practice for them to make the move. I'm one of few that thinks Fitz has played worse than the stats indicate, but the bye week is as good as any time to make a switch. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

I've seen irregardless, but irregardlessly is a whole new level. Thank you for that.

How is Fitz the MVP?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

I think to say Fitz is the league MVP is obviously a stretch.  Only his mother would say that.  He's been the Dolphins MVP, yes.  And he has played well, yes.   But Tua's ceiling and the other dimensions he brings is so much higher.  That's why they made him a high draft pick.  Fitz is a grizzled veteran and knows he has always just been a placeholder.

🖕

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Or the opposite and they're worried Fitz is tanking their draft position 😁

• Thanks 2

Fitz is winning too much. It's obvious they want to put an end to that. So, that's why if Tua starts out of the bye.

• Haha 1

They probably see Justin Herbert doing good and want to get Tua in there. 

They might also have a top five pick in the draft from the Texans so they probably want to see what Tua can do now, could affect what they do with that pick.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Could Fitz be traded to Cowboys? Makes sense to me.

Woah that would be a good move

Just now, Tomei7 said:

Could Fitz be traded to Cowboys? Makes sense to me.

That's a fun thought. But I think the Cowboys have to realize they have no real shot this year with that defense so why go to the trouble and spend anything on Fitzpatrick? Unless they think their viewership would be so poor that Fitzpatrick would at least keep them interesting...And Dalton was unbelievably poor last night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

That's a fun thought. But I think the Cowboys have to realize they have no real shot this year with that defense so why go to the trouble and spend anything on Fitzpatrick? Unless they think their viewership would be so poor that Fitzpatrick would at least keep them interesting...And Dalton was unbelievably poor last night.

They are in 1st place still. No shot to win the Super Bowl? Sure I hear you. I doubt Fitz would cost much draft capital.

4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Woah that would be a good move

Makes sense I think Fitz would fit well in that Cowboys offense, Dalton is atrocious, Fitz would def be an upgrade to him. Cowboys can still win that division.